Does Miyamoto always put the player first?

#41Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 5:51:57 PM
Is it possible that many GCN/Wii owners who are fans already own both on the Gamecube(Superior versions imo)? Could this contribute to lower sales?

As low as the gamecube versions sales were, I don't see how that would be the reason for the horribly low sales of the wii version with its muuuuch larger user base.

Can't imagine GTA: San Andreas has sold 17.33 Million copies on PSTWO Classics on PSN.

That is because GTA: SA was released to a huge audience and PS2 and sold a huge amount of copies, neither of those things apply to pikmin.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#42Erk2225Posted 5/8/2013 5:52:01 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
You posted once and were quoted twice before you complained about insults

I already told you I was not talking about you. I didn't mean to rile you up with my post, you can get back to whatever it was you were doing/posting.

Sure. Not riled, but whatever.
---
Best Topic Ever: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/65673888
#43Golden MavenPosted 5/8/2013 6:12:25 PM
ImGanondorfLol posted...
People always criticize Nintendo for milking Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, and now you're saying they're wasting their time when they're focusing on a newer franchise that has only had 2 titles and hasn't had a new game in 8-9 years?

I'm not one of those people. If Nintendo wants to make a ground-breaking Mario and Zelda, I'm all for it. Hell, imagine a Pokemon MMO. That would certainly give the Wii-U a tremendous boost.

zatOMG posted...
My sentiments exactly.

Pikmin, along with Animal Crossing, brought my wife into gaming. Now she plays games like Harvest Moon, Scribblenauts, and even the easier Zelda games.

We can deal with personal anecdotes, or we can deal with sale figures. I pick sale figures over your life story.
#44David80008Posted 5/8/2013 6:21:43 PM
Golden Maven posted...
ImGanondorfLol posted...
People always criticize Nintendo for milking Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon, and now you're saying they're wasting their time when they're focusing on a newer franchise that has only had 2 titles and hasn't had a new game in 8-9 years?

I'm not one of those people. If Nintendo wants to make a ground-breaking Mario and Zelda, I'm all for it. Hell, imagine a Pokemon MMO. That would certainly give the Wii-U a tremendous boost.

zatOMG posted...
My sentiments exactly.

Pikmin, along with Animal Crossing, brought my wife into gaming. Now she plays games like Harvest Moon, Scribblenauts, and even the easier Zelda games.

We can deal with personal anecdotes, or we can deal with sale figures. I pick sale figures over your life story.

Sales figures are an issue for Nintendo, not the consumer. Quality product is our concern and Pikmin has a real good track record in my opinion. Two solid games. Pikmin 3 should be good.
---
Let the record show that I'm a gaming atheist!
Do a barrel roll!
#45zoogelioPosted 5/8/2013 6:43:55 PM
Can someone add up all the sales of games Miyamoto was heavily involved in and then add up the sales of all the games Cliff Brzsdsdfsdffsndsski and every other self-important attention whore developer that whines in gaming articles every other week to see how each of them stack up to Miyamoto's track record? One would have to find a way to include Donkey Kong and other arcade games too. The profits from those filled Nintendo's coffers to make the Famicom/NES. His creativity seems to be what really made Nintendo what it's been since the 1980s (not to downplay the contributions of Yokoi, Takeda, Uemura, and the co-directors who often work with Miyamoto, particularly since it's been like 20 years since he's been the lone head of a game's development).
#46Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 7:08:51 PM
Can someone add up all the sales of games Miyamoto was heavily involved in and then add up the sales of all the games Cliff Brzsdsdfsdffsndsski and every other self-important attention whore developer that whines in gaming articles every other week to see how each of them stack up to Miyamoto's track record? One would have to find a way to include Donkey Kong and other arcade games too. The profits from those filled Nintendo's coffers to make the Famicom/NES. His creativity seems to be what really made Nintendo what it's been since the 1980s (not to downplay the contributions of Yokoi, Takeda, Uemura, and the co-directors who often work with Miyamoto, particularly since it's been like 20 years since he's been the lone head of a game's development).

Yes we all know Miyamoto is a has been.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#47AceMosPosted 5/8/2013 7:23:55 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

games he works on still out sell almost every thing else
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#48Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 5/8/2013 10:42:43 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Taylor Swift and Lil Wayne outsell everything. Sales must = quality
---
#49AceMosPosted 5/8/2013 10:48:28 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Golden Maven posted...
OK. Well I'm sure Pikmin 3 will put the Wii-U on the map.

Pikmin whether you like it or not is a growing franchise.

GameCube
- Pikmin
- Pikmin 2
- Cameos in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour (Pikmin) and Super Smash Bros. Melee (Olimar and Pikmin)

Wii
- New Play Control! Pikmin
- Nintendo Selects! Pimin 2 (New Play Control in Japan)
- Olimar and Pikmin playable in Super Smash Bros. Brawl with a stage, Distant Planet
- Pikmin 3 was originally goign to be a Wii title, moved to Wii U to take advanage of the Wii U capabilities.
- Cameo in Super Mario Galaxy (Olimar's Ship)

Wii U
- Wii to Wii U transfer is a bunch of Pikmin.
- Pikmin Adventure is an attraction in Nintendo Land.
- Pikmin 3
- Pikmin 3 was the opener of the E3 2012 Conference.

3DS
- Miyamoto will release Pikmin animated shorts on the eShop prior to Pikmin 3's release.

Probably missing a few but inclusions in SSBB and Nintendo Land have increased it's popularity. Many new people are willing to try Pikmin 3 and a lot of people got a Wii U specifically for Pikmin 3.

It isn't Miyamoto's pet project. It's actually Nintendo's most recent franchise other than the "Wii Series."

The sales of Pikmin games have been going down despite the much larger audience they had on the Wii.

but kirby you mentioned sales earlier in this topic

why the flip flop
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#50zoogelioPosted 5/8/2013 11:05:05 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Taylor Swift and Lil Wayne outsell everything. Sales must = quality

Are those two going to be going platinum for decades? Sales do not necessarily equal quality, but sales do = success. Quality is subjective. When measuring greatness in the industry, sales particularly over years and years will determine it. And LOL, since when has Miyamoto had a track record of producing crappy games? Sounds like someone who is resentful Miyamoto ever made a game. Gee, I wonder what the video game industry would be like if Miyamoto never made Mario and Nintendo never made the Famicom/NES.