Your reaction: Wii U gets a 150 price cut, GamePad no longer included

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your reaction: Wii U gets a 150 price cut, GamePad no longer included

User Info: VRX3000

3 years ago#11
That would be completely stupid. Now there is even less reason for people to want a Wii U. You basically just said to remove the second screen from the DS. That defeats the point of the system.
I'm really starting to think mods hate me.'s official now.

User Info: NeoN1976

3 years ago#12
I'd be soooo pissed if they did that bc I feel all focus would be lost for serious gamepad support
(message deleted)

User Info: Atalalama

3 years ago#14
TC Bad idea is Bad.
Find a way to make the Screentroller cheaper (without loss of fabrication quality, etc.), drop price to go with manufacturing savings.

Drop price of Wiimote & Nunchuk. There is NO reason for it to be $40. It's the same damned thing as what was used on the Wii, just in WiiU packaging. Pack it in.

Dump the Nintendo Land pack-in for the Black console. It's a piece of crap anyway.

Advertise Wii game upscaling with Backward Compatibility. Ensure to thumb nose at Sony/Microsoft for not doing so with their new systems.

Look at the services Microsoft & Sony are offering with their respective systems. Copy/Paste.

Release a "killer app" game with these changes. Release another killer first party game every 2 or 3 months thereafter for the next 6-9 months (at least). Get people's attention, get their money. Third Party devs/publishers will follow suit.
"It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?"
Natephil - Do you not poop?

User Info: Gavin_Rozee

3 years ago#15
I wanted to find out how important the GamePad was for the Wii U in GFAQer's eyes, without directly asking.

I must say I'm surprised that virtually everyone hates the idea of a GamePad-less Wii U.,
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.

User Info: Sable_Knight

3 years ago#16
Nintendo's current strategy is viable. This? Would easily kill any product on the market.
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)

User Info: elheber

3 years ago#17
That would be a terribad idea. One of the worst I've ever read. Though sadly, I've read it many times before.
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |

User Info: Captainlunatic

3 years ago#18
The Wii U would die once and for all, not including the controller needed to operate the system is just plain stupid.
Tada! I'm a tomato!

User Info: Jacob46719

3 years ago#19
Gavin_Rozee posted...
The GamePad will now be treated as an add-on accessory. A large amount of games will still use it, but it isn't required.

Pro Controller and Wii Remote will now be the main Wii U controllers.

White Wii U comes with a Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk.

Black Wii U comes with a Wii Remote Plus, Nunchuk and Pro Controller.

GamePads are available separately or as a Wii Play style pack-in with Nintendo Land 2.

Wii U Ambassador program for anyone who has or does buy the Wii U with a GamePad in the box until all stock of them is gone: 10 GBA games for white Wii U owners, 10 GBA and 5 N64 games for black Wii U owners.

not ever gonna happen.
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

User Info: FayeLady

3 years ago#20
That would be a nice optional bundle, but 150 for the game pad seems a bit extreme. A Nexus 7 is only 200 and thats fully functional without another device.
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your reaction: Wii U gets a 150 price cut, GamePad no longer included

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived