15 upcoming EA games that Wii U is not getting.

#11mistermerkPosted 5/8/2013 2:49:32 PM
Obviously part of the reason is financial—the Wii U does not have the install base to risk a lot of time/money optimizing this engine for the Wii U. But a huge reason is also the Wii U being pathetically weak for a "Next Gen" console. If it were more comparable to what the PS4/720 will offer it could save developers time/money on running the engine by "Brute-forcing" its way through for at least a comparable version of whatever game the 720/PS4 will have. Keep in mind the PS4/720 have install bases of ZERO and they'll be getting these games, so obviously a huge issue is the Wii U's lack of power.

Developers have been working on their next gen engines for years now and they are ready to move onto more powerful machines. Yeah the PS3/360 will continue to get supported for a while, but that's because they have combined install bases of 150 million (and growing). The Wii U does not have that going for it and that's the reason why Nintendo had to make the Wii U much more comparable to the 720/PS4 in specs if it was serious about getting third-party support.
#12The_BoredomsPosted 5/8/2013 2:49:43 PM
EA might as well just close up shop. It's obvious that people continue to buy their games in droves, but it would seem as though nobody is playing them.
#13AsuirPosted 5/8/2013 2:51:12 PM
There's a wide array of games being developed at EA and the fact that you guys hate them all is quite sad.

I mean, it makes perfect sense, right? Just because you don't want to play any of those 15 games means no one else does.
---
Ftw!
#14SegavsCapcomPosted 5/8/2013 2:52:48 PM
I'm not concerned. But I am interested in what the other 12 games are.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
#15lordsofshadowPosted 5/8/2013 2:54:34 PM
3rd party support looking even worse then the wii .. smh
#16GQVikesFanPosted 5/8/2013 2:56:35 PM
Asuir posted...
There's a wide array of games being developed at EA and the fact that you guys hate them all is quite sad.

I mean, it makes perfect sense, right? Just because you don't want to play any of those 15 games means no one else does.

Eh, I bought a WiiU to play exclusive games made for the WiiU like Nintendo's first party titles. If I want to play those other "15" games then I'd play them on the other systems.
#17Maxx_the_SlashPosted 5/8/2013 2:59:01 PM(edited)
Gavin_Rozee posted...
Because of the whole "Frostbite no like Wii U" excuse.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-05-08-wii-u-to-miss-out-on-15-ea-games-using-frostbite-engine-3

Thoughts? Opinions? Prayers?

Thoughts: EA wouldn't port any of those games to the Wii U anyway because Nintendo doesn't want Origin integration on their console when Nintendo has their own eShop to fill every role Origin could possibly offer.

Opinions: No big loss.

Prayers: I wish God would send me a double baconator. Ima hungry.
---
Opie & Anthony | Ron & Fez, XM 105/Sirius 206
XBL: Maxx the Slash | PSN: Maxx_the_Slash | 3DS: 3222-5637-7984 | Wii U: Maxx_the_Slash
#18DiscostewSMPosted 5/8/2013 2:59:29 PM
mistermerk posted...
Obviously part of the reason is financial—the Wii U does not have the install base to risk a lot of time/money optimizing this engine for the Wii U. But a huge reason is also the Wii U being pathetically weak for a "Next Gen" console. If it were more comparable to what the PS4/720 will offer it could save developers time/money on running the engine by "Brute-forcing" its way through for at least a comparable version of whatever game the 720/PS4 will have. Keep in mind the PS4/720 have install bases of ZERO and they'll be getting these games, so obviously a huge issue is the Wii U's lack of power.

Developers have been working on their next gen engines for years now and they are ready to move onto more powerful machines. Yeah the PS3/360 will continue to get supported for a while, but that's because they have combined install bases of 150 million (and growing). The Wii U does not have that going for it and that's the reason why Nintendo had to make the Wii U much more comparable to the 720/PS4 in specs if it was serious about getting third-party support.

Crytek had Crysis 3 so far into development on the Wii U that they could have literally slapped the game onto the eShop and started making some money, but EA said no. The development cost had already been spent, so this isn't an issue with money, nor is it about the Wii U's assumed lack of power, based on their reports that the game ran smoothly. This is EA getting their panties in a bunch because they didn't get what they wanted.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#19AiddonPosted 5/8/2013 3:03:08 PM
DiscostewSM posted...

Crytek had Crysis 3 so far into development on the Wii U that they could have literally slapped the game onto the eShop and started making some money, but EA said no. The development cost had already been spent, so this isn't an issue with money, nor is it about the Wii U's assumed lack of power, based on their reports that the game ran smoothly. This is EA getting their panties in a bunch because they didn't get what they wanted.

Pretty much and their reaction thus far has been childish, unprofessional, and petty. This is utterly ridiculous. Just what exactly did Nintendo deny them that they basically throw a tantrum?
#20snae99Posted 5/8/2013 3:03:45 PM
Don't care. I've been boycotting EA since the atrocity that was Mass Effect 3.
---
Currently playing: Dark Souls and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
GOTY so far: Fire Emblem Awakening