Wii-U Zelda Needs to go back to its roots

#11TheWiseOne06Posted 5/7/2013 3:50:03 PM
NCPwn posted...
userfrigginame posted...
I'm not going to agree with you on the combat over puzzles, cuz Zelda's almost always been a game that has a good mix of puzzles and combat. However, the Wiimote controls scared me away from Skyward Sword (and from other franchise games), so I'm looking forward to more traditional controls.

Since when is "always", if you mean 3D zeldas, then yes.

But Zelda1, Zelda2, and SNES Zelda had more combat and "find keys" than puzzles.

Did we play the same Zelda games? Finding a key usually involved a puzzle
---
PSN - NNID:jmanup85
"Saying all JRPGS need to evolve to be more like FF is like saying we need to evolve to be more like Trilobites." - methosagain
#12PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/7/2013 3:52:05 PM
I would really like to see a remake of sorts of the first NES Zelda. Big open world with dungeons that need to be searched for. It would also be nice to allow the player to complete these dungeons in any order.

The puzzles... I dunno, they can stay the same I guess. It would be nice to see puzzles relying less on acquired items though, kinda like the original NES game, but not necessary.

I dunno, I love Zelda and Skyward is actually my fav... but a return to the roots would be much appreciated.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#13Enigma149Posted 5/7/2013 3:53:20 PM
NCPwn posted...
Jakerific44 posted...
NCPwn posted...
-Combat over Puzzles No
-No more collect quests (tears of light ......) Yes
-No motion control gimicks (don't need to fly, swim, roll, open keys with motion controls!) Yes
-open world (like Zelda 1, Lttp, WW) Yes
-Do not gimmick with Controller. Yes
-Art style is fine (WW is my favorite but I'm not picky) Yes
-Combat needs to be fun again ???
-Difficulty needs to come back (none of this 1/4 heart damage. Zelda 1 had Darknuts taking 7 hearts per hit!!!!!!! No

I mean motion control ruined combat. Go back to a more entertaining form (OoT, WW) etc... No waggle, no Motion Control waiting to swing and being punished if you swing the wrong direction.

Motion control was one of the best things about Skyward Sword. Yes, it sucked in TP, but in SS it was amazing.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#14NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 4:35:55 PM
TheWiseOne06 posted...
NCPwn posted...
userfrigginame posted...
I'm not going to agree with you on the combat over puzzles, cuz Zelda's almost always been a game that has a good mix of puzzles and combat. However, the Wiimote controls scared me away from Skyward Sword (and from other franchise games), so I'm looking forward to more traditional controls.

Since when is "always", if you mean 3D zeldas, then yes.

But Zelda1, Zelda2, and SNES Zelda had more combat and "find keys" than puzzles.

Did we play the same Zelda games? Finding a key usually involved a puzzle

It usually involved opening a chest from LTTP and before?
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#15gamebuyer22Posted 5/7/2013 5:01:51 PM(edited)
Id take revamped combat and exploration over the template they have been using since OOT. Ive pretty much had it with dungeons with recycled puzzles and gadgets. Oh and have voiceovers, realistic graphics, actual physics system. Finally have skippable cinemas, dialogue etc. Most importantly TAKE AWAY FETCH QUESTS TO PAD GAME LENGTH BY HOURS AND HOURS.