CNN confirms Nintendo is tone deaf and behind the times

#221IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 3:48:07 AM
pearl arowana posted...
imo nintendo seem almost irrelevant now.. truthfully, they just cant compete anymore with the other big 2 because they way way behind.. .. hence the fanboy reason 'they are doing their own thing' excuse.

hardware = poor compare to ps4/720
online services = very poor compare to CURRENT gen live and psn...
games = very poor support from 3rd party

so, meh

I'm amazed you've not been banned already considering how many countless trolling attempts you've done in the past, and apparently continue to do. You've not changed a single bit.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#222suprsoliderPosted 5/8/2013 4:14:04 AM
The truth hurts fanboys.

Nintendo has got a real control problem. They still think it is 1995 and they rule the industry, that every must bow to them. Sorry Nintendo, the industry has moved on, the Wii started out good then by the end of 2008 it started to become irrelevant and became a netflix box.

Nintendo refuses to wake up and keep up with the pack, they want to march to the beat of their own drums going their way making it seem like everyone else is going to follow. Not going to happen.
---
"Those who say it's impossible to do something should not disturb those who attempt to accomplish."
Wii Code:7975 8057 2122 7057 PSN ID: CF-105
#223IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 4:24:48 AM
^ So just because their system is the weakest spec wise of the three, they're doomed to fail huh? Well, we all know how the PS360 duo dominated the 7th generation....oh wait.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#224Rome218Posted 5/8/2013 5:04:18 AM(edited)
There are a ton of reasons to hate CNN and all our news handed to us in the form of a PR article.

However, this is not one of them. Yeah, if may make people offended who are Wii-U owners. Why are you getting mad at CNN, gamers who are not buying the Wii-U, and all the negative people instead of blame it on Nintendo?

Did they really have a plan with this console? Very little first party support, so why did they make the system come out now? When have they ever received good third party support?

This year I've played the new DmC(Love it, don't care what the haters say), the new Tomb Raider, FarCry 3, Blood dragon, the new Army of Two(Best of the trilogy, but not worth 60, still FUN), Dead Space 3(I love the whole trilogy and the co-op and crafting made me throw 70 hours into it), and then there are arcade games(God Mode, STX, Sacred Citadel)

The 360 has games to play, and they are pretty damn good. At some point you have to wonder if you prematurely brought a paper weight.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#225IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 5:03:50 AM
Rome218 posted...
There are a ton of reasons to hate CNN and all our news handed to us in the form of a PR article.

However, this is not one of them. Yeah, if may make people offended who are Wii-U owners. Why are you getting mad at CNN, gamers who are not buying the Wii-U, and all the negative people and instead blame it on Nintendo?

http://youtu.be/-WUf5U_sEWA This

And CNN's little opinion piece is nothing more than blatant, yellow journalism. Plain and simple!
---
#226Rome218Posted 5/8/2013 5:11:10 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Rome218 posted...

However, this is not one of them. Yeah, if may make people offended who are Wii-U owners. Why are you getting mad at CNN, gamers who are not buying the Wii-U, and all the negative people and instead blame it on Nintendo?

And CNN's little opinion piece is nothing more than blatant, yellow journalism. Plain and simple!

Not just their opinions, I can see slanted sides to their story. When the bill to pass new background checks on guns failed, they mentioned that it was because 4 democrats in gun friendly states. That is an assumption, as they did not actually go out to find why the Democrats really voted against it. Perhaps they did not agree with the bill.

It's small things like that you have to catch.

3 time emmy winning journalist Amber Lyon came out this year and said CNN tried to get her to omit anything good about Syria and Iran.

It gets worse than that, you'll have to google it. CNN has I believed confirmed to have received money from dictators to promote flattering articles about their Country.

Just google: cnn received money from dicators.
---
I served 8, in war... my father served 23, in war... both of my grandfathers served, in war. WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm, GWoT, etc. - ScarecrowES
#227IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 5:13:08 AM
Rome218 posted...
IcedEarthaholic posted...
Rome218 posted...

Not just their opinions, I can see slanted sides to their story. When the bill to pass new background checks on guns failed, they mentioned that it was because 4 democrats in gun friendly states. That is an assumption, as they did not actually go out to find why the Democrats really voted against it. Perhaps they did not agree with the bill.

It's small things like that you have to catch.

3 time emmy winning journalist Amber Lyon came out this year and said CNN tried to get her to omit anything good about Syria and Iran.

It gets worse than that, you'll have to google it. CNN has I believed confirmed to have received money from dictators to promote flattering articles about their Country.

Just google: cnn received money from dicators.

I have to agree there, it's pretty sickening to say the least. They're as bad as FOX when it comes to yellow journalism.
---
#228Rome218Posted 5/8/2013 5:35:09 AM
I agree Iced. I think only a SMALL amount on every news organization is real journalism.

Fox, CNN, and MSNBC are not reliable any more. =(
---
#229Darth_ElusivePosted 5/8/2013 5:39:11 AM
suprsolider posted...
The truth hurts fanboys.

Nintendo has got a real control problem. They still think it is 1995 and they rule the industry, that every must bow to them. Sorry Nintendo, the industry has moved on, the Wii started out good then by the end of 2008 it started to become irrelevant and became a netflix box.

Nintendo refuses to wake up and keep up with the pack, they want to march to the beat of their own drums going their way making it seem like everyone else is going to follow. Not going to happen.

History often repeats itself. When Nintendo developed the N64, it insisted on using cartridges while developers wanted to moved on the cheaper optical media. Sony came up with the PS1 that had an optical drive and lured developers with lower licensing fees. The rise of the Playstation began. Nintendo was dethroned, GameCube was lost to PS2.

Sony was the king of the industry during the PS1/PS2 era. Then when they made the PS3, they also thought everyone else was going to follow, developers would bent backward to make PS3 games and made PS3 hard to program for. And we all know what happened after that.

Nintendo's Wii was quite a success. Before Wii U was announced, I thought Nintendo was going to built on the succes of Wii by bringing itself up to date in terms of hardware and online service. It was a great opportunity for them. Instead they are sticking to the old tricks of gimmick controllers and outdated hardware. Only this time it doesn't work nearly as well as last time.

So, for now Wii U is the new PS3, until/unless Sony or MS stumbles with their next gen console. I am especially eager to know if MS really want to go with the rumored always-on-always-connected concept with their next XBOX; and how consumers would react to that.
---
Look at my XBOX720 ===> i7 2600 @3.4Ghz | ATI 6850 1GB | 8GB DDR3 | Asus P8P67 LE
Now playing: Yakuza 5, Bioshock Infinite
#230DrumguyPosted 5/8/2013 9:07:16 AM
Darth_Elusive posted...
suprsolider posted...
The truth hurts fanboys.

History often repeats itself. When Nintendo developed the N64, it insisted on using cartridges while developers wanted to moved on the cheaper optical media. Sony came up with the PS1 that had an optical drive and lured developers with lower licensing fees. The rise of the Playstation began. Nintendo was dethroned, GameCube was lost to PS2.

Sony was the king of the industry during the PS1/PS2 era. Then when they made the PS3, they also thought everyone else was going to follow, developers would bent backward to make PS3 games and made PS3 hard to program for. And we all know what happened after that.

Nintendo's Wii was quite a success. Before Wii U was announced, I thought Nintendo was going to built on the succes of Wii by bringing itself up to date in terms of hardware and online service. It was a great opportunity for them. Instead they are sticking to the old tricks of gimmick controllers and outdated hardware. Only this time it doesn't work nearly as well as last time.

So, for now Wii U is the new PS3, until/unless Sony or MS stumbles with their next gen console. I am especially eager to know if MS really want to go with the rumored always-on-always-connected concept with their next XBOX; and how consumers would react to that.

I don't think Nintendo has ever really cared about being ahead of Sony or Microsoft. They care about satisfying their customers. If it's really a gimmick, why is Sony developing a controller with similar features? Same thing applied to the Wii. If it was such a gimmick, why did Sony develop the move and Microsoft develop the Kinect??

Latest/up-to-date hardware obviously didn't matter if Nintendo came out ahead last gen.

Sony is just now making money from PS3 sales, so it's nothing like the Wii U in that regard. I'm not saying Nintendo is making bank on the Wii U right now, but they were smart enough to know that nobody is going to buy a console that was $600 on launch day. And people say Nintendo has grown out of touch with West....
---
"I never went to church. I just listened to Led Zeppelin and that was all I needed." - Dave Grohl