Nintendo want to port IOS games to wii u, Eurogamer article.

#31WickedSickJoshPosted 5/6/2013 3:49:59 PM
gldoorii posted...
..omg..people..no one is going to go buy a Wii U to play iOS ports.. It's just ANOTHER thing the console will be able to do. It's not supposed to be a system selling feature.. good lord. And personally, there are TONS of great iOS games that would work well, though, the lack of multi-touch does make that number smaller.

This. What's wrong with more games? If they could keep the price the same this could be really awesome.

There's plenty of fun iOS games out there. Sure, there's a lot of bad ones, but it's not like any of the consoles don't have their share of digital shovelware. "Gamers" just like to roll their eyes at iOS games because they're not on a "real gaming platform". Those people are just very close-minded.
---
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS), WWE '13 (360), Simpsons: Tapped Out (iOS)
"You can't sedate all the things you hate"
#32chuchumyrocketPosted 5/6/2013 3:51:47 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Jackal posted...
I love this. Suddenly the talk about why would someone buy an Ouya just to play cellphone games on their TV when they can play them on their cellphones goes out the window now?

Except the appeal is playing on your Gamepad. Not playing playing on the TV like Ouya. Not to mention that's the whole deal with Ouya. Wii U has a lot more going on. The situation is not really comparable honestly.

This board is just flat out delusional most of the time.
---
PSN: chuchumyrocket Steam: chuchumyrocket
"Perhaps it is 30 fps, but it's the fastest 30 fps I've seen."
#33JackalPosted 5/6/2013 4:00:10 PM
A lot of hypocrisy. They use to say "why would anyone pay $99 for an Ouya to play cellphone games on a TV? I have a smartphone to do that!" Now it's okay to buy a $300+ system to play them because they would be on the gamepad? Why don't they just do what people said they should do before. Play them on the cellphones.

It can't hurt and can be something nice if it happens but I love how things are condemned until Nintendo does them. Wait until they start doing cloud based gaming! It'll be a great option!
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak, Ouya: Zeek_Bronz
#34MilesTeg420Posted 5/6/2013 4:02:32 PM
Ugh.
#35tuznecotePosted 5/6/2013 4:03:03 PM
Thats cool. I wouldn't mind grabbing a few of them. As long as the majority are ******* runners and have some rip off advertisements for rings and extra lives pasted all over the screen making restarting a session take about 5hours... sorry Sonic dash sprung to mind.
#36cavebear56Posted 5/6/2013 4:18:22 PM
Jackal posted...
A lot of hypocrisy. They use to say "why would anyone pay $99 for an Ouya to play cellphone games on a TV? I have a smartphone to do that!" Now it's okay to buy a $300+ system to play them because they would be on the gamepad? Why don't they just do what people said they should do before. Play them on the cellphones.

It can't hurt and can be something nice if it happens but I love how things are condemned until Nintendo does them. Wait until they start doing cloud based gaming! It'll be a great option!

Thank you for that perfect example of

1.) Someone crying over absolutely nothing

2.) Being the poster child of the fourth word you used.

3.) Proving (with you as the example, to help you understand the rest of this statement) why fanboyism is such a nauseatingly disgusting yet hilarious condition.

The Ouya was (still is) laughable long before this, I have no desire to play any of those games but unlike you I lack the over obsessive attachment to a company ( which you seem to have), so I see it as a good thing because it provides options.

Not options I would use but possibly options others would.

TL;DR

It would be a great thing for consumers, but not for the trolls on this board (see above).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.