How much longer until Nintendo becomes 3rd party devs for Sony and MS?

#1Strider_ReyokoPosted 5/7/2013 7:58:07 AM
We all know Nintendo is slowly dying. The company sold only 3.45 million of the Wii U video game consoles during the first quarter, badly missing its own target of 4 million. The hand-held 3DS gaming device has also been a disappointment outside of Japan.

Making matters worse, Nintendo's solution to the problem is a head-scratcher: CEO Satoru Iwata last week announced his support for in-game transactions and subscription-based payment models.

As secondary concepts these are fine, but if Nintendo thinks this is what gamers really want from a modern console, it has lost touch with reality.

For decades now, it has been this type of thinking that has plagued Nintendo: The company is cognizant of the latest trends and shifts in gaming, but it chooses to disregard them in the name of simplicity, or family-friendly gaming. Instead, Nintendo frequently opts to develop its own warped, counterintuitive take on the latest trends.
#2Kentaro21Posted 5/7/2013 7:58:55 AM
How long? I'd say they'll go third party on February 31st.
#3CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/7/2013 7:59:55 AM
They already made the announcement last night -_-'
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#4IceyflamePosted 5/7/2013 8:01:57 AM
The 3ds is a disapointment?
#5megax11Posted 5/7/2013 8:02:35 AM
Better question, TC, is how much longer before Sony or MS become a 3rd party developer for Nintendo?

We know Sony is hurting the most. If the PS4 fails as much as the dying Vita is, Sony will be done for.
---
The ALL THINGS GAMING fanboy. PSWiiU60DSPVita FTW! 1356 games and still growing. XBL: GameMaster1178 PSN: megax28 Wii U: GameMaster1178
#6parkourboybryanPosted 5/7/2013 8:03:08 AM
Way to completely copy verbatim the words from an article and try to pass them off as your own. Show some thought next time in your trolling.
---
One of the proud people that still plays Mirror's Edge to this day.
Not changing my sig until DICE officially announces Mirror's Edge 2
#7ballermat982Posted 5/7/2013 8:05:44 AM
parkourboybryan posted...
Way to completely copy verbatim the words from an article and try to pass them off as your own. Show some thought next time in your trolling.

lol thank you. I thought I had read OP somewhere before but I wasn't sure.
#8usaamahlinkPosted 5/7/2013 8:08:19 AM
Not for the foreseeable future for sure.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#9Santo3485Posted 5/7/2013 8:09:00 AM(edited)
parkourboybryan posted...

This lol

Link: http://money.cnn.com/2013/05/07/technology/nintendo-problem/index.html
---
In theory there is no differens between theory and practice - but in practice, there is.
#10RunetheKoopaPosted 5/7/2013 8:13:51 AM(edited)
Next generation most likely if they keep doing as badly as they are now. However, that still leaves one more chance to make a new console and handheld and fix their mistakes.