I just sold my Wii-U today.

#11kemPhReAkPosted 5/5/2013 2:04:59 PM
Lol why would anyone buy it now? Everyone should wait at least one year for a new console to build up its library.
---
rly big shoes, rly big
#12Aegis_RunestonePosted 5/5/2013 2:07:17 PM
airfoemoe posted...
Luckily that guy will be able to enjoy it.

---
Huge fan of Muramasa - The Demon Blade
Huge Final Fantasy IV fan! Played all versions of FF4 (except PSP) since 1992. Fav charas: Cecil, Kain, and Rydia.
#13Shadowbird_RHPosted 5/5/2013 2:24:13 PM
kemPhReAk posted...
Lol why would anyone buy it now? Everyone should wait at least one year for a new console to build up its library.

That's generally a good idea, but there are reasons to buy a console early. Granted, most aren't very good reasons, but under the right conditions, they work. In my case, I bought a Wii U early because I wanted my Wii games playable in my bedroom and living room without having to move the consoles around all the time. I could have just bought a Wii for that, but with no doubt in my mind that Wii U will come to have games that won't want to miss that won't be available anywhere else, I was going to buy one sooner or later, so it might as well be sooner.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#14OMG_AIDSPosted 5/5/2013 2:38:05 PM
DDP886 posted...
I sold mine for 180 a few weeks ago myself. I was happy to recoup some value for it

What's that, the fifth or sixth Wii U you've sold?
---
XBL Gamertag - Goomba Stomper
Nintendo ID & PSN ID - Goomba_Stomper
#15Enigma149Posted 5/5/2013 2:39:40 PM
OMG_AIDS posted...
DDP886 posted...
I sold mine for 180 a few weeks ago myself. I was happy to recoup some value for it

What's that, the fifth or sixth Wii U you've sold?

That depends...did he manage to sell the one with the broken "A" button?
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#16Shadow_Mario01Posted 5/5/2013 2:52:17 PM
tyrolzall posted...
I got one last December, and honestly though the system had great potential. But I feel like I got completely duped.

I had one problem after the other with the OS. It crashed on me far too frequently. It ran incredibly slow, like I was on my old 233mhz Pentium II PC with Windows 95 kinda slow. Transfers were also really slow, so slow that my internet has a faster download speed than data transfers on Wii-U. But I got 120mb internet.

VC games were sorta a disappointment. Few of the games I was hoping for and they were sorta overpriced, and I had many of them already on other systems. Didn't feel like it was necessary to buy it again.

I noticed FPS drops in NSMBU. Just no excuse why that game shouldn't run perma-60fps no matter what. Also we were promised 1080p, but most games are still 720p.

Anyone else notice input lag in MH Ultimate? Actually I noticed it in a Nintendoland and NSMBU.

Also nearly 6 months later, no scheduled release dates for most of the game I even care about.

So I decided to just cut my losses right now and sell my Wii-U + MH + NSMBU for $300.

You lost all credibility when I discovered your username is an anagram of LAZY TROLL
---
Posted using GameFlux
#17Enigma149Posted 5/5/2013 2:55:23 PM
Shadow_Mario01 posted...
tyrolzall posted...
I got one last December, and honestly though the system had great potential. But I feel like I got completely duped.

I had one problem after the other with the OS. It crashed on me far too frequently. It ran incredibly slow, like I was on my old 233mhz Pentium II PC with Windows 95 kinda slow. Transfers were also really slow, so slow that my internet has a faster download speed than data transfers on Wii-U. But I got 120mb internet.

VC games were sorta a disappointment. Few of the games I was hoping for and they were sorta overpriced, and I had many of them already on other systems. Didn't feel like it was necessary to buy it again.

I noticed FPS drops in NSMBU. Just no excuse why that game shouldn't run perma-60fps no matter what. Also we were promised 1080p, but most games are still 720p.

Anyone else notice input lag in MH Ultimate? Actually I noticed it in a Nintendoland and NSMBU.

Also nearly 6 months later, no scheduled release dates for most of the game I even care about.

So I decided to just cut my losses right now and sell my Wii-U + MH + NSMBU for $300.

You lost all credibility when I discovered your username is an anagram of LAZY TROLL

Well, you have to give him props for creativity.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#18Shadow_Mario01Posted 5/5/2013 3:06:16 PM
Enigma149 posted...
Shadow_Mario01 posted...
tyrolzall posted...

Well, you have to give him props for creativity.

Granted. Wonder if anybody else caught on.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#19youngskillzPosted 5/5/2013 3:29:53 PM
troll or not, tc makes some valid points, the system is nothing special.

an yeah early adoption does suck usually unless theres a few games you're interested in.

an in U's case, one of the worst so far an won't get much better anytime soon.

but overall off tv playing aside (for the few games that even support it), the U is a very underwhelming "next gen" console.

plain an simple.
---
Metal Bands OTM -- Embryo, Eye of The Enemy, Persefone, Callenish Circle, Before the Dawn, Mors Principium Est, Destinity, The Broken Result, Isolated.
#20deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 3:37:43 PM
Good points TC, I do agree with you. It is good you made some money back before the huge price drop from low sales.