Please name one thing the WII U did that helped this generation of gaming

#21ZBug_Posted 5/8/2013 5:17:23 PM
AhnoldDood posted...
Asymmetric (multiplayer) gameplay

Splinter Cell (Starting with Pandora Tomorrow) has been doing Asymmetrical gameplay for awhile. They starting doing it before people even really knew what it was, and they did it damn well.
Other popular games that do asymmetrical gameplay well, include but are not limited to, Left for Dead, and Natural Selection.

My point being, asymmetrical gameplay has been around for awhile, and Nintendo has done pretty much nothing to further advance the idea. In fact their version of asymmetric gameplay is player 2 placing platforms for player 1.
So honestly, as much as I like the Wii U, even though it claims to be all about the asymmetrical gameplay, it does it worse then games from 9 years ago.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#22AhnoldDoodPosted 5/8/2013 5:22:36 PM
ZBug_ posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

Splinter Cell (Starting with Pandora Tomorrow) has been doing Asymmetrical gameplay for awhile. They starting doing it before people even really knew what it was, and they did it damn well.
Other popular games that do asymmetrical gameplay well, include but are not limited to, Left for Dead, and Natural Selection.

My point being, asymmetrical gameplay has been around for awhile, and Nintendo has done pretty much nothing to further advance the idea. In fact their version of asymmetric gameplay is player 2 placing platforms for player 1.
So honestly, as much as I like the Wii U, even though it claims to be all about the asymmetrical gameplay, it does it worse then games from 9 years ago.

HAHAHA! Do me a favor, grab some friends, get a Wii U, and play some Nintendo Land.
#23LightHawKnightPosted 5/8/2013 5:26:01 PM
SMT x FE. That is all.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#24ZBug_Posted 5/8/2013 5:32:53 PM(edited)
AhnoldDood posted...
ZBug_ posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

HAHAHA! Do me a favor, grab some friends, get a Wii U, and play some Nintendo Land.

I have. I played Nintendo Land with 5 people on numerous occasions. My original post still stands.
If you think Nintendo Lands Multi is more asymmetrical then the games I mentioned above: You are delusional, or have not played them.
Note: This isn't a matter of opinion, I didn't say Nintendo Land wasn't more fun then those other games, or vice versa. I said those other games multiplayers are more asymmetric. And that is true.
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)
#25oshawott4everPosted 5/8/2013 5:49:21 PM
SuperShadowAce posted...
Having Kerfuffle. A Smash Bros with good online. The 3DS version won't.

I really hope they don't **** up the online or netcode.

Take bits and pieces of other Fighting game's online and shape them together to make Smash Bro Wii U's online.
#26Jack_the_monke7Posted 5/8/2013 5:52:43 PM
TC is clearly just here to hate on the Wii U and shoot down all of the reasonable things we suggest, all the while subtly suggesting his (false) view that the Wii U is an 8th gen console. Nothing to see here folks.
---
King Boo for Super Smash Bros.
Spread the word, show your support
#27kayoticdreamzPosted 5/8/2013 5:53:41 PM
the wii u made a new generation of trolls. isnt that the greatest contribution any console can make???