UPDATED POLL: 3rd party developers abandoning Wii U, who do you blame?

#31squatch22Posted 5/7/2013 3:44:30 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
squatch22 posted...
zerooo0 posted...
squatch22 Posted....
If Wii U version hadnt turned up over 6 months after...

So you're telling me you would rather for them to rush the game out and potentially knowing EA/Criterion to release a cruddy port that could have happened.

Some fancy logic you have there pal.....

No, didnt say that.
Most of those that had any intention of getting the game would have got it already on PS3/360.
They shouldnt blame the customers for not buying the game again.

Do you think it would've sold substantially more on Wii U if it released simultaneously? I think the vast, vast majority of sales would still have gone to the PS3 and 360 versions.

Yep.
But it would have sold more than did it by being released later...
---
Doggy:100 is not 1/3 of 300
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#32SonikkuJPosted 5/7/2013 4:16:24 AM(edited)
Nintendo. The generation-behind hardware trick wasn't going to work a second time, because the Wii had an extremely unique interface that played on people's curiosity, so unique in fact that it even brought in a lot of people that didn't normally give a care in the world about video games.

Meshing a low-grade tablet (single touch is honestly going to confuse some people with how many multitouch devices exist and are in everyday use by people) and a basic game controller together is not nearly as appealing and putting it behind decade-old primary-console tech is not nearly as exciting. Most of the software was available for a long time on other platforms and the gamepad does very little to reinvigorate those titles.

Still, I like my WiiU, and think there's potential there beyond just Nintendo first-party games (the only real reason I got mine, plus Monster Hunter 3U and Bayonetta 2 exclusivity), but I don't exactly think it's the consumer's fault that they're not too excited.
#33icarus231Posted 5/7/2013 4:32:55 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
icarus231 posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
NE_PatriotsFan posted...
Just read the comments on this board regarding nintendo fans, they ALL say how they only care for nintendo games and they call all the 3rd party games garbage. They called bioshock infinite garbage...ugh, sickening

Don't take them too seriously. If Bioshock Infinite came to Wii U, everybody here would be praising it to the heavens. Then when nobody bought it, Nintendrones would blame 2K for a "rushed port".

Poor little pony. Only time people call it a rushed port is well you know, when it is a rushed port. NFS:MW shows what happens when they dont rush a port and do it properly. But keep living in your little troll hole hoping for sony to one day be great again.

http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=Need+for+speed%3A+most+wanted+-+a+criterion+game&publisher=&platform=&genre=&minSales=0&results=200

And after seeing how badly the Wii U version bombed, now I know why Madden and Fifa are skipping Wii U.

Sales dont dictate if the game was good when it was already released prior on mutliple systems. Like i said the wii u had the best console version
#34icarus231Posted 5/7/2013 4:35:08 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Activision releases Cod late, doesnt bother to release DLC.
Yeah, lets blame that on Nintendo.
Logic/Fail

The Wii U came out less than a week after Blops 2. You're beyond reasoning if you seriously think that small window is why the game sold like 20k copies on Wii U. Why bother with dlc support for a platform no one is buying it on? I know blindly defending Nintendo is your thing, but try not to completely throw common sense to the wind.

Yes came out 2 weeks late on a system with no install base. Thats why it only sold 20k copies.
#35Chocobo115Posted 5/7/2013 5:03:03 AM
Nintendo & The Fans equally.
#36WhiteSword7Posted 5/7/2013 5:23:18 AM(edited)
Ninja gaiden 3 razor edge wiiu sold really really poorly.. and they have to re-release it on xbox and ps3..
Nintendrone sure hates 3rd party dev
---
Persona 4 Golden is the best JRPG in the history of mankind!
PSN: Derrysan360-US
#37squatch22Posted 5/7/2013 5:17:40 AM
WhiteSword7 posted...
Ninja gaiden 3

Had already been released months earlier too...
---
Doggy:100 is not 1/3 of 300
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#38crimsonclaw111Posted 5/7/2013 7:13:27 AM
WhiteSword7 posted...
Ninja gaiden 3

Had already been released months earlier too...

Not to mention it was a ****ty game, that definitely didn't help its chances.
---
XBL GT: roboitoam
3DS FC: 2981 - 5506 - 6390
#39DarkAdonis123Posted 5/7/2013 11:00:48 AM(edited)
icarus231 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Logic/Fail

The Wii U came out less than a week after Blops 2. You're beyond reasoning if you seriously think that small window is why the game sold like 20k copies on Wii U. Why bother with dlc support for a platform no one is buying it on? I know blindly defending Nintendo is your thing, but try not to completely throw common sense to the wind.

Yes came out 2 weeks late on a system with no install base. Thats why it only sold 20k copies.

Saying the Wii U didn't have an install base is far more reasonable than blaming Activision.

Edit: According to the info here, Blops 2 came out November 13, 2012.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

And for Wii U at launch, which was November 18, 2012.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683297-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

So like I said, it was less than a week.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#40thundercat2600(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 7:16:07 AM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
icarus231 posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Logic/Fail

Saying the Wii U didn't have an install base is far more reasonable than blaming Activision.

Edit: According to the info here, Blops 2 came out November 13, 2012.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/669289-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

And for Wii U at launch, which was November 18, 2012.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/wii-u/683297-call-of-duty-black-ops-ii

So like I said, it was less than a week.

Yup plus it looked DRAMATICALLY BETTER on Wii U, according to Reggie.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink