Buy or no buy: New 3D Wii U Mario game

#1Numbuh100Posted 5/5/2013 3:20:50 PM
Buy or no buy: New 3D Mario Wii U game (read before you vote) - Results (120 votes)
Buy
87.5% (105 votes)
No buy
12.5% (15 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Okay, so this Mario game is very like Super Mario 64's gameplay but the areas of Peach's Castle is more revamped. You get to transport yourself out of the castle with a pipe to Toad's Town (yeah, from Paper Mario). There are levels you have to unlock after beating certain bosses and collecting their stars. Of course, this game is still on to the collecting stars but it's more leaned on to doing puzzles to unlock places and beating bosses until you reach Bowser. Coins you collect are for power upgrades, yes, you get your wings cap and metal cap and others.You can have E. Gadd's FLUDD after a certain point in the game too but FLUDD is used for certain tasks to get to places you can't get to. It's more of a Zelda like game but you can still collect over 100 stars in levels. The purpose of the stars though....you need them unlock doors with the star number on it. Mario gets an E.Gadd device that allows you to look at map with a radar if you get lost. There are past levels you can go through like Del Fino's plaza and the some Galaxy levels.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#2JackalPosted 5/5/2013 3:23:15 PM
I would never buy this game. I have zero interest in the franchise.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#3RainIsMyDrugPosted 5/5/2013 3:24:48 PM
Bow to the king! Yay more Mario ! same old new game *cough* ...
#4NewbiusPosted 5/5/2013 4:03:10 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Okay, so this Mario game is very like Super Mario 64's gameplay but the areas of Peach's Castle is more revamped. You get to transport yourself out of the castle with a pipe to Toad's Town (yeah, from Paper Mario). There are levels you have to unlock after beating certain bosses and collecting their stars. Of course, this game is still on to the collecting stars but it's more leaned on to doing puzzles to unlock places and beating bosses until you reach Bowser. Coins you collect are for power upgrades, yes, you get your wings cap and metal cap and others.You can have E. Gadd's FLUDD after a certain point in the game too but FLUDD is used for certain tasks to get to places you can't get to. It's more of a Zelda like game but you can still collect over 100 stars in levels. The purpose of the stars though....you need them unlock doors with the star number on it. Mario gets an E.Gadd device that allows you to look at map with a radar if you get lost. There are past levels you can go through like Del Fino's plaza and the some Galaxy levels.

Stopped reading right there. My answer is an automatic no. Open world Mario games don't work well for me. the linearity from the Galaxy games fit me much better.
#5BeanBeanKingdomPosted 5/5/2013 4:05:47 PM
If it's 3D Mario, I'll buy whatever they throw my way.
---
Had a Street Fighter signature for four years, but Crapcom doesn't deserve such recognition anymore.
#6deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 4:09:04 PM
Buy a game that has had the same gameplay for 20+ years..hmm no I will skip it.
#7HungoverHero777Posted 5/5/2013 4:21:03 PM
Jackal posted...

Then why post in this topic? The topic title clearly says it's about the Mario franchise....
---
The best gaming group on YouTube!:
http://www.youtube.com/user/LetsPlay/videos?flow=grid&view=1
#8TheApd_ReturnsPosted 5/5/2013 4:21:57 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Jackal posted...

Then why post in this topic? The topic title clearly says it's about the Mario franchise....

because man does as man wills, that is a good enough reason for any freethinker
#9deathslovePosted 5/5/2013 4:22:08 PM
HungoverHero777 posted...
Jackal posted...

Maybe because the topic title is saying buy or no buy? Asking people for their opinion. Is it that hard to read?
#10abbyhitterPosted 5/5/2013 4:26:55 PM
It's only default that I get the 3D Mario for the Wii U. There's no question about it.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!