The Pro Controller seems almost pointless...

#11jamie0003Posted 5/8/2013 2:16:04 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
You still need the gamepad at your side for chat. You need to use the touch screen in most games, and the pro controller doesn't have the features the gamepad does, like gyro or other motion gimmicks.

because the current one is poor.

Headset for chat?
#12jamie0003Posted 5/8/2013 2:17:25 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
The Pro controller is not pointless, it's going to be required for multi-player games.
But you're right that it should have been able to navigate through the Wii U menus.

I'm pretty sure the only Wii U app that it doesn't work with is the eShop and settings, and Nintendo added support for it for Miiverse in the last system update, so it's probably coming.
#13DiscostewSMPosted 5/8/2013 2:19:04 PM
I haven't used my Pro controller a lot for my Wii U, but I still put it to good use for my PC with a Bluetooth USB adapter and a program found on GBATemp.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-pro-controller-to-pc-program-release.343159/
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#14ZBug_Posted 5/8/2013 2:21:31 PM
I agree, they should add Gyro, and analogue triggers to the Pro controller.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#15emmonshPosted 5/8/2013 2:24:10 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
You still need the gamepad at your side for chat. You need to use the touch screen in most games, and the pro controller doesn't have the features the gamepad does, like gyro or other motion gimmicks.

The ability to use every wii u app with the pro controller is also missing. Why does it only have to be with the gamepad? Why can't the information be displayed on the TV screen and scrollable with the pro controller?

Also, the buttons feel wrong. The buttons don't have the pressing smoothness other controllers have. The buttons feel loose, and the triggers don't feel like triggers.

Nintendo should soon release a Pro Controller 2.0 with the above mentioned features, because the current one is poor.

best controller i have ever used and i have gamed since pong. gp by side for touch screen. there is not another controller made better than the pro
#16RockD79Posted 5/8/2013 2:38:14 PM
Weird. I found it rather useful. Especially when playing Assassins Creed 3 for about 30 hours and only draining half the battery.
---
Just Finished: Lego LOTR, Currently Playing: MH3U Next Up: MW3
#17vital_tundraPosted 5/8/2013 2:41:40 PM
I use it exclusively with MH. No need for the touchpad in that game.
---
I wish Blastoise was my dad. He wouldn't beat my mom like what her boyfriend, Johnny does. If Blastoise was my dad things would be different around here.
#18gameG3ni3Posted 5/8/2013 2:43:27 PM
You would all be crying if you needed to buy a second gamepad at 100$ for local multiplayer functionality...
---
("+[__]::") = love
#19kaliskonigPosted 5/8/2013 2:48:43 PM
What games actually use Gyro other then party games? Pro Controller is the best and people really need to leave the GC controller behind and get accustomed to what's new imo. How anyone can say the GC controller was better then the pro is beyond me. It's extremely comfortable and the layout is pretty much as good as it gets. The Gamepad is the WiiU's primary controler so of course single player games wil be developed around that and its capabilities. Why else do you think most games that use the Pro are ports and multiplats and for multiplayer?

It serves it's purpose well and that's to give people a traditional option when playing games that are built on standard playing styles. More games should use it sure. Like wth can't you use it with NSMBU?
#20VanderZooPosted 5/8/2013 2:51:20 PM
Second_Hokage posted...
You still need the gamepad at your side for chat.

Why? Aren't there wireless headsets.
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"