Please name one thing the WII U did that helped this generation of gaming

#11nativeboi85(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 3:50:10 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
nativeboi85 posted...
let me put it this way, what did the WII U uniquely do that advanced this generation of gaming, not something else a system has already done or did. A game with good online doesnt count seeing as PS3 and XBOX 360 especially the XBOX made online console gaming better.

I remember all those other home consoles with Miiverse and a controller that brings in a new type of gameplay and has the potential to remove screen clutter.

Okay ill give the WII U the split screen clutter but the miiverse really is just a much more PS home.
#12NintendoMan87Posted 5/8/2013 3:52:55 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
not even the wii u was really the first to do that...to be fair if you wanna talk about first the ps3 and the vita kinda did it wii u just more revolved around it.

Your agenda is becoming much more clear, mah boi
---
SuperNintendoDisney
#13AhnoldDoodPosted 5/8/2013 3:52:56 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
nativeboi85 posted...
let me put it this way, what did the WII U uniquely do that advanced this generation of gaming, not something else a system has already done or did. A game with good online doesnt count seeing as PS3 and XBOX 360 especially the XBOX made online console gaming better.

I remember all those other home consoles with Miiverse and a controller that brings in a new type of gameplay and has the potential to remove screen clutter.

Okay ill give the WII U the split screen clutter but the miiverse really is just a much more PS home.

Do you even have a Wii U.
#14MasterPokerPosted 5/8/2013 3:55:00 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
let me put it this way, what did the Wii U's reliable Nintendo Network uniquely do that advanced this generation of gaming, not something else a system has already done or did. A game with good online doesnt count seeing as giving out personal info to hackers and paying Microsoft for the right to use your own internet connection in peer to peer gaming especially the Xbox Live being down so often made online console gaming better.

---
http://www.lostlabyrinth.com - Free, addicting rogue-based game
Ranked 1st, survived the dungeon: Xuande
#15vidalmorazaPosted 5/8/2013 3:57:44 PM
I dunno if is new, but I like how you can in some games (or at least AC3) send ALL HUD elements to the gamepad and have a clean image in the tv:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/photo_zps406af8fc.jpg
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#16Reflex-ArcPosted 5/8/2013 3:58:09 PM
It brought us Nintendo titles in HD on Nintendo hardware for the first time. That's good enough for me.
---
Edifica adversario tuo aureum pons ad receptum trans
#17Pac12345Posted 5/8/2013 4:01:20 PM
I would say that. so far, the Wii U introduced a direct way for players to communicate with developers. You may think that Facebok and Twitter did it before, but Miiverse actually brings the people with the actual purchasing interest (Money) together in one place.

If the relelase of EarthBound for North America is a sign of things to come, then we can expect an era of gaming where gamers will be actually empowered to demand quality games from developers, and will allow developers to gain insight of what players want, don't want, and expect from them.
#18NewbiusPosted 5/8/2013 4:03:44 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...
nativeboi85 posted...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESuWnNW5H7o
#19Warmonger222Posted 5/8/2013 4:19:13 PM
Why are you guys responding to this? Everything innovative they did here was supposedly 'done already' or 'not a big deal'
---
CoD claims to be M for Mature, but it is really M for Manchildren - Emerald_Melios
#20overkillwfo1978Posted 5/8/2013 4:19:28 PM
The gamepad is awesome. I did not buy a Wii because of non-HD and motion controls. I bought a Wii U because it is HD capable and the gamepad is a much, much better control system.

People always seem to focus on graphics. I have a PC with a 680 in it currently and a ton of backlogged games on Steam that I can easily max out, spec wise. It is collecting dust while I soar past 300+ hours on MH3U. To me, HD capable is good enough... not everything has to be top of the line, maxed out, 1080p/60fps. Great games can be made with less powerful hardware.
---
trolling gamefaqs is like farming village great jaggi with g rank weapons-Vandyan