When will SM64 be available on VC? Any chance of SM64HD remake/remaster?

#1Yoshi__AranPosted 5/5/2013 7:45:14 PM
I want to transfer it from the Wii to the U so I can play it on the gamepad! Has it been hinted at for VC release? Anytime soon? I don't get why it takes them so long to code games for the gamepad. So, it's not universal for like all snes or 64 games? I don't get why doing it for one game is so time consuming and different than another game for the same platform.

Anyhow I want SM64HD or at least the original playable on the gamepad!
---
You might want to get thicker skin if you are unable to handle the opinions of others.
#2Xenesis XenonPosted 5/5/2013 7:46:58 PM
My guess is that Super Mario 64 will herald the release of the N64 VC games on the Wii U.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#3TannerCKGPosted 5/5/2013 8:01:22 PM
I got it free on my Wii U last month. Just switch to Wii mode and play it in GLORIOUS WIDESCREEN
---
"Times are gone for honest men and sometimes far too long for snakes"
#4Xenesis XenonPosted 5/5/2013 8:03:26 PM
TannerCKG posted...
GLORIOUS WIDESCREEN

Super Mario 64: Mario Got Fat edition.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#5RioichiCooperPosted 5/5/2013 8:04:23 PM
Xenesis Xenon posted...
TannerCKG posted...
GLORIOUS WIDESCREEN

Super Mario 64: Mario Got Fat edition.

Isn't Mario kind of pudgy to begin with?
---
All attempts at duplicating it have ended in disaster: four test subjects were horribly broken and twisted when they engaged our Morph Ball prototypes.
#6picanoPosted 5/5/2013 8:05:06 PM
While it is possible to code emulators to be 'compatible' with most releases, it doesn't always produce the best results. Instead of plugins which can be swapped (as with PC based emulators), Nintendo releases customized emulators bundled into a package with the ROM itself. (For instance, the invisibility in Mario 64 --- on many emulators --- doesn't look like the original game. And stuff like Bomerman 64 was outright unplayable without annoying workarounds until a plugin update from the past couple years)

That said, I believe they still should be able to release faster than they are now. Even if the files are 'packaged' together, the code is *hopefully* modular enough that they don't recode the entire emulator each time.
---
Shadow Kirby 3: www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNj-HmieoMk&fmt=22 Watch!
http://picanogfx.unotaku.com 3D Art and Catgirls!
#7Faceman_Posted 5/5/2013 8:30:48 PM
Hmm... I enjoyed Mario 64 on the DS, but hated having to switch between characters to do specific things like turn metal... I don't think a remake would be necessary. I would love a sequel though. Let me run through Bowser's fortress in HD and 3D!