Does Miyamoto always put the player first?

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 5/8/2013 1:13:34 PM
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=202148
---
My response to trolls; GET A JOB!!!
#2Shiggy_MiyamotoPosted 5/8/2013 1:16:14 PM
Yes I do.
---
Yeah I made Mario. You might have heard of it.
#3TheCelticArcherPosted 5/8/2013 1:17:12 PM
The games usually has a fun factor that is kind of hard to explain. Even some of my friends, who hate the Wii and most things Nintendo, love Super Mario Galaxy.
---
Currently playing: Pokemon Black 2, Dota 2, Banjo-Kazooie (360), Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U), & Need for Speed Most Wanted U.
#4Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 1:19:25 PM
He sort of does. He's not concerned with some pretentious story, he focuses on the gameplay mechanics. His choice of themes are sometimes out of touch though, like Pikmin...
#5Shiggy_MiyamotoPosted 5/8/2013 1:22:04 PM
Golden Maven posted...
He sort of does. He's not concerned with some pretentious story, he focuses on the gameplay mechanics. His choice of themes are sometimes out of touch though, like Pikmin...

Whats wrong with Pikmin?
---
Yeah I made Mario. You might have heard of it.
#6Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 1:25:17 PM
I don't think Pikmin is something that entices the masses. It remains a bit of a niche title, and I'm sure Miyamoto treats it as a pet project anyway. I personally think Pikmin is a waste of time for Nintendo, especially today. They should be focusing on franchises with some spark.
#7_Taidow_Posted 5/8/2013 1:26:31 PM
Golden Maven posted...
I don't think Pikmin is something that entices the masses. It remains a bit of a niche title, and I'm sure Miyamoto treats it as a pet project anyway. I personally think Pikmin is a waste of time for Nintendo, especially today. They should be focusing on franchises with some spark.

I couldn't take that seriously. Thanks for the laugh.
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#8Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 1:28:23 PM
OK. Well I'm sure Pikmin 3 will put the Wii-U on the map.
#9_Taidow_Posted 5/8/2013 1:41:39 PM
Golden Maven posted...

Pikmin whether you like it or not is a growing franchise.

GameCube
- Pikmin
- Pikmin 2
- Cameos in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Pikmin) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (Olimar and Pikmin)

Wii
- New Play Control! Pikmin
- Nintendo Selects! Pimin 2 (New Play Control in Japan)
- Olimar and Pikmin playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a stage, Distant Planet
- Pikmin 3 was originally goign to be a Wii title, moved to Wii U to take advanage of the Wii U capabilities.
- Cameo in Super Mario Galaxy (Olimar's Ship)

Wii U
- Wii to Wii U transfer is a bunch of Pikmin.
- Pikmin Adventure is an attraction in Nintendo Land.
- Pikmin 3
- Pikmin 3 was the opener of the E3 2012 Conference.

3DS
- Miyamoto will release Pikmin animated shorts on the eShop prior to Pikmin 3's release.

Probably missing a few but inclusions in SSBB and Nintendo Land have increased it's popularity. Many new people are willing to try Pikmin 3 and a lot of people got a Wii U specifically for Pikmin 3.

It isn't Miyamoto's pet project. It's actually Nintendo's most recent franchise other than the "Wii Series."
---
"The answer to a question I never asked." - Bridget Tice
#10Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 2:15:30 PM(edited)
Golden Maven posted...

Pikmin whether you like it or not is a growing franchise.

GameCube
- Pikmin
- Pikmin 2
- Cameos in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Pikmin) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (Olimar and Pikmin)

Wii
- New Play Control! Pikmin
- Nintendo Selects! Pimin 2 (New Play Control in Japan)
- Olimar and Pikmin playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a stage, Distant Planet
- Pikmin 3 was originally goign to be a Wii title, moved to Wii U to take advanage of the Wii U capabilities.
- Cameo in Super Mario Galaxy (Olimar's Ship)

Wii U
- Wii to Wii U transfer is a bunch of Pikmin.
- Pikmin Adventure is an attraction in Nintendo Land.
- Pikmin 3
- Pikmin 3 was the opener of the E3 2012 Conference.

3DS
- Miyamoto will release Pikmin animated shorts on the eShop prior to Pikmin 3's release.

Probably missing a few but inclusions in SSBB and Nintendo Land have increased it's popularity. Many new people are willing to try Pikmin 3 and a lot of people got a Wii U specifically for Pikmin 3.

It isn't Miyamoto's pet project. It's actually Nintendo's most recent franchise other than the "Wii Series."

The sales of Pikmin games have been going down despite the much larger audience they had on the Wii.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg