Buy or no buy: New 3D Wii U Mario game

#11StephenYap3Posted 5/5/2013 5:12:31 PM
Numbuh100 posted...
Okay, so this Mario game is very like Super Mario 64's gameplay but the areas of Peach's Castle is more revamped. You get to transport yourself out of the castle with a pipe to Toad's Town (yeah, from Paper Mario). There are levels you have to unlock after beating certain bosses and collecting their stars. Of course, this game is still on to the collecting stars but it's more leaned on to doing puzzles to unlock places and beating bosses until you reach Bowser. Coins you collect are for power upgrades, yes, you get your wings cap and metal cap and others.You can have E. Gadd's FLUDD after a certain point in the game too but FLUDD is used for certain tasks to get to places you can't get to. It's more of a Zelda like game but you can still collect over 100 stars in levels. The purpose of the stars though....you need them unlock doors with the star number on it. Mario gets an E.Gadd device that allows you to look at map with a radar if you get lost. There are past levels you can go through like Del Fino's plaza and the some Galaxy levels.

Is Mario going to punch and kick again since 64? I'd buy it NOW!!

Second, I liked the open world mechanic in 64 and Sunshine. I never played Galaxy 1 and 2 and 3D Land again due to the linearity, which I think should only be for 2D Mario titles and not 3D.
---
Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal my Wii U?!
#12NewbiusPosted 5/5/2013 5:14:12 PM
StephenYap3 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...
Okay, so this Mario game is very like Super Mario 64's gameplay but the areas of Peach's Castle is more revamped. You get to transport yourself out of the castle with a pipe to Toad's Town (yeah, from Paper Mario). There are levels you have to unlock after beating certain bosses and collecting their stars. Of course, this game is still on to the collecting stars but it's more leaned on to doing puzzles to unlock places and beating bosses until you reach Bowser. Coins you collect are for power upgrades, yes, you get your wings cap and metal cap and others.You can have E. Gadd's FLUDD after a certain point in the game too but FLUDD is used for certain tasks to get to places you can't get to. It's more of a Zelda like game but you can still collect over 100 stars in levels. The purpose of the stars though....you need them unlock doors with the star number on it. Mario gets an E.Gadd device that allows you to look at map with a radar if you get lost. There are past levels you can go through like Del Fino's plaza and the some Galaxy levels.

Second, I liked the open world mechanic in 64 and Sunshine. I never played Galaxy 1 and 2 and 3D Land again due to the linearity, which I think should only be for 2D Mario titles and not 3D.

You should at least try out Super Mario Galaxy.
#13Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/5/2013 5:52:12 PM
Jackal posted...
I would never buy this game. I have zero interest in the franchise.

You will have interest.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#14Yoshi__AranPosted 5/5/2013 5:56:43 PM
I will only buy if it is like 64 and NOT Galaxy!!!!!
---
You might want to get thicker skin if you are unable to handle the opinions of others.
#15FeiBenaresPosted 5/5/2013 6:15:25 PM
Buy it!!!
---
The Battle Dragon And New York City Pokemon Master
Fanboy - http://tinyurl.com/ar7gbuu, Fanboy Wars- http://tinyurl.com/au4nbkh
#16NewbiusPosted 5/5/2013 7:55:42 PM
Yoshi__Aran posted...
I will only buy if it is like 64 and NOT Galaxy!!!!!

What's wrong with Galaxy? Please don't tell me it's because it's linear...
#17AJ2412Posted 5/5/2013 8:11:05 PM
Okay, so this Mario game is very like Super Mario 64's gameplay

No buy. I didn't like Mario 64. Galaxy is great though.
---
"The people who hate on Vuvuzela's are the ones who cant play them." -EvilmetalUK
http://i.imgur.com/7iLBp.png By QTx314159 .
#18gameG3ni3Posted 5/5/2013 8:12:34 PM
deathslove posted...
Buy a game that has had the same gameplay for 20+ years..hmm no I will skip it.

You post the same messages here all the time. You're a rehash troll and should skip this board...
---
''Typical entitled internet user.''-ADHDguitar
''Your entitled to shut the f*** up.''-Too_Cool_Rick
#19StephenYap3Posted 5/6/2013 11:29:36 AM
Newbius posted...
StephenYap3 posted...
Numbuh100 posted...

You should at least try out Super Mario Galaxy.

I already did. It was decent.
---
Hey Ice King! Why'd you steal my Wii U?!
#20Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 11:32:44 AM
AJ2412 posted...
Okay, so this Mario game is very like Super Mario 64's gameplay

No buy. I didn't like Mario 64. Galaxy is great though.

Because you cannot beat Super Mario 64.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!