Reggie and Miyamoto to host Pre-E3 Event

#21Mavrick588Posted 5/6/2013 6:24:40 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
mike_411 posted...
Makes you wonder why they didn't just have the conference. Why are they being so secretive?

Nintendo's always secretive.

People always steal there ideas :/
---
"Video-games are bad for you? That's what they said about Rock 'N' Roll"- Shigeru Miyamoto
#22mercurythewhitePosted 5/6/2013 6:29:27 PM
Enigma149 posted...
mercurythewhite posted...
Enigma149 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Article back up. This part is new:

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

This is to minimize the press slaughter that would normally follow when sony is introducing their new console and nintendo has a bunch of casual mario/pikmin/zelda stuff to show. It's men and against boys and Nintendo knows they'd look like fools holding an all out conference against Sony this year.

You lost all credibility you ever had with this post, I'm afraid.

Please try again with a different account.

Oh how so?

mario, pikmin, zelda have not been casual? Please point out to me the deep gameplay from the last of these releases in the series.

You're the one who called them casual. Please explain to me - in as many details as possible - how Mario, Pikmin, and Zelda are all casual titles.

Hmm, seems then my 'credibility' hasn't been lost afterall. Can't wait to be blown away by this pre-press conference Nintendo wants no one to know about until after the fact. Must be too deep for me. Let me collect some coins and move to world 8.
---
White Light, White Heat.
#23GamerguymassPosted 5/6/2013 6:49:40 PM
Enigma149 posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Article back up. This part is new:

Nintendo will be holding the presentation on Tuesday morning, before the floor will be open up for all. After the presentation is concluded, the press members will be able to try the new software before everybody else. It is unsure at the time of writing if the presentation will be viewable for the public as well.

This is to minimize the press slaughter that would normally follow when sony is introducing their new console and nintendo has a bunch of casual mario/pikmin/zelda stuff to show. It's men and against boys and Nintendo knows they'd look like fools holding an all out conference against Sony this year.

You lost all credibility you ever had with this post, I'm afraid.

Please try again with a different account.

Oh how so?

mario, pikmin, zelda have not been casual? Please point out to me the deep gameplay from the last of these releases in the series.

How are Mario, Pikmin, and Zelda casual? Let me guess though, you think Call of Duty and Madden have deep in-depth gameplay?
#24Enigma149Posted 5/6/2013 7:10:24 PM
Hmm, seems then my 'credibility' hasn't been lost afterall. Can't wait to be blown away by this pre-press conference Nintendo wants no one to know about until after the fact. Must be too deep for me. Let me collect some coins and move to world 8.

Allow me to explain:

If you make an argument, without anything to back it up, that argument is not credible. The same goes for arguments that are easily countered or disproven.

For example, if I were to say, "The sky is purple!", and not provide any arguments, or provide only easily disprovable arguments, I have lost credibility.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#25mike_411Posted 5/6/2013 7:18:28 PM
Mavrick588 posted...
mike_411 posted...
Makes you wonder why they didn't just have the conference. Why are they being so secretive?

lol I doubt that's the reason but ok.
---
Hardcore Naoto fan.
134 people on Gamefaqs Vita board have purchased SS day one apparently. O.o
#26Vana diel heroPosted 5/6/2013 7:47:05 PM
Dr_Facer posted...
Rival_Blue_1999 posted...
Will this get people to STFU about no big press conference?

No.

And it makes me wonder why to do it before E3. Once E3 starts everyone will forget about this announcement so it is strange that they chose to do this.

Not very bright are you? You do realize that none of the conferences are DURING E3, right? Actually, none of the big 3s usual conference are elsewhere in LA, they're not even at the conference center.

What Nintendo is doing there is much more closer to doing a conference at E3 than any of the other conferences, since they'll be doing it inside their booth, prior to opening the big doors to most of the E3 public.

I agree with the idea that something is lost with there being no big show (and I would know, I was at the Sony press conference in 2010 and it was pretty cool being there), but the information will go through as much as it would have if it was through a traditional conference.

At the very least Destructoid is going to liveblog it. http://www.destructoid.com/miyamoto-reggie-hosting-e3-showcase-at-nintendo-booth-253209.phtml

And if they are, others will.

Also, E3 starts on Tuesdays, which is the day Nintendo is holding their conference. Guess on what day Sony is holding theirs? Monday, the day prior, and so will Microsoft. That's right, Sony and Microsoft are having their conferences BEFORE E3 as well.
#27CrystalKing5426Posted 5/6/2013 8:18:04 PM
Mavrick588 posted...
mike_411 posted...

http://www.jeuxvideomagazine.com/var/media/1/4/8/7/original/acfc24bfe3-kkk26992.jpg
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board