Sony: Make your last pathetic game so I can end this, Nintendo!

#11UponADarkThornePosted 5/8/2013 2:05:22 PM
I long for the day people stop giving a goddamn the sort of games that other people play.

If I buy a "next generation" console, I'll be a Wii U. Why? Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Smash Bros., X, WWHD, eventual new Zelda and a couple of multiplats like Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs.

The only thing on the PS4 I want is Witcher 3. Is that so bad?
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson
#12Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 2:07:05 PM
UponADarkThorne posted...

Your thinking process is flawed. We don't know what to expect in terms of games on the PS4, that's up to the various 3rd parties. On the Wii-U, we already have an idea because Nintendo just repeats the same song and dance every generation.
#13Prince ShondronaiPosted 5/8/2013 2:10:13 PM
GeminiX7 posted...
Nintendo: "That's right. I don't create original games. I create series that contain infinite sequels. This is the only developing style allowed for me. There's no need to be surprised. These are all remakes and sequels. As you say, these are all trifling rehashes. But there is no rule that says an rehash cannot defeat an original IP. If you say you are the best at original games, I will surpass every one of your titles and destroy your existence. Here I come, King of Consoles! Do you have enough games in stock?"

The problem is, when someone else wants to make a Nintendo game, they need to call it a new IP. Like All-Star Battle Royale instead of Super Smash Brothers, for instance.
---
One of us. One of us. One of us.
#14PalomBMPosted 5/8/2013 2:13:47 PM
Giygas! Obliterate!
---
Palom the Black Mage
#15UltimaSora91Posted 5/8/2013 2:16:42 PM
I long for the day people stop giving a goddamn the sort of games that other people play.

If I buy a "next generation" console, I'll be a Wii U. Why? Mario Kart, 3D Mario, Smash Bros., X, WWHD, eventual new Zelda and a couple of multiplats like Arkham Origins and Watch Dogs.

*Claps.

On the PS4 I do want Infamous SS. Gotta see what else they have in store for next year.
---
On July 29th, 2012 at 1:56 am, almost two years after the launch of BBS, I defeated Mysterious Figure with Terra!
3DS: 4768-7461-8649
#16Oni_TaedoPosted 5/8/2013 2:22:31 PM
Nintendo: "With the CD-I Zelda's in the wastebasket, I combine all three to release a game of equal blandness, look in terror Sony, as I release the Legend of Zelda, Skyward SWORD!"

Sony: "You just fell for my trap, Nintendo. Only I can release games THAT bad. I'll counter your Skyward Sword with Uncharted, and chain that to God of War."

Nintendo: "You see, I was anticipating that all along. Your God of War can't compare to Metroid: Other M."

Microsoft: "Hey guys, can I play?"

Sony: "Ugh... who invited him? Whenever we play 'Who has the worst exclusives', he ALWAYS wins."

Nintendo: "I... I thought you invited Microsoft. "

Sega *in the corner*: "Oh, uh... sorry. That was me. We were going to join forces and release Shenmue III, as a Kinect game. It'll have Streets of Rage II as a mini game, but you can only play it by placing the Kinect on the ground, and stomping on it."
---
TvC Friend Code: 4598-2098-0537
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
#17VanderZooPosted 5/8/2013 2:37:40 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
LOL @ Earthbound selling units.

The Mother fanbase in a nutshell: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKie-vgUGdI

LOL!!!
---
Man of Steel - 14.06.13
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards"
#18Numbuh100(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 2:37:41 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Nintendo: "With the CD-I Zelda's in the wastebasket, I combine all three to release a game of equal blandness, look in terror Sony, as I release the Legend of Zelda, Skyward SWORD!"

Sony: "You just fell for my trap, Nintendo. Only I can release games THAT bad. I'll counter your Skyward Sword with Uncharted, and chain that to God of War."

Nintendo: "You see, I was anticipating that all along. Your God of War can't compare to Metroid: Other M."

Microsoft: "Hey guys, can I play?"

Sony: "Ugh... who invited him? Whenever we play 'Who has the worst exclusives', he ALWAYS wins."

Nintendo: "I... I thought you invited Microsoft. "

Sega *in the corner*: "Oh, uh... sorry. That was me. We were going to join forces and release Shenmue III, as a Kinect game. It'll have Streets of Rage II as a mini game, but you can only play it by placing the Kinect on the ground, and stomping on it."

lol Sega.
---
Waiting for: Pokemon X and Y, Project X Zone
BELIEVE IN THE SHIELD!
#19GeminiX7Posted 5/8/2013 2:52:32 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...
GeminiX7 posted...
Nintendo: "That's right. I don't create original games. I create series that contain infinite sequels. This is the only developing style allowed for me. There's no need to be surprised. These are all remakes and sequels. As you say, these are all trifling rehashes. But there is no rule that says an rehash cannot defeat an original IP. If you say you are the best at original games, I will surpass every one of your titles and destroy your existence. Here I come, King of Consoles! Do you have enough games in stock?"

The problem is, when someone else wants to make a Nintendo game, they need to call it a new IP. Like All-Star Battle Royale instead of Super Smash Brothers, for instance.

Whoosh... :(
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#20UponADarkThornePosted 5/8/2013 2:55:14 PM
Golden Maven posted...

Your thinking process is flawed. We don't know what to expect in terms of games on the PS4, that's up to the various 3rd parties. On the Wii-U, we already have an idea because Nintendo just repeats the same song and dance every generation.

Thing is, this generation didn't impress me very much. Outside of handhelds, there were very few games that I felt were great games; the Witcher series, the Batman: Arkham games, the first Mass Effect, Fallout: New Vegas... That's about it.

At the same time, while Nintendo hasn't managed to make a Mario game better than Super Mario Bros. 3 or a Zelda game better than Link to the Past or Windwaker, I can't say that I didn't at least enjoy titles from the big Nintendo franchises. Knowing what to expect is also knowing I won't likely be disappointed.

I don't know. Maybe I'm not a hardcore game, I really only enjoy RPGs, platformers, and Zelda-style action-adventures after all. Or maybe, it's because I more than one hobby so I have to buy games and consoles I know I'll play a lot rather than one's I might... But... *Shrugs.*
---
http://www.last.fm/user/wolfbornson