I wanted to download super mario world, but then I found this:

#11ajko000Posted 5/8/2013 2:14:53 AM
Seriously though, emulating something is perfectly legal. At least in terms of the console. For example, if I were to emulate Windows 8 without using any of their legally-owned code, it would be legal. If you were to extract the BIOS of the system and use that to basically power the emulator, then it becomes illegal. Fortunately the emulators I use do not in any way do this, and are often made using Source materials.

Basically, it simply becomes illegal when you literally plagiarize the company's code. That is not possible if you use your own copy and a completely different coding medium, because:

1. Your copy was legally obtained, and you are allowed to make backups for your OWN use, and nobody else. Therefore you are not allowed to sell, redistribute, or upload onto the Internet without consent from the owner(s).

2. The emulator is not in any way copying the respective console's code, and is instead using legally obtained materials.
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk
#12DoomsSDPosted 5/8/2013 2:16:10 AM(edited)
Azeiryous posted...
lol this guy is the true definition of the word: Hater

I just think he's supremely intellectually challenged. (Being the most politically correct way of putting it that I care to think of)

"SO IN THE 90s NINTENDO THINKS IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO RELEASE A SUPER MARIO GAME ON THE SUPER NES."

Said like doing that was some kind of noob move and he was expecting them to do something "smarter" or "better" whatever.

Anyway, I stopped watching when he just started going on like "you call this a game, i call it garbage blah blah" without actually qualifying WHY it's garbage.

This is what happens when the moron portion of the PS3/Xbox generation gets their hands on a retro game. LOL.

*shrug*
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#13ajko000Posted 5/8/2013 2:16:14 AM
DoomsSD posted...
Azeiryous posted...

I just think he's supremely intellectually challenged. (Being the most politically correct way of putting it that I care to think of)

"SO IN THE 90s NINTENDO THINKS IT'S A GOOD IDEA TO RELEASE A SUPER MARIO GAME ON THE SUPER NES."

Said like doing that was some kind of noob move and he was expecting them to do something "smarter" or "better" whatever.

Anyway, I stopped watching when he just started going on like "you call this a game, i call it garbage blah blah" without actually qualifying WHY it's garbage.

This is what happens when the morons from the PS3/Xbox generation gets their hands on a retro game. LOL

*shrug*

He reminds me of those kids who spew nonsense like, "Metroid copied Halo". Makes me rage like a Turkey Activist on Thanksgiving.
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk
#14Nin3DSFanPosted 5/8/2013 2:26:10 AM
Pong clearer ripped off Kinect Sports
---
Gentlemen, we tnodah now!
#15SocranPosted 5/8/2013 2:40:07 AM(edited)
DoomsSD posted...
Azeiryous posted...

How can you not recognize that it's a joke review? "Look at that jump. It looks like... It's like he jumps fifty feet in the air. Awful. This game is... There's so much wrong with this game. But people always say that there's something right about it. And there's nothing right about this game, because.............................. Look at that. You can tell that there's a lot of wrong in this game." He's deliberately picking the stupidest things to complain about and making zero argument as to why they're bad. For god's sake, one of his complaints is that the music is a loop. "That's what you call someone, uh, who does not know how to play music."

Granted, he really sucks at joke reviewing, but still.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#16msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:37:50 AM
Socran posted...
DoomsSD posted...
Azeiryous posted...

How can you not recognize that it's a joke review? "Look at that jump. It looks like... It's like he jumps fifty feet in the air. Awful. This game is... There's so much wrong with this game. But people always say that there's something right about it." He's deliberately picking the stupidest things to complain about and making zero argument as to why they're bad.

REALLY
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#17DoomsSDPosted 5/8/2013 2:42:54 AM
Socran posted...
DoomsSD posted...
Azeiryous posted...

How can you not recognize that it's a joke review? "Look at that jump. It looks like... It's like he jumps fifty feet in the air. Awful. This game is... There's so much wrong with this game. But people always say that there's something right about it. And there's nothing right about this game, because.............................. Look at that. You can tell that there's a lot of wrong in this game." He's deliberately picking the stupidest things to complain about and making zero argument as to why they're bad.

I'm aware that it's a "joke" review, but most "jokes" tend to be funny.

He can't even lampoon the game in a funny way, it's just all OH LOOK THIS IS CRAP OH MY THE CRAP GRAPHICS CRAP GARBAGE BLAH.

Some bored moron kid at his computer is all he sounds like, hence why I didn't watch that far into his video.
---
Well, I suppose it's time to get kidnapped again...
#18StreetPasWantrPosted 5/8/2013 3:39:43 AM
Just buy it and thank me later.
---
NutOfDeath is my slave. I'm also a Viewtiful Gene poser.
Nintendo E3 2013 Countdown: http://tinyurl.com/NintyE32013
#19StreetPasWantrPosted 5/8/2013 3:43:04 AM
ajko000 posted...
Seriously though, emulating something is perfectly legal. At least in terms of the console. For example, if I were to emulate Windows 8 without using any of their legally-owned code, it would be legal. If you were to extract the BIOS of the system and use that to basically power the emulator, then it becomes illegal. Fortunately the emulators I use do not in any way do this, and are often made using Source materials.

Basically, it simply becomes illegal when you literally plagiarize the company's code. That is not possible if you use your own copy and a completely different coding medium, because:

1. Your copy was legally obtained, and you are allowed to make backups for your OWN use, and nobody else. Therefore you are not allowed to sell, redistribute, or upload onto the Internet without consent from the owner(s).

2. The emulator is not in any way copying the respective console's code, and is instead using legally obtained materials.

Though you have to have the cartridge itself and you have to port it manually to the computer; you can't just download it.

Besides, it's not the same. I find PC controls for consoles kind of eh... buttons feel better.
---
NutOfDeath is my slave. I'm also a Viewtiful Gene poser.
Nintendo E3 2013 Countdown: http://tinyurl.com/NintyE32013
#20DarkZV2BetaPosted 5/8/2013 3:52:22 AM
And the most interesting thing is the boxart...
And the most interesting thing is the graphics...
And the most interesting thing is the story...
And the most interesting thing is Yoshi...
---
Sony is like Justin Bieber and we are all like the Beliebers!! AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH SONY!!!!! We love you!!! -MotiJr
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/GlJ8