Samus is super hot, yet she isn't really shown in the Metroid Prime games...

#11Soanevalcke6Posted 5/7/2013 1:29:49 PM
Lordrv posted...
TheBigHairyDude posted...
themoth2112 posted...
BeanBeanKingdom posted...
That's the reason behind Samus's entire character.

Until Other M.

That game makes Metroid Fusion look like God's gift to man. (granted it already was a fantastic game)

Nice White Knighting. Hatin' Other M cause feminazis and Western 'games journalists' don't like it is cool yo!

Yes, Only Feminazis hate Terrible Gameplay and lack of exploration. I have been enlightened.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#12DoomsSDPosted 5/7/2013 1:35:48 PM
Not played Other M, but Samus always reminded me of a female Link.

Does she even talk in the other games? Never thought about it until now.

She just gets on with it.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#13AsuirPosted 5/7/2013 2:01:54 PM
Who cares if a girl has big boobs or not?

Isn't the gameplay more important? The main character could have boobs that touch the ******* floor or no boobs at all. Honestly, grow up.
---
Ftw!
#14SuperPunx64Posted 5/7/2013 2:17:23 PM
DoomsSD posted...
Not played Other M, but Samus always reminded me of a female Link.

Does she even talk in the other games? Never thought about it until now.

She just gets on with it.

She only really talks in Other M, Metroid Fusion and the start of Super Metroid.
---
THE EARTH WAS STOLEN!.
3DS: 1418-6790-0913 (Reg)
#15Ghost-inZeShellPosted 5/7/2013 2:52:09 PM
Lordrv posted...
themoth2112 posted...

Until Other M.

That game makes Metroid Fusion look like God's gift to man. (granted it already was a fantastic game)

Nice White Knighting. Hatin' Other M cause feminazis and Western 'games journalists' don't like it is cool yo!

Why does Samus have high-heeled shoes during a combat mission?
Isn't that parallel to medieval games where the armor that has the best stats, is a metal bikini?

Why does she whine and drone every line? (because she sounds like a bratty 14-year-old girl)
Why does she not wear thermo gear? (because daddy didn't specifically tell her to)
Why does she go into a nervous break-down when she see the space-dragons she has already killed half-a-dozen times before?
Why does she have to be rescued by a bunch of manly space-marines?
Why is she useless the whole game? MB is frozen by the other MB, and kill by other space-marines. Ridley was killed by the Omega Metroid. The freeze-proof Metroids were killed by the Mr. Hero. The "Deleter" was never found (by Samus).
Why was Samus just 'there'? Running around, shooting mindless clones monsters that didn't matter in the end.

No exploration. No 'epic' bosses.
HOW IS THIS A METROID GAME?!

Feminist or not, Samus was weak in this game. Useless even.
It wasn't even 'ok' as a Metroid game.

I'm glad they didn't pull that **** in the Primes.
#16cavebear56Posted 5/7/2013 3:03:07 PM
Ghost-inZeShell posted...
Lordrv posted...
themoth2112 posted...

Until Other M.

Why does Samus have high-heeled shoes during a combat mission?
Isn't that parallel to medieval games where the armor that has the best stats, is a metal bikini?

Why does she whine and drone every line? (because she sounds like a bratty 14-year-old girl)
Why does she not wear thermo gear? (because daddy didn't specifically tell her to)
Why does she go into a nervous break-down when she see the space-dragons she has already killed half-a-dozen times before?
Why does she have to be rescued by a bunch of manly space-marines?
Why is she useless the whole game? MB is frozen by the other MB, and kill by other space-marines. Ridley was killed by the Omega Metroid. The freeze-proof Metroids were killed by the Mr. Hero. The "Deleter" was never found (by Samus).
Why was Samus just 'there'? Running around, shooting mindless clones monsters that didn't matter in the end.

No exploration. No 'epic' bosses.
HOW IS THIS A METROID GAME?!

Feminist or not, Samus was weak in this game. Useless even.
It wasn't even 'ok' as a Metroid game.

I'm glad they didn't pull that **** in the Primes.

Still need to try that game due to how polarizing it is.

That said still, exposure to life threatening situations multiple times doesn't make one more hardened (emotionally, everybody has a breaking point...except Batman) to the next instance of life threatening situations (realistically speaking and based on real life experience).

Nothing wrong with manly Marines (space or not).

Lastly, I do agree mostly with the practicality of it all (despite not liking feminists, they abused the movement way too much, or white knights). From the sound of it is mostly just horrible writing being used to restrict options until the game wants you to have them (which is something games don't need more of).

http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

That video sums up mostly why women in games are portrayed in certain attire (as obvious as it is, it does it in a funny way. Stay till the very end).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#17AceMosPosted 5/7/2013 3:21:02 PM
^^^

the woman your talkign abotu are feminazi real feminists hate them for what they do just the media focuses on them (do to the fact extreamists storys sell better than a simple story of a woman who removes a offensive dress code)

but back to metroid

this ant just any female video game char samus is THE female video game char the first female protaganist

and you dont see chars like mario link solid snake dante ect havign a cripinlign break down thats not explained and does not fit past characterization

in past metroid games her gender was a little treat at the end of the game (and in super metroid she shot the player afterwards)

but at the end of the day metroid does have deeper story than most ppl think

and samus in past games did give brief story bits super emtroid she explains metorid 1 and 2 in a recap

fusion she tells us how she has allways hated takign orders )plot hole in other m)

the prime games and her actions of styaing to help races with no beifit to her and that put her in life threating postions shows her kind heart
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#18Ghost-inZeShellPosted 5/8/2013 3:34:32 AM
cavebear56 posted...

Still need to try that game due to how polarizing it is.

That said still, exposure to life threatening situations multiple times doesn't make one more hardened to the next instance of life threatening situations.
Unless they're a man.
Never saw any of Nintendo's other protags going PTSD.
Mario? Link? Fox? (not even Kirby)

cavebear56 posted...
Nothing wrong with manly Marines (space or not).

There is a problem when your protag has to be rescued by them for being so girly.
Except for that one time that Mario was evac'd while SWAT took down Browser.

cavebear56 posted...
Lastly, I do agree mostly with the practicality of it all. From the sound of it is mostly just horrible writing being used to restrict options until the game wants you to have them (which is something games don't need more of).

It was.
Supposedly, Yoshio Sakamoto wrote it (he's the creator of Metroid) but there's a lot of lore-violation from previous games (especially Fusion) and plot-holes that make it seem as though their was a "ghost-writer" and Sakamoto was just plain lazy.

The game was actually made by Team Ninja (not Nintendo).
Exploration and horrible story-telling aside, some of the bosses were alright (Nightmare was pretty good).
The new (2D/3D) mechanic that they used was clunky, but could be refined in future games.

As a video game it was alright, but as a Metroid game, it was the worst of the series.

cavebear56 posted...
...(despite not liking feminists, they abused the movement way too much, or white knights)....

There are a lot of different feminists groups out there. (different people want different things, can't agree with everyone)
The only "movement" if for equality, which I whole-heartedly support.

cavebear56 posted...
http://youtu.be/OTGh0EMmMC8

That video sums up mostly why women in games are portrayed in certain attire (as obvious as it is, it does it in a funny way. Stay till the very end).

Yes, sexism, we get it. Nice video.
#19kayoticdreamzPosted 5/8/2013 4:04:29 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Lordrv posted...
themoth2112 posted...

Until Other M.

Yes, Only Feminazis hate Terrible Gameplay and lack of exploration. I have been enlightened.

well i know I have been enlightened thats for sure.
#20wiiking96Posted 5/8/2013 4:47:14 PM
Samus was portrayed very well in the Prime games in general. She had an intimidating presence that made her feel awesome to play as. She showed subtle emotions and she had common sense.
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Fawful, Bowser, and Dimentio all for their own games!