C/D If Metroid Other M had been a new IP with different characters...

#21Soanevalcke6Posted 5/7/2013 5:18:55 AM
trenken posted...

Bayonetta

pretty forgettable action game

All my what.
---
Official Dark Samus of the SSB4 board
SSB4 Roster: http://i.imgur.com/1G9WLfK.png PSN/NNID/Steam: Soanevalcke6
#22Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/7/2013 5:29:59 AM
Yes! Another Other M topic! I think its a rule that every Nintendo console board have at least 2-3 of these a week. I can't wait for the same six people to argue the same 6 things in a circle again.

Ill leave my obligatory "I enjoyed Other M" post. No, I'm not interested in arguing why again, its foolish that I should have to justify why I enjoyed a video game to the people of Gamefaqs every week.

Other M haters: let it go. Let the people enjoy what they enjoy and stop obsessing with the extreme hatred

Other M fans: stop arguing, they won't listen. Just enjoy Other M for what it is, they can't take the game away from you.

On topic- Since Other M was my first Metroid game (I have since played Zero Mission and Fusion, I don't like the Primes) and all of the elements, setting, and characters (other than Samus and Ridley) were new to me, if it had been an entirely new IP it wouldve been pretty much the same and I wouldve enjoyed it the same (although I do love Ridley so maybe a bit less). Although, I doubt I wouldve even gotten the game if it didn't have the Metroid name on it. Some random sci-fi action game by Team Ninja would never have gotten my attention.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#23LatchKeyKidPosted 5/7/2013 6:21:02 AM
I recently played it for the first time and while it is nowhere near as good as past Metroid games, it certainly isn't as bad as people on the internet and some reviewers made it sound. Yeah it's kinda dumb Samus doesn't use her full power because some guy tells her not to, but I didn't have much of a problem with anything else. Even the infamous Ridley scene was not as bad as people say.
---
FFXI Lakshmi Server: Walsh
#24Purging_FlamePosted 5/7/2013 6:35:48 AM
It would have been an atrocity either way, but at least it wouldn't have dragged the Metroid name through the mud and retroactively ruined Samus's character.
---
Failing at life this hard should be a ToS violation. - TennCaseys Encore
if you have standards it just lowers the amount of stuff you can enjoy. - yusiko
#25trenkenPosted 5/7/2013 6:38:11 AM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
trenken posted...

Bayonetta

All my what.

Its garbage next to Ninja Gaiden. Noone talked about Bayonetta when it came out and had low sales.

The only people that care about it are of course Nintendo fans because they got the sequel, but before that noone cared about Bayonetta. I was on the 360 and PS3 boards a LOT, and noone ever talked about that game.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#26slymshadyPosted 5/7/2013 6:38:14 AM
It was terrific, easily the best metroid game on the wii
#27retrogamer28Posted 5/7/2013 8:00:12 AM
C and D, it wouldn't get so much hate as most of it is directed at the story not fitting the series, but changing that alone would only make it a decent game, not a stellar series.
---
Nintendo fans have the privilege of being able to saying a game is bad because the predecessor is better, not because the game is actually bad objectively.
#28CSplitterPosted 5/7/2013 8:09:05 AM
trenken posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
trenken posted...

Bayonetta

All my what.

Its garbage next to Ninja Gaiden. Noone talked about Bayonetta when it came out and had low sales.

The only people that care about it are of course Nintendo fans because they got the sequel, but before that noone cared about Bayonetta. I was on the 360 and PS3 boards a LOT, and noone ever talked about that game.

Coming from a non-nintendo-console-exclusive owner, I care about Bayonetta. And it wasn't the Nintendo fans that flipped out when 2 was announced as a Nintendo exclusive. So other people do care.

That said, I agree with Soanevalcke. It's an incredible action game, up there with DMC, DMC3 and the first 2 Ninja gaiden games.
---
TakayaNoriko: Back in my day, we pressed buttons that didn't do anything because we thought it would give us special power-ups. And that's the way we liked it!
#29LordrvPosted 5/7/2013 9:56:41 AM
The game is awesome. Samus needs to make a me a samwhich. **** the feminazis.
#30Banjo2553Posted 5/7/2013 9:56:54 AM
trenken posted...

Maybe it's possible that Bayonetta became a cult classic...I mean, those exist...
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz