Why are all the VC classics missing from the Wi-U store?

#11Nin3DSFanPosted 5/5/2013 7:21:43 PM
So, people are complaining about the Wii VC titles not being already available on the Wii U eShop...

But tell me this. How long does it take to make sure each game runs on the Game Pad smoothly in sync with the TV?
And then, how long does it take to set up the Miiverse channel?
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#12SocranPosted 5/5/2013 7:25:56 PM(edited)
XFactor1 posted...
I want to buy Super Mario RPG but it isn't available on the Wii U store.

It is available on the Wii store. Why does Nintendo make customer jump through hoops to do everything?

The Wii system transfer process is tedious and wipes it from the Wii console. Nintendo should take Sony's approach and make it available to use on any console you own instead of 1 at a time.

It wont allow the redemption of VC games rewarded from the Club Nintendo either unless it is on a wii.

Because these are all Wii games and Wii features, so you run them in Wii Mode. You'd need to do that to play the games anyway. The Wii U VC is a completely seperate service, and games that are released or re-released on it will have additional features apart from the Wii versions.

EDIT: It seems you're not even aware of the Wii Mode in the first place. Go do that, and you can access the seperate Wii-specific shop on the Wii U, which will allow you to put in the codes and buy the VC games and everything. You don't need to get the things on the Wii and then transfer them over.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#13KaiserKanePosted 5/5/2013 7:24:49 PM
They have to re-emulate the games to work with the Wii U hardware and add the gamepad functionality. Work has to go into each game they release. That said there should still be a lot more games to purchase.
---
hav eu notices the way 2 peopl arent reaally bcaus yiu cant see too
#14PendragoonPosted 5/5/2013 7:25:14 PM
DavCube posted...
Kayube posted...
There's likely some sort of process each game has to go through before it gets released on a new platform. Software can be pretty unpredictable sometimes with how it reacts to different hardware, even if the emulator is the same.

For something as simple as NES games, I have trouble believing that's entirely the case here.

Look up how hard it is to make an accurate emulator. Each game has to be tweaked to work on the emu for each system. (Sony has had issues with their PS1 classics because of this) this is to make the game run as close to the actual hardware as possible, and this takes time. It isn't as simple as dumping a rom onto the eshop, each game gets a custom tweaked emu built for the system it is released on.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#15Xenesis XenonPosted 5/5/2013 7:27:36 PM
KaiserKane posted...
They have to re-emulate the games to work with the Wii U hardware and add the gamepad functionality. Work has to go into each game they release. That said there should still be a lot more games to purchase.

Beyond ensuring that their general purpose NES/SNES emulator doesn't break particular games (which it shouldn't considering they've had two whole consoles to perfect those emulators on), the level of work shouldn't be enormous.

If you look at the Wii hacks, a lot of unreleased games were made to work by simple replacement.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#16PendragoonPosted 5/5/2013 7:40:44 PM
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2011/08/accuracy-takes-power-one-mans-3ghz-quest-to-build-a-perfect-snes-emulator/

This is a great read on the work that can go into an emulator.
---
Know Japanese? Post your advice in the topic below!
http://gamefaqs.com/boards/316-gamefaqs-world-japan/63714709
#17AaronPHughesPosted 5/8/2013 12:40:35 PM
Nintendo has 3 separate eShops to confuse the masses about where you can get what titles where. Want Mario World? you can get it on Wii and Wii U but not 3DS. Want Mario RPG? Only on Wii.

Nintendo needs to get their crap together.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U
#18ynniPosted 5/8/2013 12:51:05 PM
Release every game all at once and people will buy a handful of them and ignore the rest. Release a handful of games every week and people may impulse buy games they wouldn't otherwise bother looking at.

It's a business strategy.
---
*Insert witty line*
#19OoSubaruoOPosted 5/8/2013 12:52:14 PM
AaronPHughes posted...
Nintendo has 3 separate eShops to confuse the masses about where you can get what titles where. Want Mario World? you can get it on Wii and Wii U but not 3DS. Want Mario RPG? Only on Wii.

Nintendo needs to get their crap together.

People should stop being ignorant, and actually bother to research these things then. 3DS eShop doesn't have SNES games on it, which is why SMW isn't on there.
#20AaronPHughesPosted 5/8/2013 1:03:02 PM
OoSubaruoO posted...

People should stop being ignorant, and actually bother to research these things then. 3DS eShop doesn't have SNES games on it, which is why SMW isn't on there.

So some 8 year old kid and 40 year old mom should research all this online? How about having a unified system? Something that smartphones do. I don't have to rebuy all my apps when I upgrade my phone and I don't lose out on them either. What happens when the next DS comes out and they have 4 separate stores they have to service. I love Nintendo and the idea of VC games but Nintendo's approach to this is a joke.
---
Systems Owned - 2600, 5200, NES, NES2, Gameboy, SNES, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Color, N64, Dreamcast, Gamecube, GBA, DS, DSLite, GBM, Wii, 360, 3DS, Wii U