According to DICE, Frostbite 2 ran on WIi U like sxxx

#41sunK1DPosted 5/7/2013 12:24:59 AM
Lefty128k posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...
Should have went with a normal game pad, better internals, and an internal HDD.

And be as dull as the other next-gen systems when PC trumps them all before they release? No thanks.

Dull?
How would it be dull if the games are great?

LOL, at you stating the obvious about PC as if it were relevant to anything I said.

It's the classic PC fallacy.
#42sunK1DPosted 5/7/2013 12:27:40 AM
nbean16 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...

And be as dull as the other next-gen systems when PC trumps them all before they release? No thanks.

Dull?

LOL, at you stating the obvious about PC as if it were relevant to anything I said.

No you're right. We would all be better off if we just had 3 identical consoles. Then hopefully all games can go multiplat. Then we won't have to make such hard choices. Nintendo can make a white console. Microsoft a grey one. And sony a black one. Then when you go buy one you just have to pick a color. Cant wait. A lot of times I look at my 360 and ps3 and I think "why can't I just get another one of these? 2 identical consoles just isn't enough!"

Another fallacy.

Suggesting the tab alone is what makes Nintendo different.
#43Lefty128kPosted 5/7/2013 12:28:27 AM
nbean16 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Dull?

No you're right. We would all be better off if we just had 3 identical consoles. Then hopefully all games can go multiplat. Then we won't have to make such hard choices. Nintendo can make a white console. Microsoft a grey one. And sony a black one. Then when you go buy one you just have to pick a color. Cant wait. A lot of times I look at my 360 and ps3 and I think "why can't I just get another one of these? 2 identical consoles just isn't enough!"

Exclusive games exist.
#44Lefty128kPosted 5/7/2013 12:30:22 AM
sunK1D posted...
nbean16 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Dull?

Another fallacy.

PS3 was doing substantially the same thing with the Vita, before Wii U was launched.
#45TalentedMPosted 5/7/2013 12:30:43 AM
nbean16 posted...

http://goo.gl/kSsqH

BOOOOOOOOM!
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#46nbean16Posted 5/7/2013 12:39:14 AM
Lefty128k posted...
sunK1D posted...
nbean16 posted...

DiscostewSM posted...
Lefty128k posted...

Another fallacy.

PS3 was doing substantially the same thing with the Vita, before Wii U was launched.

HAHAHAHA

That's like saying the gamecube online functionality was basically doing what xbox 360 is doing now with online.
#47Lefty128kPosted 5/7/2013 12:50:44 AM
nbean16 posted...
HAHAHAHA

That's like saying the gamecube online functionality was basically doing what xbox 360 is doing now with online.

PS3 and Wii U are nearly at parity.
Vita beats the living daylights out of the Wii U tablet.

Only a naive person would believe that PS3 and Vita couldn't do everything Wii U and it's tablet can do with the right software.

PS4 will do even better with the Vita.
#48nbean16Posted 5/7/2013 1:32:12 AM
Lefty128k posted...
nbean16 posted...
HAHAHAHA

Only a naive person would believe that PS3 and Vita couldn't do everything Wii U and it's tablet can do with the right software.

Yeah its pretty clear you've never used a wiiu. I knew you were delusional, but damn. What you're saying is laughable, are you related to demondog666? I have a ps3 and I've had friends bring over their vita. Comparing what it does to the wiiu is not even debatable.

Let me give you an example: me and a buddy can play cod online where one of us uses the tv and the other the pad screen. We don't even have to switch cause neither really gives an advantage. Assuming the vita could duplicate this functionality, which it won't, one player would be at a huge disadvantage trying to use that thing as a controller. Those crappy analogue sticks alone would never hold up to a standard controller.

This is just one example.
#49Lefty128kPosted 5/7/2013 2:12:01 AM
nbean16 posted...
Lefty128k posted...
nbean16 posted...
HAHAHAHA

Yeah its pretty clear you've never used a wiiu. I knew you were delusional, but damn. What you're saying is laughable, are you related to demondog666? I have a ps3 and I've had friends bring over their vita. Comparing what it does to the wiiu is not even debatable.

Let me give you an example: me and a buddy can play cod online where one of us uses the tv and the other the pad screen. We don't even have to switch cause neither really gives an advantage. Assuming the vita could duplicate this functionality, which it won't, one player would be at a huge disadvantage trying to use that thing as a controller. Those crappy analogue sticks alone would never hold up to a standard controller.

This is just one example.

lol

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item590762/Cross-platform-features-on-PS-Vita-explained/

Also, Vita sticks are excellent and there isn't any widespread reports of them not being able to handle hard gaming.
#50melbye80Posted 5/7/2013 4:23:50 AM
Schwepps01 posted...
deadANDrotted posted...
It just makes me wonder if they spent much time on it. Was it dumping the game onto the Wii U without optimizing it or actually trying? Does DICE even have anything else in the works that they have tried on it?

I'm not a huge fan of them but I have had some fun with their games. It's just to hard to tell how much they tinkered with the hardware or software to draw judgment.

No of course not. All developers are lazy bastards who secretly hate the Wii U.

Only EA, and there is no secret why