So, PS3 or Wii U?

#1IzzyRXPosted 5/6/2013 6:39:54 PM
I have some cash on me and I want to buy a home console(just own a 3DS).
I kinda skipped that generation,never touched the AAA ps3 and Wii games.
PS3 is old, but got an amazing library(I really want Ni No Kuni ), Wii U is a bet, but I'm betting on Nintendo(plus, I can play the Wii games there).
Help me!
(Please don't troll, I just gotta, like, 10 hours to decide)
#2SS4_NamreppivPosted 5/6/2013 6:42:03 PM
Wii U will be the better investment.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#3IzzyRX(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2013 6:45:34 PM
I'm afraid that Wii U could...you know...fail.
#4Reflex-ArcPosted 5/6/2013 6:47:49 PM
I love my Wii U. It's probably my favorite electronics purchase in years. That being said, I simply cannot recommend it, right now, over a PS3 if it's going to be your only home console. The PS3 is simply the better value with its feature set and huge library of top notch games.
---
Edifica adversario tuo aureum pons ad receptum trans
#5oshawott4everPosted 5/6/2013 6:48:38 PM
PS3 is a solid choice.
#6Baha05Posted 5/6/2013 6:50:17 PM
PS3 for now or wait until E3
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#7Numbuh100Posted 5/6/2013 6:51:20 PM
Wii U and get Xenoblade Chronicles. Your move.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#8AstralFrostPosted 5/6/2013 7:00:02 PM
PS3 is much better value and anyone that says otherwise is trolling or works for Nintendo. PS3 has a huge library, is still selling well and is getting plenty of support. Wii U has barely any games (most are PS3 ports anyway), is selling poorly and is losing support by the day.

No contest, PS3 wins by a landslide.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#9VernnonPosted 5/6/2013 7:00:21 PM
IzzyRX posted...
I'm afraid that Wii U could...you know...fail.

If that's the case then go Ps3, I don't think gamefaqs is the place for.. ya know information anymore... specially on the Wii U board. You're better off making that decision on your own.
#10Noke0Posted 5/6/2013 7:00:58 PM
This honestly shouldn't even be asked.

Ps3 and Wii U are not even remotely the same systems. Find your OWN pros and cons on why each system would or wouldn't benefit you.

Do you enjoy a lot of Sony games or do you enjoy the video games Nintendo introduces? How about some of the exclusive things both systems have to offer?
You don't have to pay for online play for either system? Honestly, we should be asking you. Do you want the PS3 or the Wii U.

It's a dumb question frankly.
---
Nintendo ID - oBluEx ; GT: oBluEx
Currently Playing: Many PC, PS 1-2, Xbox, Nintendo and various handheld games.