Wii-U Zelda Needs to go back to its roots

#1NCPwnPosted 5/7/2013 4:03:19 PM
-Combat over Puzzles
-No more collect quests (tears of light ......)
-No motion control gimicks (don't need to fly, swim, roll, open keys with motion controls!)
-open world (like Zelda 1, Lttp, WW)
-Do not gimmick with Controller.
-Art style is fine (WW is my favorite but I'm not picky)
-Combat needs to be fun again
-Difficulty needs to come back (none of this 1/4 heart damage. Zelda 1 had Darknuts taking 7 hearts per hit!!!!!!!
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#2Nintendoboy77Posted 5/7/2013 4:08:55 PM
NCPwn posted...
-Combat over Puzzles
-No more collect quests (tears of light ......)
-No motion control gimicks (don't need to fly, swim, roll, open keys with motion controls!)
-open world (like Zelda 1, Lttp, WW)
-Do not gimmick with Controller.
-Art style is fine (WW is my favorite but I'm not picky)
-Combat needs to be fun again
-Difficulty needs to come back (none of this 1/4 heart damage. Zelda 1 had Darknuts taking 7 hearts per hit!!!!!!!

I agree with the highlighted especially.
#3TheCelticArcherPosted 5/7/2013 4:13:00 PM
No tutorials every time you start the game would be nice. I've been playing the game for hours, I do not need to be reminded what a blue rupee is.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#4Nintendoboy77Posted 5/7/2013 4:15:57 PM
TheCelticArcher posted...
No tutorials every time you start the game would be nice. I've been playing the game for hours, I do not need to be reminded what a blue rupee is.

Tutorials really should be optional.
#5fissionprimerPosted 5/7/2013 4:17:02 PM
No art style is not fine that is very subjective, just give us realistic zelda or zelda from tech demo.
---
obvious sticky (;
#6Jakerific44Posted 5/7/2013 4:17:34 PM
NCPwn posted...
-Combat over Puzzles No
-No more collect quests (tears of light ......) Yes
-No motion control gimicks (don't need to fly, swim, roll, open keys with motion controls!) Yes
-open world (like Zelda 1, Lttp, WW) Yes
-Do not gimmick with Controller. Yes
-Art style is fine (WW is my favorite but I'm not picky) Yes
-Combat needs to be fun again ???
-Difficulty needs to come back (none of this 1/4 heart damage. Zelda 1 had Darknuts taking 7 hearts per hit!!!!!!! No

---
My Anime List:http://myanimelist.net/profile/Jakerific
#7userfrigginamePosted 5/7/2013 4:22:45 PM
I'm not going to agree with you on the combat over puzzles, cuz Zelda's almost always been a game that has a good mix of puzzles and combat. However, the Wiimote controls scared me away from Skyward Sword (and from other franchise games), so I'm looking forward to more traditional controls.
#8NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:24:31 PM
Jakerific44 posted...
NCPwn posted...
-Combat over Puzzles No
-No more collect quests (tears of light ......) Yes
-No motion control gimicks (don't need to fly, swim, roll, open keys with motion controls!) Yes
-open world (like Zelda 1, Lttp, WW) Yes
-Do not gimmick with Controller. Yes
-Art style is fine (WW is my favorite but I'm not picky) Yes
-Combat needs to be fun again ???
-Difficulty needs to come back (none of this 1/4 heart damage. Zelda 1 had Darknuts taking 7 hearts per hit!!!!!!! No

I mean motion control ruined combat. Go back to a more entertaining form (OoT, WW) etc... No waggle, no Motion Control waiting to swing and being punished if you swing the wrong direction.
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#9NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:38:40 PM
userfrigginame posted...
I'm not going to agree with you on the combat over puzzles, cuz Zelda's almost always been a game that has a good mix of puzzles and combat. However, the Wiimote controls scared me away from Skyward Sword (and from other franchise games), so I'm looking forward to more traditional controls.

Since when is "always", if you mean 3D zeldas, then yes.

But Zelda1, Zelda2, and SNES Zelda had more combat and "find keys" than puzzles.
---
#10Rasputin77Posted 5/7/2013 4:47:45 PM
Nintendoboy77 posted...
TheCelticArcher posted...

Tutorials really should be optional.

Absolutely. Cutscenes too. Not saying they weren't in previous Zelda's - just saying.
---
The irony of GameFAQs: http://postimg.org/image/a2yrtprql/