Interesting read of EA's unprecented partership

#1AndyliiniPosted 5/8/2013 4:53:14 AM
http://playeressence.com/eas-unprecedented-partnership-with-nintendo-and-other-fairy-tails/

A very well written at that. Not one of the trollish columns posted by CNN for example.
#2melbye80Posted 5/8/2013 5:15:30 AM
Positive Nintendo-article, must be ignored
#3FayeLadyPosted 5/8/2013 5:28:20 AM
neither the PS4 or the next Xbox will be able to do anything inherently impossible on the Wii U without cutbacks in certain areas for years, if ever.

This seems quite unlikely.
I doubt either company would put out such a piece of hardware... It wouldn't be worth it. not only because they wouldnt be a noticeable upgrade from the Wii U, but because they wouldnt be a noticeable upgrade from the current systems. Considering the PS3 was very difficult to develop for, and still managed games that looked better than Wii games on day one, it also doesn't seem reasonable they will have a difficult development process required to make games look noticeably better than current consoles.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#4IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 5:34:10 AM
YESSSSS! Finally! An article that points out EA's garbage double standards!
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#5nonexistingheroPosted 5/8/2013 5:41:05 AM
You don't seem to understand that line, Faye. The article means that from a gameplay perspective, there's really nothing the PS4 and next Xbox won't be able to do, that the Wii U can't do. And to be honest, I don't see how they can either. The PS4 is essentially a PS3 on steroids as far as actual gameplay goes. Oh, and I guess the controller has a touch-pad... and you can see your health displayed on it in Killzone 4... yeah... the Wii U's gamepad can do that and much more, so that's kinda irrelevant.

Gameplay-wise, the PS4 doesn't seem to be able to be capable of running games that the 360 or PS3 cannot do. And this is because raw power these days can't add much more to the gameplay.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#6IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 5:50:41 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
You don't seem to understand that line, Faye. The article means that from a gameplay perspective, there's really nothing the PS4 and next Xbox won't be able to do, that the Wii U can't do. And to be honest, I don't see how they can either. The PS4 is essentially a PS3 on steroids as far as actual gameplay goes. Oh, and I guess the controller has a touch-pad... and you can see your health displayed on it in Killzone 4... yeah... the Wii U's gamepad can do that and much more, so that's kinda irrelevant.

Gameplay-wise, the PS4 doesn't seem to be able to be capable of running games that the 360 or PS3 cannot do. And this is because raw power these days can't add much more to the gameplay.

I completely agree, the only thing the PS4 has going for it is prettier graphics and more physics, and that's IT! There's jack **** about it that interests me from an innovation standpoint. Aside from the power, what does it offer that the Wii U can't do gameplay wise? Oh that's right, nothing!
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973
#7PigfartsPosted 5/8/2013 5:52:24 AM

IS this a joke, they can easily make a dynasty warrior game, put 100 enemies on the screen at once and Wii U can not handle it anymore. (1oo is abitary number perhaps its 200 or 300). Its just different power level in what the hardware can handle

and its not only game its also physics of a game, hell even witch 3, looks like a early release title for ps4 and Wii U probably can't handle it.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#8PigfartsPosted 5/8/2013 5:54:11 AM
IcedEarthaholic posted...

I completely agree, the only thing the PS4 has going for it is prettier graphics and more physics, and that's IT! There's jack **** about it that interests me from an innovation standpoint. Aside from the power, what does it offer that the Wii U can't do gameplay wise? Oh that's right, nothing!

prettier graphics and more physics, and that's IT!...thats all there is, gameplay is can as far as the developers want to take it. graphics and physics are limited to the hardware. So in reality its the Ps4 can do anything the Wii U can (if you include vita integration), but the Wii U can only do a subset of what the ps4 can.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#9nonexistingheroPosted 5/8/2013 5:58:34 AM(edited)
Pigfarts posted...
IS this a joke, they can easily make a dynasty warrior game, put 100 enemies on the screen at once and Wii U can not handle it anymore. (1oo is abitary number perhaps its 200 or 300). Its just different power level in what the hardware can handle

and its not only game its also physics of a game, hell even witch 3, looks like a early release title for ps4 and Wii U probably can't handle it.

That's just epic fail on the part of the developer. There's a PS2 game that displays more than 60k enemies. There are 360 and PS3 games that display hundreds of enemies/people at the same time.

Hell, the PS2 was already displaying 50 enemies on the same screen in the last Dynasty Warriors game and the 7th gen DW games don't look that much better. I'm amazed the Koei wasn't able to drive that number up to at least a few hundred in the 7th generation. They're using like 30% of the PS3's and Xbox 360's power at best. Probably not even 20% of the Wii U's power.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 5/8/2013 5:58:43 AM
Pigfarts posted...

prettier graphics and more physics, and that's IT!...thats all there is, gameplay is can as far as the developers want to take it. graphics and physics are limited to the hardware. So in reality its the Ps4 can do anything the Wii U can (if you include vita integration), but the Wii U can only do a subset of what the ps4 can.

http://youtu.be/-WUf5U_sEWA

A little something to check out.

And yeah, I was saying that's all the PS4 offers is prettier graphics and better physics, that's all it has over the Wii U.
---