Who thinks it's going to be hard to top Super Mario Galaxy?

#41Neutron15Posted 5/5/2013 6:29:36 PM
i'll take any 3D Mario over a SMG game anyways
---
I SUPPORT RESIDENT EVIL 3 REMAKE (REVELATIONS STYLE)
#42abbyhitterPosted 5/5/2013 6:32:34 PM
For the people in here saying that Galaxy was terrible or that 64 was better, please leave and go get some taste in video games.
---
abbyhaxxor<3
I always rush here to tell GameFAQs my problems!
#43Kilp45Posted 5/5/2013 6:37:37 PM
Yes, Galaxy 1 and 2 were quite great, 1 even more.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/BalloonClock - Be sure to check out my vids.
Black 2 FC: 5329-8868-7421
#44SuperPlatanoPosted 5/5/2013 6:38:35 PM
I hope so. I haven't played 2 yet, but 1 was phenomenal!
---
Every Villain Is Lemons.
http://www.backloggery.com/superplatano
#45Yoshi__AranPosted 5/5/2013 6:38:43 PM
DTY3 posted...
64 is just a bunch of levels, with each requiring you to replay them seven or so times.

Also you seem to be under the impression that linearity is a bad thing for platformers.

Poor thing. So misinformed.

You don't replay the same levels in galaxy over and over?

Linearity is a bad thing for all games. I guess it is fine to a degree in 2D games but linearity is definitely not okay in 3D games.

You want to fool yourself with your inferior opinion, then by all means, go ahead. Just be aware that you are only lying to yourself since I see through your lies like a freshly cleaned pane of glass.

So, you are a mainstream modern casual gamer and possibly suffering from 'reverse-nostalgia', I get it.

CaptainCorrect posted...
The Galaxy games are waggle-filled gimmicks for kids with ADHD who can't sit still while playing games

THIS^^

abbyhitter posted...
For the people in here saying that Galaxy was terrible or that 64 was better, please leave and go get some taste in video games.

Vice-versa, actually. Soooooo...how old are you? You are a CoD gen gamer, am I correct?
---
You might want to get thicker skin if you are unable to handle the opinions of others.
#46Soanevalcke6Posted 5/5/2013 6:43:20 PM
Yoshi__Aran posted...

inferior opinion

mainstream modern casual gamer

Oh my god xD
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#47Xenesis XenonPosted 5/5/2013 6:50:43 PM
Yoshi__Aran posted...
Linearity is a bad thing for all games. I guess it is fine to a degree in 2D games but linearity is definitely not okay in 3D games.

Nah, it really isn't.

A well focused, well crafted linear experience can be just as satisfying to play as a sprawling nonlinear world that you can get lost in.

They're just different. Linear is not a dirty word.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#48SigmaHacielPosted 5/5/2013 6:55:27 PM
Galaxy already got beat by Galaxy 2.

We will soon be due a Galaxy 3 or something of equivalent value, based on the time between the two.
---
Provoking other users to respond inappropriately = Troll
Even the most positive remark can provoke inappropriate responses. Thus, we ALL troll.
#49Yoshi__AranPosted 5/5/2013 6:57:37 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
Yoshi__Aran posted...

Nah, it really isn't.

A well focused, well crafted linear experience can be just as satisfying to play as a sprawling nonlinear world that you can get lost in.

They're just different. Linear is not a dirty word.

Uncharted
FFXIII
Skyward Sword
God of War

All prove you wrong. I want gameplay and exploration instead of interactive movies. If I wanted story I would read a book.

Also I want to go where I want to go and explore instead of being FORCED to go a certain way and do some crummy scripted event QTE cinematic garbage.
---
You might want to get thicker skin if you are unable to handle the opinions of others.
#50DTY3Posted 5/5/2013 7:04:33 PM
Yoshi__Aran posted...
DTY3 posted...
64 is just a bunch of levels, with each requiring you to replay them seven or so times.

Also you seem to be under the impression that linearity is a bad thing for platformers.

Poor thing. So misinformed.

You don't replay the same levels in galaxy over and over?

You want to fool yourself with your inferior opinion, then by all means, go ahead. Just be aware that you are only lying to yourself since I see through your lies like a freshly cleaned pane of glass.

So, you are a mainstream modern casual gamer and possibly suffering from 'reverse-nostalgia', I get it.

1. Um Galaxy doesnt make you replay levels six times and each mission generally has a different layout. Variety ftw.

2. "Linearity is a bad thing for all games"

Who taught you that bull? Rockstar?

"Inferior opinion? Mainstream modern casual gamer?" Woah look out there, champ. Gettin a bit too edgy there!

And reverse nostalgia? You can't make up terms to strengthen your argument. It doesn't work that way.
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.