The Pro Controller seems almost pointless...

#1Second_HokagePosted 5/8/2013 1:03:50 PM
You still need the gamepad at your side for chat. You need to use the touch screen in most games, and the pro controller doesn't have the features the gamepad does, like gyro or other motion gimmicks.

The ability to use every wii u app with the pro controller is also missing. Why does it only have to be with the gamepad? Why can't the information be displayed on the TV screen and scrollable with the pro controller?

Also, the buttons feel wrong. The buttons don't have the pressing smoothness other controllers have. The buttons feel loose, and the triggers don't feel like triggers.

Nintendo should soon release a Pro Controller 2.0 with the above mentioned features, because the current one is poor.
#2SlimeSwayzePosted 5/8/2013 1:18:30 PM
Sadly, I agree. I wished they had at least included analog triggers for when GCN games start releasing for the system. And in terms of personal preference, it has the worst layout and overall feel of any dual analog controller I have ever used, with the possible exception of the original X-Box controller.
---
Currently Playing: Too many to report.
#3FatalyzePosted 5/8/2013 1:19:15 PM
Just think: When Super Smash Bros is released, are you going to want to use your Gamepad rather than the Pro Controller? I sure as hell won't treat my Gamepad the same way I treated my Gamecube controllers.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3024-5304-6395
Nintendo Network ID: Fatalyze666
#4Faceman_Posted 5/8/2013 1:23:49 PM
Just buy that mayflash converter for the wii/wii u. Then you can play it with your GC controller as a classic controller.
#5FayeLadyPosted 5/8/2013 1:27:53 PM
I like the pro controller, but I feel we would all get more use out of it if it was provided with the system.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#6TheCelticArcherPosted 5/8/2013 1:29:19 PM
What games require touch screen controls? Most of the ones I have seen just use it as an inventory screen or show what's on the TV.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Sleeping Dogs (PS3), Banjo-Kazooie (360), Darksiders II (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#7DTY3Posted 5/8/2013 1:43:01 PM
Why does nobody understand that the Pro Controller is for multiplayer?

Or does nobody play with friends anymore?
---
Metroid Zero Mission and Super Metroid are some of the finest 2D games ever made and are the best in the series.
Metroid Fusion is pretty cool I guess.
#8Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 1:44:08 PM
DTY3 posted...
Why does nobody understand that the Pro Controller is for multiplayer?

Or does nobody play with friends anymore?

Is that your way of defending a fundamental design flaw?
#9lt519Posted 5/8/2013 2:07:42 PM
I got the Pro Controller as a gift, I literally haven't used it once. I haven't even connected it to the system. There is a serious lack of games that would benefit from it that I am interested in. I thought I'd use it for Monster Hunter, but I like having the touch screen as my map and inventory.
#10ImGanondorfLolPosted 5/8/2013 2:14:19 PM
The Pro controller is not pointless, it's going to be required for multi-player games.
But you're right that it should have been able to navigate through the Wii U menus.