Why is nintendo still creating video game consoles?

#11Sir_HaxorPosted 5/8/2013 10:11:57 AM
Golden Maven posted...
stekim40 posted...
Only pre-teens and fools care about which console is selling the most.

Only naive fools don't care. More sales = more support = more games, unless you're Nintendo.

ITP: People can only own one console. Get a job.
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#12VanderZooPosted 5/8/2013 10:26:44 AM
squatch22 posted...
Because ppl love Nintendo games, and they make money?

He said consoles, not games. If they didn't make their own hardware they'd sell a lot more software. Consoles just get in the way of Nintendo's main business which is games. They should still make handhelds of course, but they'd be so much more successful if they went multiplatform.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#13demesjos2Posted 5/8/2013 10:48:01 AM
They would sell so many more games going multi platform with their consul games. The Wii sold well but that was because it's gimmick caught the attention of casual players and soccer moms. My grandma bought 1 thinking the grand kids would love it, they didn't and it's collecting dust. The Wii-U hasn't captured that audience like the Wii did. The GBA sales bailed them out during the PS2/XboX/Gamecube generation and it's looking like the 3DS is keeping them alive this generation.
#14AceMosPosted 5/8/2013 10:51:36 AM
demesjos2 posted...
They would sell so many more games going multi platform with their consul games. The Wii sold well but that was because it's gimmick caught the attention of casual players and soccer moms. My grandma bought 1 thinking the grand kids would love it, they didn't and it's collecting dust. The Wii-U hasn't captured that audience like the Wii did. The GBA sales bailed them out during the PS2/XboX/Gamecube generation and it's looking like the 3DS is keeping them alive this generation.

and ppl bought a PS1 as a cheap cd player
]
a ps2 as a chepa DVD player

a ps3 as a cheap blu ray player

so with out anythign liek that what will push ps4 sales?
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#15PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/8/2013 10:52:53 AM
True answer: Platform sales net them more cash than just software alone AND....

Nintendo are control freaks. They want to have complete control over the platforms there software appears on. They want to play by there rules and there rules only, and expect any third party who develops on there platform to do the same.

To say this has caused them problems in regards to 3rd parties over the years would be an understatement.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#16Sir_HaxorPosted 5/8/2013 10:53:48 AM
Why do the other 2 companies make consoles if all they have is 3rd party support keeping them afloat?

Nintendo makes 1st party titles which brings them the majority of their profit with some 3rd party here and there. The other 2 consoles are just 3rd party machines. Why do we need them?
---
Half naked teenage demon boy is as good as it gets- MetaLoki
The Official Anguished One and Chaos Hero of the SMTIV board
#17Baha05Posted 5/8/2013 10:56:47 AM
Sir_Haxor posted...
Why do the other 2 companies make consoles if all they have is 3rd party support keeping them afloat?

Nintendo makes 1st party titles which brings them the majority of their profit with some 3rd party here and there. The other 2 consoles are just 3rd party machines. Why do we need them?

Hell why do we have video game consoles to begin with when we have PCs?

Same basic logic, all 3 make consoles for money, to create exclusive content. Maybe they all have a passion for this industry?
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#18OoSubaruoOPosted 5/8/2013 11:26:04 AM
Baha05 posted...
Sir_Haxor posted...

Hell why do we have video game consoles to begin with when we have PCs?

Same basic logic, all 3 make consoles for money, to create exclusive content. Maybe they all have a passion for this industry?

PCs don't have Zelda/Mario/Uncharted/etc.
#19Dark_guyverPosted 5/8/2013 11:28:25 AM
The day Nintendo stops making video game consoles is the day I stop gaming. I only buy Nintendo when it comes to home consoles.
---
NNID: deadly_force_01
#20RetroFanGirlPosted 5/8/2013 12:15:58 PM
Because they're the best at it.
---
Hi.