Who's more likely to go third party: Sony or Nintendo?

#1VGAddict90Posted 5/8/2013 12:20:52 PM
I mean, Nintendo has more to worry about if a console fails, because all they make are consoles and games. Sony, while having lost MUCH more money than Nintendo, has several non-gaming divisions.
#2CaptainlunaticPosted 5/8/2013 12:23:34 PM
Neither, if Sony were to lose out on the gaming industry in terms of making hardware and being a big competetor, they'd probably drop out entirely.

Nintendo doesn't have to worry about anything, not at this point, the Wii U at the worst will be another gamecube, but that doesn't mean much besides nintendo just comes in last this gen, they won't be dying or going third party because of it.
---
Tada! I'm a tomato!
#3oq7sterPosted 5/8/2013 12:26:11 PM
Neither. Nintendo could profit like hell though.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
I was addicted to Oblivion. Then Skyrim burned my gpu.
#4icarus231Posted 5/8/2013 12:27:48 PM
Captainlunatic posted...
Neither, if Sony were to lose out on the gaming industry in terms of making hardware and being a big competetor, they'd probably drop out entirely.

Nintendo doesn't have to worry about anything, not at this point, the Wii U at the worst will be another gamecube, but that doesn't mean much besides nintendo just comes in last this gen, they won't be dying or going third party because of it.

This. Sony would just sell off its ips and any related asset to pay off any losses rather then make software.
#5VernnonPosted 5/8/2013 12:29:04 PM
Neither, If it was to ever happen though I would assume both would drop out entirely... due to pride, rather then going 3rd party.
#6icarus231Posted 5/8/2013 12:31:16 PM
oq7ster posted...

Nintendo would lose money. If they sell 34 million copies of a game on their system they make more then if they sell 34 million copies on someone elses. Not to mention those 34 million people have to buy their system.
#7msunshinePosted 5/8/2013 12:31:45 PM
Sony can't go third party. The studios they own will be released from there contracts, and might continue as third party studios, but not under the sony name.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#8QlJGamerPosted 5/8/2013 12:37:03 PM
Nintendo has the strongerest gaming platform on the market..

Them going Third-Party is stupid
---
Quite Intelligent Judging
#9AceMosPosted 5/8/2013 12:37:29 PM
icarus231 posted...
oq7ster posted...

Nintendo would lose money. If they sell 34 million copies of a game on their system they make more then if they sell 34 million copies on someone elses. Not to mention those 34 million people have to buy their system.

the gamecube turned a profit for nintendo
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#10trenkenPosted 5/8/2013 12:41:40 PM
oq7ster posted...

Yeah thats why my bet is on Nintendo. Not anytime soon, but maybe in 5 years. They have lost mountains of money for 2 years in a row now.

Make a new 2D Mario game just for mobile devices, and they will be right back to using $100 bills as toilet paper again.

But when I say they go third party, I dont mean them abandoning their console business. I mean doing both. I dont think 1 little Mario game for phones would sink their console business. I think those people are actually mostly a different market than those that buy consoles to play games.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero