Your reaction: Wii U gets a 150 price cut, GamePad no longer included

#11VRX3000Posted 5/8/2013 5:04:27 PM
That would be completely stupid. Now there is even less reason for people to want a Wii U. You basically just said to remove the second screen from the DS. That defeats the point of the system.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#12NeoN1976Posted 5/8/2013 5:11:58 PM
I'd be soooo pissed if they did that bc I feel all focus would be lost for serious gamepad support
#13Zero280Posted 5/8/2013 5:13:49 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#14AtalalamaPosted 5/8/2013 5:16:01 PM
TC Bad idea is Bad.
~~~~~~~~
Find a way to make the Screentroller cheaper (without loss of fabrication quality, etc.), drop price to go with manufacturing savings.

Drop price of Wiimote & Nunchuk. There is NO reason for it to be $40. It's the same damned thing as what was used on the Wii, just in WiiU packaging. Pack it in.

Dump the Nintendo Land pack-in for the Black console. It's a piece of crap anyway.

Advertise Wii game upscaling with Backward Compatibility. Ensure to thumb nose at Sony/Microsoft for not doing so with their new systems.

Look at the services Microsoft & Sony are offering with their respective systems. Copy/Paste.

Release a "killer app" game with these changes. Release another killer first party game every 2 or 3 months thereafter for the next 6-9 months (at least). Get people's attention, get their money. Third Party devs/publishers will follow suit.
---
"It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?"
Natephil - Do you not poop?
#15Gavin_Rozee(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 5:18:41 PM
I wanted to find out how important the GamePad was for the Wii U in GFAQer's eyes, without directly asking.

I must say I'm surprised that virtually everyone hates the idea of a GamePad-less Wii U.,
---
Wii U Nintendo Network ID: "Gavintendo".
3DS Friend Code: 3625 8479 9870.
#16usaamahlinkPosted 5/8/2013 5:19:58 PM
Nintendo's current strategy is viable. This? Would easily kill any product on the market.
---
Currently playing: Chrono Trigger, The Last Story, Vandal Hearts, Zelda-ALttP, Xenoblade Chronicles, Age of Empires II - The Conquerors. SSB Brawl <-(always)
#17elheberPosted 5/8/2013 5:28:53 PM
That would be a terribad idea. One of the worst I've ever read. Though sadly, I've read it many times before.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#18CaptainlunaticPosted 5/8/2013 5:29:54 PM
The Wii U would die once and for all, not including the controller needed to operate the system is just plain stupid.
---
Tada! I'm a tomato!
#19Jacob46719Posted 5/8/2013 5:38:01 PM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
The GamePad will now be treated as an add-on accessory. A large amount of games will still use it, but it isn't required.

Pro Controller and Wii Remote will now be the main Wii U controllers.

White Wii U comes with a Wii Remote Plus and Nunchuk.

Black Wii U comes with a Wii Remote Plus, Nunchuk and Pro Controller.

GamePads are available separately or as a Wii Play style pack-in with Nintendo Land 2.

Wii U Ambassador program for anyone who has or does buy the Wii U with a GamePad in the box until all stock of them is gone: 10 GBA games for white Wii U owners, 10 GBA and 5 N64 games for black Wii U owners.

not ever gonna happen.
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#20FayeLadyPosted 5/8/2013 5:42:36 PM
That would be a nice optional bundle, but 150 for the game pad seems a bit extreme. A Nexus 7 is only 200 and thats fully functional without another device.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.