I just sold my Wii-U today.

#31sunK1DPosted 5/5/2013 5:56:46 PM
DDP886 posted...
sunK1D posted...
I sold my basic set for $250 back in January, not an ounce of regret since.

How many games did you have for it?

NG3:RE sold it extra for $25
#32sjc1279Posted 5/5/2013 6:07:36 PM
I sold my vita after I bought wii u. I have no regret. Vita is great handheld, but its losing support from sony.
#33Numbuh100Posted 5/5/2013 6:49:33 PM
sunK1D posted...
DDP886 posted...
sunK1D posted...
I sold my basic set for $250 back in January, not an ounce of regret since.

How many games did you have for it?

NG3:RE sold it extra for $25

3DS > Vita
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#34mmarksterPosted 5/5/2013 6:56:16 PM
Buys Wii U $350.
Sells Wii U $250.
Rebuys Wii U $350.
???
---
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032 - 1243 - 4711 Name/NNID/XBLGT/PSNID: mmarkster
Kingdom Hearts with Nintendo Universe = win!
#35sunK1DPosted 5/5/2013 7:22:10 PM
mmarkster posted...
Buys Wii U $350.
Sells Wii U $250.
Rebuys Wii U $350.
???

You did that? You must have a lot of money!
#36SuperPlatanoPosted 5/5/2013 7:36:53 PM
I bought my Wii U Deluxe for $300 in March

I then sold no part of it and I'm very happy about my purchase
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
http://www.backloggery.com/superplatano
#37grandabxPosted 5/5/2013 7:46:44 PM
tyrolzall posted...
I got one last December, and honestly though the system had great potential. But I feel like I got completely duped.

I had one problem after the other with the OS. It crashed on me far too frequently. It ran incredibly slow, like I was on my old 233mhz Pentium II PC with Windows 95 kinda slow. Transfers were also really slow, so slow that my internet has a faster download speed than data transfers on Wii-U. But I got 120mb internet.

VC games were sorta a disappointment. Few of the games I was hoping for and they were sorta overpriced, and I had many of them already on other systems. Didn't feel like it was necessary to buy it again.

I noticed FPS drops in NSMBU. Just no excuse why that game shouldn't run perma-60fps no matter what. Also we were promised 1080p, but most games are still 720p.

Anyone else notice input lag in MH Ultimate? Actually I noticed it in a Nintendoland and NSMBU.

Also nearly 6 months later, no scheduled release dates for most of the game I even care about.

So I decided to just cut my losses right now and sell my Wii-U + MH + NSMBU for $300.

you did the smart thing and more people need to see the truth in the situation.
#38usaamahlinkPosted 5/5/2013 7:48:18 PM
You sold yours today, I plan on buying mine soon. You bought yours for launch potential, I knew launches will always disappoint and chose to hold out, for the long term potential (which starts to become reality starting E3). You will feel disappointed with it, a disappointment that wont be lost, because you sold the damn system, while I will get good value and great gaming out of it, eventually, as I am prepared and expecting to wait for the return on my investment. You are Wii Uless, while I am soon going to be Wii Uified.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#39usaamahlinkPosted 5/5/2013 7:53:05 PM
tyrolzall posted...
Chrome76 posted...
You should of just kept it to be honest since you will most likely repurchase one later. It will get a better library later hopefully.

If I buy another Wii-U I'm gonna wait till its far cheaper than what I sold it for. The system itself is not that great. The way the system is and functions just seems really cheap, and lacking quality.

I'm someone who usually buys all the consoles anyway, so I'm not a strict loyalist to one manufacturer. But Nintendo seriously disappointed me this time. I had trust, and faith that Nintendo wasn't going to sell me a piece of junk, and I feel like I've they've betrayed my trust and confidence in them as a quality developer who makes quality products.

You know they are increasing system stability and stuff as a priority.. I dont think launches are ever representative of a console.. I look into most consoles etc, but I never buy at launch. I always hold out for at least 6 monthsish, because then you get some idea of future value. You bought the Wii U at its full price, and didnt get the value out of it, because Nintendo didnt have that value to present to you. But they soon will be able to make a case for good value. Of that Im sure, and your recouping of losses makes me feel bad, because seriously, we all know its value is only going to increase ovefr time. Especially with the system updates and Nintendo games. No doubt their launch was below par. But Im fully expecting them to exceed expectations, and deliver on that initial promise by the end of 2013. It took a full year for the Wii U to find its feet, but I dont doubt for a second that when it does, the Wii U will be an absolute gaming juggernaut.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#40biggy204Posted 5/5/2013 7:57:50 PM
Lemmywinks13 posted...
tyrolzall posted...
I got one last December, and honestly though the system had great potential. But I feel like I got completely duped.

I had one problem after the other with the OS. It crashed on me far too frequently. It ran incredibly slow, like I was on my old 233mhz Pentium II PC with Windows 95 kinda slow. Transfers were also really slow, so slow that my internet has a faster download speed than data transfers on Wii-U. But I got 120mb internet.

VC games were sorta a disappointment. Few of the games I was hoping for and they were sorta overpriced, and I had many of them already on other systems. Didn't feel like it was necessary to buy it again.

I noticed FPS drops in NSMBU. Just no excuse why that game shouldn't run perma-60fps no matter what. Also we were promised 1080p, but most games are still 720p.

Anyone else notice input lag in MH Ultimate? Actually I noticed it in a Nintendoland and NSMBU.

Also nearly 6 months later, no scheduled release dates for most of the game I even care about.

So I decided to just cut my losses right now and sell my Wii-U + MH + NSMBU for $300.

Perhaps you should of waited til E3.

Word of advice, don't buy a PS4 or new Xbox the first year or your gonna be in for the same disappointment.

Not if he likes most/all the launch titles then its a for sure buy for the TC to get a PS4/Durango (720). Unless they have delayed launch titles like Nintendo has had. I dont see why he shouldnt rush to get a system he may enjoy in the long run, its just the Wii U isnt for him at all.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else