Would you buy a hd gamepad?

#1Murderstorm117Posted 5/8/2013 5:33:50 PM
I would if it had a battery life longer than 3 hours. It can be hard to go back to playing with the wii u gamepad after playing the gorgeous oled vita screen
---
Official Royal Kilted Canadian Kilted Yaksmen
#2YoyokuKOPosted 5/8/2013 5:34:35 PM
no

the quality will always be stream quality
#3trenkenPosted 5/8/2013 5:35:38 PM
It would be too expensive I think. The Vita screen is incredible, but that thing isnt cheap. Ill bet a gamepad with a screen like that would be $200.

Theres already talk that in the future when/if gamepads are sold separately they could be something like $120.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#4Jacob46719Posted 5/8/2013 5:35:40 PM
Murderstorm117 posted...
I would if it had a battery life longer than 3 hours. It can be hard to go back to playing with the wii u gamepad after playing the gorgeous oled vita screen

vita is NOT HD.
---
Currently Playing: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, 007 Legends, StarCraft 2, SM3DL, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
#5zatOMGPosted 5/8/2013 5:36:05 PM
I suppose I would, yes.
#6CaptainlunaticPosted 5/8/2013 5:36:48 PM
Depends if I can trade my regular pad in for a discount, otherwise no.
---
Tada! I'm a tomato!
#7trenkenPosted 5/8/2013 5:37:20 PM
Jacob46719 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...

vita is NOT HD.

Well relatively speaking for the size of the screen. That screen looks as good as any hdtv you could buy.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8DiscostewSMPosted 5/8/2013 5:38:48 PM
YoyokuKO posted...
no

the quality will always be stream quality

Pretty much. In order to utilize HD on the Gamepad, the input stream would need to be in HD, meaning the console would not only have to have the power to compress and send out an HD stream, but that the buffer used as the source for the stream would have to be rendered in HD. That there requires even more processing from the GPU, so to offset that, the GPU would have to be improved.

tl;dr - Having HD on the Gamepad would require a lot more than simply making the Gamepad use an HD screen.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#9vidalmorazaPosted 5/8/2013 5:41:11 PM
trenken posted...
Jacob46719 posted...
Murderstorm117 posted...

vita is NOT HD.

Well relatively speaking for the size of the screen. That screen looks as good as any hdtv you could buy.

No, is not HD, is high resolution and the size helps, but is not HD, there are a few phone screens that are 1080p at the same Vita screen size, then what are those? Super HD?

I can see a better screen gamepad later, maybe a LED with the same resolution, because with a higher resolution, the console is gonna have a harder time rendering 2 HD images....
---
XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: VidalukoVet
(most)This gen games: http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b245/VIdaluko/DSC00631.jpg
#10FayeLadyPosted 5/8/2013 5:43:56 PM
Depends what else it can do. The Wii U probably doesn't support streaming HD, but miracast certainly does.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.