Why are all the VC classics missing from the Wi-U store?

#1XFactor1Posted 5/5/2013 2:25:49 PM(edited)
I want to buy Super Mario RPG but it isn't available on the Wii U store.

It is available on the Wii store. Why does Nintendo make customer jump through hoops to do everything?

The Wii system transfer process is tedious and wipes it from the Wii console. Nintendo should take Sony's approach and make it available to use on any console you own instead of 1 at a time.

It wont allow the redemption of VC games rewarded from the Club Nintendo either unless it is on a wii.
---
--
#2KayubePosted 5/5/2013 6:36:46 PM
There's likely some sort of process each game has to go through before it gets released on a new platform. Software can be pretty unpredictable sometimes with how it reacts to different hardware, even if the emulator is the same. As for why they charge money instead of giving games away for free if you have them on another platform, it's probably to prevent people from sharing games with a friend who has the other system.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#3biggy204Posted 5/5/2013 6:55:57 PM
Its like why some PS1 classics are not on the Vita PSN Store yet. Something to do with compatability issues.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#4Nin3DSFanPosted 5/5/2013 7:00:14 PM
The reason they aren't on the Wii U Store (eShop) is because er... well, how do I put it?
It hasn't been released on the eShop?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#5YamiYugi4400Posted 5/5/2013 7:01:45 PM
They're not on the e-shop so Nintendo can spent the next 2 years releasing the vc games they already released on the wii shop
---
Exodia - Obliterate!!!
#6Numbuh100Posted 5/5/2013 7:09:35 PM
Just get a cheap Wii to download it.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#7Xenesis XenonPosted 5/5/2013 7:10:23 PM
It wont allow the redemption of VC games rewarded from the Club Nintendo either unless it is on a wii.

What, I've had no problem doing that on my Wii U.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#8DavCubePosted 5/5/2013 7:13:53 PM
Kayube posted...
There's likely some sort of process each game has to go through before it gets released on a new platform. Software can be pretty unpredictable sometimes with how it reacts to different hardware, even if the emulator is the same.

For something as simple as NES games, I have trouble believing that's entirely the case here.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#9Zaphod65Posted 5/5/2013 7:15:06 PM
Yeah, not sure what you mean. I went into Wii mode and was able to redeem the code for Super Mario 64 with no problem.
---
Gamertag: Halifirien
#10AirBorneCoffeeTPosted 5/5/2013 7:18:33 PM
Nintendo's bussiness team has a group of highly regarded astrologists, who read the stars to tell them when the best time to release which game. Their mystical bussiness division also has tarot card readers and jedi. (The jedi are to scan for signs in the force.)
---
"What are you waiting for, Mr. Howel? Start talking into a fish!"
-The Skipper (Early B & W episode of Gilligan's Island)