I just sold my Wii-U today.

#1tyrolzallPosted 5/5/2013 2:58:16 PM
I got one last December, and honestly though the system had great potential. But I feel like I got completely duped.

I had one problem after the other with the OS. It crashed on me far too frequently. It ran incredibly slow, like I was on my old 233mhz Pentium II PC with Windows 95 kinda slow. Transfers were also really slow, so slow that my internet has a faster download speed than data transfers on Wii-U. But I got 120mb internet.

VC games were sorta a disappointment. Few of the games I was hoping for and they were sorta overpriced, and I had many of them already on other systems. Didn't feel like it was necessary to buy it again.

I noticed FPS drops in NSMBU. Just no excuse why that game shouldn't run perma-60fps no matter what. Also we were promised 1080p, but most games are still 720p.

Anyone else notice input lag in MH Ultimate? Actually I noticed it in a Nintendoland and NSMBU.

Also nearly 6 months later, no scheduled release dates for most of the game I even care about.

So I decided to just cut my losses right now and sell my Wii-U + MH + NSMBU for $300.
#2Chrome76Posted 5/5/2013 2:59:32 PM
You should of just kept it to be honest since you will most likely repurchase one later. It will get a better library later hopefully.
#3airfoemoePosted 5/5/2013 3:00:12 PM
Luckily that guy will be able to enjoy it.
---
http://www.schtserv.com/connect.php
^ go here if u wanna play Phantasy Star Online for Gamecube, Dreamcast,and PC (for free)
#4DDP886Posted 5/5/2013 3:01:27 PM
I sold mine for 180 a few weeks ago myself. I was happy to recoup some value for it
---
Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds = Spiritual Liberation
LETS GO: NYM|NYJ|NYK|NYR
#5Beatperson14Posted 5/5/2013 3:02:17 PM
Nintendo is in the duping business now--not the games business
#6TrueBlue91Posted 5/5/2013 3:03:27 PM
Well, things can only get better as time goes on, so you probably should have just waited it out.

But oh well.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#7ImGanondorfLolPosted 5/5/2013 3:03:36 PM
Waste of money considering you'll probably re-purchase it again when there are good games available.
#8tyrolzall(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 3:03:46 PM
Chrome76 posted...
You should of just kept it to be honest since you will most likely repurchase one later. It will get a better library later hopefully.

If I buy another Wii-U I'm gonna wait till its far cheaper than what I sold it for. The system itself is not that great. The way the system is and functions just seems really cheap, and lacking quality.

I'm someone who usually buys all the consoles anyway, so I'm not a strict loyalist to one manufacturer. But Nintendo seriously disappointed me this time. I had trust, and faith that Nintendo wasn't going to sell me a piece of junk, and I feel like I've they've betrayed my trust and confidence in them as a quality developer who makes quality products.
#9PointmanPosted 5/5/2013 3:04:07 PM
Anyone who sells a console early in its life cycle better be poor and desperate for the cash, or they made a very poor decision.
#10crimsonclaw111Posted 5/5/2013 3:04:43 PM
Luckily that guy will be able to enjoy it.

Who's to say he'll enjoy it? TC once bought a Wii U.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390