I wanted to download super mario world, but then I found this:

#21noutBrPosted 5/8/2013 3:58:46 AM
StreetPasWantr posted...
Though you have to have the cartridge itself and you have to port it manually to the computer; you can't just download it.

Besides, it's not the same. I find PC controls for consoles kind of eh... buttons feel better.

You do realize you can buy controllers for a PC, X360 controller is apparently also easy to connect, or cheap USB adapters for SNES, PS2, N64 controllers (you name it).

You can even connect your PC/Laptop to your HDTV and the differences between playing a console or a PC game are almost reduced to 0.
---
m e g a m a n f o r e v e r
#22msunshine(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 6:58:14 AM
noutBr posted...
StreetPasWantr posted...
Though you have to have the cartridge itself and you have to port it manually to the computer; you can't just download it.

Besides, it's not the same. I find PC controls for consoles kind of eh... buttons feel better.

You do realize you can buy controllers for a PC, X360 controller is apparently also easy to connect, or cheap USB adapters for SNES, PS2, N64 controllers (you name it).

You can even connect your PC/Laptop to your HDTV and the differences between playing a console or a PC game are almost reduced to 0.

Or you could BUY the game.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#23miliniumeyePosted 5/8/2013 7:07:14 AM
Don't even give this guy the 1 view by going to the link posted. I promise, you're not missing a thing.
#24usaamahlinkPosted 5/8/2013 7:15:14 AM
noutBr posted...
StreetPasWantr posted...

You can use Wiimotes on a PC using the built in bluetooth stack. Im not sure if you can with the Pro controller or Gamepad, I dont have either yet.. I prefer my Gamecube controllers so I just play it on the Wii. Super Mario World, and Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island are two of the best games ever created. Hands. Down. Im usually not a platforming fan (I cant stand NSMB Wii at ALL, I do like the 3D Mario games though), but those two games did it right, and with different, unique approaches.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Fire Emblem (GBA), Xenoblade Chronicles, F-Zero GX. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#25Reece504Posted 5/8/2013 7:22:32 AM
super mario world is one of my favorite marios of all time this reviewer is crazy or just joking.
---
PSN:Knickyknucklez 360:Kn1ckyknucklez Wii-U:KnickyKnucklez
#26koolguy5Posted 5/8/2013 7:32:49 AM
this guy is trolling lol, and he's really really good at it too. Look at the amount of hate he gets!
---
Mario rules.Period.FTLulz
#27ajko000Posted 5/8/2013 1:06:10 PM
StreetPasWantr posted...
ajko000 posted...
Seriously though, emulating something is perfectly legal. At least in terms of the console. For example, if I were to emulate Windows 8 without using any of their legally-owned code, it would be legal. If you were to extract the BIOS of the system and use that to basically power the emulator, then it becomes illegal. Fortunately the emulators I use do not in any way do this, and are often made using Source materials.

Basically, it simply becomes illegal when you literally plagiarize the company's code. That is not possible if you use your own copy and a completely different coding medium, because:

1. Your copy was legally obtained, and you are allowed to make backups for your OWN use, and nobody else. Therefore you are not allowed to sell, redistribute, or upload onto the Internet without consent from the owner(s).

2. The emulator is not in any way copying the respective console's code, and is instead using legally obtained materials.

This is correct. Unfortunately the mods do not understand this.
---
GameFAQs in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=hpdZwuyEmRk
#28RockD79Posted 5/8/2013 1:06:13 PM
msunshine posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtxlTbbi_UY

And what do you think of that?
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U Next Up: ?
#29TheCelticArcherPosted 5/8/2013 1:07:15 PM
Sincerely hope it's satire.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#30ZBug_Posted 5/8/2013 1:15:51 PM
So uh... Is this guy joking? His whole "review" sounds like he's not being serious.
I mean, he complained that Yoshi jumped high, and that you use the B button to jump.
It's just an elaborate joke right?
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)