How would you rate Nintendo on the job they've done with Wii U so far?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 5/5/2013 7:33:47 PM
How would you rate Nintendo on the job they've done with Wii U so far? - Results (180 votes)
2.78% (5 votes)
0.56% (1 votes)
5% (9 votes)
15% (27 votes)
13.89% (25 votes)
11.67% (21 votes)
12.22% (22 votes)
13.33% (24 votes)
5.56% (10 votes)
20% (36 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Topic.
#2deadANDrottedPosted 5/5/2013 7:37:35 PM

Lots of potential but not enough effort. Can be great if worked harder.
#3usaamahlinkPosted 5/5/2013 7:44:08 PM
I think its foolish to judge what theyve done so far. That said I dont think they did a very good job with the months after the launch to maintain momentum. It might have been avoidable, but only with good planning from years before, which obviously wasnt the case. Now the console will and should be judged by the push Nintendo will make from E3 until the end of 2013. Obviously we will still have a number of high quality titles released in 2014, but 2013 is when the Wii U will start to build SOME momentum. IF it doesnt gain momentum then, then we can say Nintendo is not doing enough. I hope their marketing for the Wii U from E3 onwards is superb. Because they will need it.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#4TalentedMPosted 5/5/2013 7:45:00 PM
Straight 7
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#5mattmckinessPosted 5/6/2013 3:28:47 AM
5 not bad job but not a good job either. However I know nintendo and that 5 score is going to jump to 10 by this time next year just needed some more time that's all.
---
onelastkiss24
#6fuzi11Posted 5/6/2013 5:43:43 AM
I voted 10 for the console. I use it everyday as my living room multimedia device. So I am quite happy with it. I probably used it more than my Wii in total in the first 7 month of owning it

Their job on marketing on the other hand is a strict 3. 1 would be completely ignoring it. But barely anyone who is not into gaming (or my friends and family who I annoy them with all the time) now that this is a new console. It's just not very clear.

Specswise I don't really mind, that it is on par (or better or worse) than xbox and PS3. The games look fine right now. It's not unviewable like Gamecube or obvious out of date like Wii. The games look fine to me, so I don't really mind the oh so last gen graphics.

All above is of course IMO . I can understand people who want the newest of the newest of the best all the time, but I am just not like that. Also what do you expect for 350$ ?
#7DeathSnipe777Posted 5/6/2013 5:56:17 AM
Sounds like a 7.
---
3DS FC: 3609-1047-7032
Steam / PSN / NNID: Marlouchu
#8Sailor GoonPosted 5/6/2013 5:59:52 AM

The level of effort with this system is on par with 3D0. No marketing, absolutely zero first party games in a fricken half a year. Third parties passing over the system left to right, abysmal sales, Nintendo doing absolutely nothing to correct it other than "we're sorry". Overpriced hardware, next to nil online. The list goes on and on.
---
"A laptop is a handheld console" - LOL_FAQ
XBL: DanGogh78, PSN: DanGogh, NID: DanGogh
#9Rasputin77Posted 5/6/2013 6:05:28 AM
All 4s and 3s and 7s can be counted - I deem them valid opinions.
Nobody who voted 1 can be counted - they are all obviously just trying to get me to wet my Mario pajamas.
Nobody who voted 10 can be counted - they are all obviously blinded by Nintendo fanboyism.
I am an angsty little man with competency issues, and there's a 50% chance, according to the PotD, that I live with my parents.
This behavior is a direct result of my coddled upbringing.

... Did I do it right? ;) Anyway, the technology is a decent 7, but the rollout marketing, launch lineup, and momentum make it a big, fat 4. A dopey-looking, apologetic 4.
---
Wii U board logic: Posting anything that isn't praise = trolling. Defending that action = running to their rescue.
You can't make this s*** up. XD
#10dennis941012Posted 5/6/2013 6:15:06 AM

The level of effort with this system is on par with 3D0. No marketing, absolutely zero first party games in a fricken half a year. Third parties passing over the system left to right, abysmal sales, Nintendo doing absolutely nothing to correct it other than "we're sorry". Overpriced hardware, next to nil online. The list goes on and on.

So why buy it at launch?
@ Absolutely zero first party games in a fricken half a year
NSMB :X
@ Third parties passing over the system left to right
Majority of the "skipped" games were in development for months and even years and unlike activision and ubisoft most of the devs don't have resource to work on another console. Not to mention with existing 70+million users on PS3/360 why would devs go long way and lose profit?
@ Overpriced hardware
Tablet controller if you want another generic console buy PS4 not to mention all consoles are overpriced build yourself a PC if you want a good value.
@ next to nil online
Having 0 issues with CoD, and MH and mii verse is fantastic

1) Eshop price
after using steam and itune/google play games are over priced they need to go on sale more often
2) pain in the ass wii transfer took too long
3) lack of game release dates WHEN THE HELL IS SMT x FE COMING Out GAHHHHH
4) No guide on how to use WII U for devs. It is confirmed that Wii U is custom built and nintendo claims that it is not inferior to PS4 in terms of capablity yet they haven't released anything to prove it.

7/10 C-
---
http://i.imgur.com/4xLYyGc.gif