Who's more likely to go third party: Sony or Nintendo?

#21McMarblesPosted 5/8/2013 1:50:55 PM
oq7ster posted...
Neither. Nintendo could profit like hell though.

Why make millions of dollars when you can make billions of hundredths of pennies?
---
Currently playing: Tales of the Abyss (3DS version), Pushmo, Zelda: Link's Awakening
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#22CrystalKing5426Posted 5/8/2013 2:01:53 PM
Sony just owns studios; They don't have an internal dev team.

Nintendo has stated that if they fail in the game industry, their games are going down with them.
---
Other M is the One More Day of Metroid
Evil King of the Zelda Wii U Board
#23_Sovereign_Posted 5/8/2013 2:02:50 PM
AceMos posted...
trenken posted...
oq7ster posted...

Yeah thats why my bet is on Nintendo. Not anytime soon, but maybe in 5 years. They have lost mountains of money for 2 years in a row now.

Make a new 2D Mario game just for mobile devices, and they will be right back to using $100 bills as toilet paper again.

But when I say they go third party, I dont mean them abandoning their console business. I mean doing both. I dont think 1 little Mario game for phones would sink their console business. I think those people are actually mostly a different market than those that buy consoles to play games.

they lost money for ONE YEAR

they returend to proift this year

they lost verry little money last year

sony has lsot billions for a decade and you still think they are fine

stop having such a double standard

---
We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.
#24Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 2:03:35 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Nintendo has stated that if they fail in the game industry, their games are going down with them.

Wouldn't their investors have something to say about that?
#25art_of_the_killPosted 5/8/2013 2:08:02 PM
Faceman_ posted...
Sony doesn't develop anything. Never have, never will.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCE_Worldwide_Studios

Ignorant, much?

They won't be in the gaming industry much longer anyway

Care to bet your account on that?
---
"You've lost this argument!"
--- John Marston while lassoing/hogtying someone. Favorite quote this gen.
#26PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/8/2013 2:09:45 PM
No ones going anywhere for the foreseeable future.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#27DiscostewSMPosted 5/8/2013 2:11:38 PM
Jobocan posted...
trenken posted...
oq7ster posted...

Yeah thats why my bet is on Nintendo. Not anytime soon, but maybe in 5 years. They have lost mountains of money for 2 years in a row now.

Make a new 2D Mario game just for mobile devices, and they will be right back to using $100 bills as toilet paper again.

But when I say they go third party, I dont mean them abandoning their console business. I mean doing both. I dont think 1 little Mario game for phones would sink their console business. I think those people are actually mostly a different market than those that buy consoles to play games.

Nintendo turned a profit in the 2012 fiscal year. Way to be an uninformed troll.

Not to mention they spent around $204 million towards the construction of a new building.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#28icarus231Posted 5/8/2013 2:14:11 PM
DiscostewSM posted...
Jobocan posted...
trenken posted...
oq7ster posted...

Nintendo turned a profit in the 2012 fiscal year. Way to be an uninformed troll.

Not to mention they spent around $204 million towards the construction of a new building.

Are you crazy, dont point out logical thought here.
#29mjc0961Posted 5/8/2013 2:36:27 PM
Sony, for the simple fact that they've been losing money in multiple business areas for years and are selling buildings to bring in extra cash, whereas Nintendo has tons of Wii, DS, and 3DS money in the bank despite the slow start the Wii U is having. Even if the Wii U fails (which it won't), it's not going to bring Nintendo down with it.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.