Does Miyamoto always put the player first?

#31Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 5:36:59 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Silly fanboys with their constant insults.

I spy with my little eye a hypocrite.

Fanboy is not an insult.

Neither is kettle. Don't be so quick to feel insulted by those you feel are "bitter."

Oh did you think I was talking about you? I was paying you no mind, it was the actual insults I was referring to.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#32Erk2225Posted 5/8/2013 5:39:18 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Fanboy is not an insult.

Neither is kettle. Don't be so quick to feel insulted by those you feel are "bitter."

Oh did you think I was talking about you? I was paying you no mind, it was the actual insults I was referring to.

You did say insults and no one else did quote you. Either way I'm only trying to give advice.
---
Best Topic Ever: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65673888
#33zatOMGPosted 5/8/2013 5:40:20 PM
_Taidow_ posted...
Golden Maven posted...
I don't think Pikmin is something that entices the masses. It remains a bit of a niche title, and I'm sure Miyamoto treats it as a pet project anyway. I personally think Pikmin is a waste of time for Nintendo, especially today. They should be focusing on franchises with some spark.

I couldn't take that seriously. Thanks for the laugh.

My sentiments exactly.

Pikmin, along with Animal Crossing, brought my wife into gaming. Now she plays games like Harvest Moon, Scribblenauts, and even the easier Zelda games.
#34Number_0nePosted 5/8/2013 5:40:51 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Fanboy is not an insult.

He's not saying it is. He's saying you're a fanboy.
---
You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
#35Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 5:43:31 PM
You did say insults and no one else did quote you

Oh so you think that means no when else was directing their posts at me? If you can't understand a conversation feel free not to enter it :)

Well then if that is the case, his post makes no sense.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#36Baha05Posted 5/8/2013 5:45:09 PM
Fanboy while not an actual insult can be used AS an insult.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#37Erk2225Posted 5/8/2013 5:46:10 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
You did say insults and no one else did quote you

Oh so you think that means no when else was directing their posts at me? If you can't understand a conversation feel free not to enter it :)

Well then if that is the case, his post makes no sense.

You posted once and were quoted twice before you complained about insults. Not that mine was, which was the point. Note the plural. If that was a mistake that's fine. Not sure why you're getting so defensive, but whatever floats your boat.
---
Best Topic Ever: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65673888
#38Jacob46719Posted 5/8/2013 5:46:46 PM
Shiggy_Miyamoto posted...
Yes I do.

haha
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#39David80008Posted 5/8/2013 5:48:09 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
OK. Well I'm sure Pikmin 3 will put the Wii-U on the map.

Pikmin whether you like it or not is a growing franchise.

GameCube
- Pikmin
- Pikmin 2
- Cameos in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Pikmin) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (Olimar and Pikmin)

Wii
- New Play Control! Pikmin
- Nintendo Selects! Pimin 2 (New Play Control in Japan)
- Olimar and Pikmin playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a stage, Distant Planet
- Pikmin 3 was originally goign to be a Wii title, moved to Wii U to take advanage of the Wii U capabilities.
- Cameo in Super Mario Galaxy (Olimar's Ship)

Wii U
- Wii to Wii U transfer is a bunch of Pikmin.
- Pikmin Adventure is an attraction in Nintendo Land.
- Pikmin 3
- Pikmin 3 was the opener of the E3 2012 Conference.

3DS
- Miyamoto will release Pikmin animated shorts on the eShop prior to Pikmin 3's release.

Probably missing a few but inclusions in SSBB and Nintendo Land have increased it's popularity. Many new people are willing to try Pikmin 3 and a lot of people got a Wii U specifically for Pikmin 3.

It isn't Miyamoto's pet project. It's actually Nintendo's most recent franchise other than the "Wii Series."

The sales of Pikmin games have been going down despite the much larger audience they had on the Wii.

Is it possible that many GCN/Wii owners who are fans already own both on the Gamecube(Superior versions imo)? Could this contribute to lower sales?

Can't imagine GTA: San Andreas has sold 17.33 Million copies on PSTWO Classics on PSN.

Pikmin is great. I prefer the first to the second but both quality titles, Pikmin 1 is probably in my Gamecube top 3-5.
---
Let the record show that I'm a gaming atheist!
Do a barrel roll!
#40Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 5:49:15 PM
You posted once and were quoted twice before you complained about insults

I already told you I was not talking about you. I didn't mean to rile you up with my post, you can get back to whatever it was you were doing/posting.
---