So I had my first encounter with a Wii U at a WalMart demo

#1sefirosufanPosted 5/7/2013 2:48:05 PM
Not what I expected. I thought the tablet controller was going to be an awkward...tablet controller. I was pleasantly surprised to find it had hand grips on the back and triggers. And I felt the tablet screen was basically just the bottom screen of a DS so no problem there. I played Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed because that was the only game that I was remotely interested in on the demo kiosk and I have to say...

The Wii U is not bad at all. I actually like it. Not enough to get one, though, until I have a reason to. So basically all I can say is that it is in desperate need of some good, fresh, non-port games. Once that happens, it will do just fine. Or at least I'd like to think so. Gaming trends of today are kind of disgusting, because all people seem to want is Call of Duty. On Xbox 360. So once the other two new systems come out...

Poor Nintendo...poor Wii U...
:/
---
"Behold! Guns of the Patriots!"
#2AShockCipherPosted 5/7/2013 2:53:21 PM
Wait till after E3, that's when their first-party train will be rolling in, and many Wii U owners will be happy once again, and their wallets sad :(
---
MFW I passed SS
http://aftershockcipher.deviantart.com/gallery/?catpath=scraps#/d4hajdo
#3kingdrake2Posted 5/7/2013 2:54:04 PM
i would give it a bit more time, they will be delivering a one-two punch with top titles.

pikmin 3 being one of em.
---
They literally gave him the keys to the kingdom and he pissed it all away--dragonballer88
#4AsuirPosted 5/7/2013 3:19:43 PM
I'm sorry, but Pikmin is not a console mover.
---
Ftw!
#5WhiteWolf338Posted 5/7/2013 3:21:24 PM
Some of us need more than rehashed first party titles. There is almost 0 third party support on this system and looks dismal for future support.
#6thundercat2600Posted 5/7/2013 3:23:45 PM
Asuir posted...
I'm sorry, but Pikmin is not a console mover.

Agreed. NSMBU, now THAT is a system seller right th---oh wait.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#7Rasputin77Posted 5/7/2013 3:25:55 PM
I don't get it...

>_>

<_<

...are the apologists at dinner, or grounded, or something?
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/
#8SocranPosted 5/7/2013 4:01:59 PM(edited)
sefirosufan posted...
I thought the tablet controller was going to be an awkward...tablet controller. [...] And I felt the tablet screen was basically just the bottom screen of a DS so no problem there.

Which is exactly why people need to stop saying "tablet controller". It is not, and never has been, a controller based on a tablet. It was in development as a "portable DS screen" since long before "tablets" inexplicably became a thing, and inexplicably became popular. I say "inexplicably" because they're really not that great, and everyone knows games play like crap on it, which gives the gamepad a poor image due to an association that never should have been there.

I still remember the interview where... I think it was Iwata? He was talking about how they were so excited for the Wii U, and then this tablet thing came out of nowhere, and they reacted to Wii U's announcement with "So it's basically just a tablet?" And he was like: http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/1648-noface.jpg

sefirosufan posted...
Gaming trends of today are kind of disgusting, because all people seem to want is Call of Duty. On Xbox 360. So once the other two new systems come out...

Poor Nintendo...poor Wii U...
:/

I agree wholeheartedly. And as you can see from the two posts above me... (EDIT: Make that four. Two of them are on my ignore list.)
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#9KayubePosted 5/7/2013 4:04:08 PM
Well, it is a tablet, but more in the sense of a drawing tablet than something like an iPad.
---
This signature intentionally left blank.
#10sefirosufan(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:06:34 PM
In my experience, Kingdom Hearts is a console seller. Lol I got a DS Lite for KH 358/2 Days and a PSP for MGS Peace Walker and KH Birth By Sleep and then a 3DS XL for KH3D Dream Drop Distance.
---
"Behold! Guns of the Patriots!"