Did Nintendo say they're not announcing any new games at E3?

#11nickvd8Posted 5/7/2013 9:19:33 AM
SlimeSwayze posted...
You know, I don't think they need to be announcing any new games. What they need to do is show the games they've already talked about, such as Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, W101, Wind Waker HD, 3D Mario, Wii Fit U, Yoshi Yarn, whatever Retro is working on, and possibly the other new Zelda if that is far enough along in development. Show those games and provide release dates. That should be their focus.

I'm pretty sure that's their intent, they did state a few of those games would be at E3 already and I'd imagine at least a few games will get their semi-vague release dates of Fall 2013, Winter 2013 or early 2014.
---
Sign this
www.tinyurl.com/timesplittersHD
#12HELZEROPosted 5/7/2013 9:20:39 AM
I was on this board 6 months ago and I remember all the fans saying that Nintendo has something up their sleeve and the reason there aren't many games announced is because they are going to blow us away during E3. Hmmm..
#13usaamahlinkPosted 5/7/2013 9:24:43 AM
Most of the games we know about. Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Zelda WW HD, Well presumably get new information about both Smash Bros and the new Zelda, well probably get release dates for the first 3,well see more info about Yoshi, and presumably a release date. Wii U Party will probably be playable on the floor and will get a release date, we probably see more info about SMT X FE, well probably get new info about Monolith Softs game, and more info about Bayonetta 2,along with possibly general time frames for release. Nintendo said they are releasing a few new titles this year that haven't been announced (yet). I'm betting one of those is Retro's game, which should get a full reveal as well as a release date. (I'm also betting it's a new StarFox following the core gameplay, obviously with many improvements and refinements, from Assault). Anything other than that would be a complete surprise, but these are all new games worth getting excited over (with the possible exception of Wii U party lol). In hoping the new Yoshi game is as good as Yoshi's Island from SNES/GBA.

I've heard a lot about a new IP, from Miyamoto. A teaser for that is possible I guess. Beyond that... Hmm.. I think this sums up about everything we know at this point. I wouldn't be too surprised with new entries in the Wii Fit or Wii Sports franchises, although they may come with different names.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#14nonexistingheroPosted 5/7/2013 9:26:15 AM(edited)
I don't think they really need to announce 'new' games. They still have a good amount of games that people want footage of. Here's a few of them:

- Bayonetta 2
- Wind Waker HD
- Super Smash Bros. U
- Super Mario U
- Mario Kart U
- Yarn Yoshi (we only have less than 30 seconds of footage)

Games that may or may not be shown:
- X (yes, there's a 1 minute trailer that really doesn't tell much about the game, outside of it expanding on Xenoblade's gameplay)
- The Legend of Zelda U

I'd say they already have more than enough announced. But a lot of it doesnt have footage.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.