Can Nintendo blame it's core fans for troubles?

#1grandabxPosted 5/7/2013 10:59:27 PM(edited)
Imo, core Nintendo fans bootlick and allow them to do whatever they want without asking for them to ever improve. they make them seem like the "savior" of gaming when they really aren't.

Nintendo didn't survive the first great video game industry depression, they sprouted up right after it had pretty much ended. They used monopolistic tactics, bullying retailers, competitors (Sega, SNK, Atari, etc) and their own third-party development partners into having their way with the game industry. The only reason Sega was able to overtake the market with the Genesis was because Nintendo wanted to hold back the 16-bit era for more NES money.

People claim that they revived the game industry, in reality they held it hostage for years, made a huge mistake by holding back technology and letting Sega gain a ton of marketshare, betrayed Sony after approaching them for a business deal (creating their greatest opponent ever), chose to go with cartridges instead of CDs because they thought they could get away with using cartridges another generation, started to die out in the Gamecube era, got extremely lucky in the Wii era and now they've pushed their luck too far, thinking the Wii U would be a repeat of the Wii.

Nintendo died a few years ago. You should just go ahead and mourn them now, as I still am. Heh, even though I know of their vile history (don't get me started on what they did to Gunpei Yokoi), lifelong brand fanaticism still has me reeling over their "death."

And it is INCREDIBLE how Nintendo fans try to cover the FACT that Nintendo, ”the great innovator”, always COPY from others... Let's see:

01. The D-Pad? Atari has those before Nintendo.

02. The Analog Stick? Atari 5200 has those in 1982

03. Four Controllers in the same console? Atari 5200 has those too in 1982

04. Camera Visor? PlayStation had one before... In 2003

05. Using Discs for ”console” games? Commodore Amiga CD32 was the first to have one, in 1993, then Sony in 1994.

06. Using Cartridges for games? Magnavox was the first (NOT ATARI) to use them, in 1972.

07. GameBoy? Did you EVER hear anything about Milton Bradley's Microvision (1979)? It was the FIRST HANDHELD console with interchangeable cartridges.

Nintendo HAS NEVER BEEN an innovator. Just like ALL THE OTHERS, THEY COPY WHAT THEY NEED... Only their fans deny it...

If Sony/X ”copied” Nintendo on something, please Nintendo fans, do your work and investigate who made the technology before Nintendo cop.... Er... made it.

Here's more on their draconian practices: http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2013/03/14/howard-lincoln-kicking-ass-before-reggie-came-along/

credits: Fabrizio Arturo Cardenas Gonza & Nicholas Gatewood
#2Genericgamer667Posted 5/7/2013 11:06:06 PM
yeah this isn't a biased anti-nintendo topic at all
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising
#3grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:10:03 PM
Genericgamer667 posted...

care to debunk anything said?
#4TalentedMPosted 5/7/2013 11:10:29 PM
Prance pony prance!
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#5kingbadjoPosted 5/7/2013 11:11:32 PM
grandabx posted...

What's the point? You're obviously biased. Nothing can be said to you to convince you otherwise :/
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#6grandabx(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2013 11:20:17 PM
kingbadjo posted...
grandabx posted...

What's the point? You're obviously biased. Nothing can be said to you to convince you otherwise :/

that's what I thought. RUN. hide behind name-calling, because you know you can't dispute it.

I bring light to the darkness here in the wiiu section of gamefaqs and the fans are nothing but cowards.

I don't want hear any more about how great Nintendo is when them AND their core fans can't handle competition.
#7DiscostewSMPosted 5/7/2013 11:27:19 PM(edited)
In many cases, innovation can come in the form of utilizing existing technologies to their full potential, rather than simply being the first to make them and not use them properly.

There is using technology that hasn't been used for years/decades, and then there's using technology only because someone else just recently utilized them and are successful at it. In these cases, Nintendo related more to the former, while Sony relates more to the latter.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#8TalentedMPosted 5/7/2013 11:31:05 PM(edited)
grandabx posted...

I don't want hear any more about how great Nintendo is when them AND their core fans can't handle competition.

Who would this be?

Also, I could bother debating how Nintendo revitalized gaming and brought it into households after the gaming crash pretty much giving birth to gaming as we know it now. If those things you mentioned (using disks, analog sticks, etc) were of any consequence it was to provide reference to where Nintendo should start.

Everything you mentioned were complete failures and useless tech by the time Nintendo started up with the NES. The gameboy was leagues better than any handheld available for a long while, there may have been others but it was definitely the best on the market.

Biters are biters. Needless to say, the new companies are biting off of Nintendo who I guess started biting off dead (DEAD) companies. So... Who is worse? The biters of old who rejuvinated the gaming culture and market we know today? Or the ones who bite off of them?

My opinion? Neither! Everyone improved on every aspect of every single thing they took from the early GODS of gaming. They all bite off of the arcades and pc games before them anyways!

LONG LIVE THE BITERS!

Make more innovations, get more ideas, take old things and make them better!
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#9kingbadjoPosted 5/7/2013 11:24:55 PM
grandabx posted...
kingbadjo posted...
grandabx posted...

that's what I thought. RUN. hide behind name-calling, because you know you can't dispute it.

I bring light to the darkness here in the wiiu section of gamefaqs and the fans are nothing but cowards.

With a reply like that... I think you're mad for wanting to start a pointless argument... but nobody cared...
---
I don't need violent videogames to reassure myself that I'm an adult.
#10Genericgamer667Posted 5/7/2013 11:45:34 PM(edited)
sooo you just write off the wii's sucess as being lucky and continue to state they were always dying

yeah you aren't biased at all

can I say Sony got lucky with the ps2 and psp then?

also no one ever said they invented cds or cartidges
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666 on Kid Icarus Uprising