Smash Bros. U will release...

#1lowuwPosted 5/8/2013 5:11:24 PM
Early part of 2014, probably in March, to help keep Wii U sales up after the holiday season. Wii U sold well at launch through the holidays, but slowed down in the new year because of lack of games. The Wii U will sell good this holiday season with 3D Mario, Mario Kart, and Windwaker HD and Nintendo will release Smash early in the new year to keep sales steady after this holiday season.
#2biggy204Posted 5/8/2013 5:13:34 PM
In other words "delayed" just like te Smash Bros rumored for the 3DS which was supposed to be its launch title.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#3fhsfootball74Posted 5/8/2013 5:15:38 PM
biggy204 posted...
In other words "delayed" just like te Smash Bros rumored for the 3DS which was supposed to be its launch title.

How can it be delayed if they haven't announced a release date?
---
Blue Jackets, Columbus Crew, Reds, Bengals, Buckeyes
PSN-Fhsfootball74 NNID- returnoftheryan
#4Pac12345Posted 5/8/2013 5:15:54 PM
I highly doubt it. If anything, late 2014 (November or December) seems more likely. Of course, that's assuming we get lucky. Otherwise, it'll be either early 2015 or summer 2015. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed the release all the way to late 2015.

Development started after the release of Kid Icarus (Feb, 2011).
#5LightHawKnightPosted 5/8/2013 5:16:02 PM
biggy204 posted...

When the hell was smash bros for the 3DS a launch title?! When?!
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#6MARl0Posted 5/8/2013 5:19:06 PM
November 2014 is the most logical release window for the game.
---
Currently playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Wii U) / Pandora's Tower (Wii)
#7Hiten Mitsurugi SPosted 5/8/2013 5:25:05 PM
Pac12345 posted...
I highly doubt it. If anything, late 2014 (November or December) seems more likely. Of course, that's assuming we get lucky. Otherwise, it'll be either early 2015 or summer 2015. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they pushed the release all the way to late 2015.

Development started after the release of Kid Icarus (Feb, 2011).

Feb 2012 actually

But still, Summer 2015? Come on.

The game will be out Spring 2014 at the latest.
---
XBL: Hate Pad Scrubs.
#8biggy204Posted 5/8/2013 5:30:00 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
biggy204 posted...

Whoa calm down LHK, so defencive over a "rumor" you know something most likely made up. Anyways, it could be easy leading that rumor when before the 3DS launch there was already Smash Bros talk for the 3DS. Heck I bought it at launch solely for that, then ended up buying games that was on interest to me in the long run.

The Wii U was the same thing, I saw logo's about Smash Bros that never were, so i ended up not buying a Wii U especially since NSMBU would probably be the only game I own on the system as all the others (big name ports) i could get on the PS3, like why buy ME3 for Wii U when I can transfer my PS3 character over their ME3.
---
"Do you smelllllllllllllllllllllll what The Rock Is Cookin" - the Rock
"No but who farted??" - Everyone else
#9LightHawKnightPosted 5/8/2013 5:33:43 PM
biggy204 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
biggy204 posted...

Whoa calm down LHK, so defencive over a "rumor" you know something most likely made up. Anyways, it could be easy leading that rumor when before the 3DS launch there was already Smash Bros talk for the 3DS. Heck I bought it at launch solely for that, then ended up buying games that was on interest to me in the long run.

The Wii U was the same thing, I saw logo's about Smash Bros that never were, so i ended up not buying a Wii U especially since NSMBU would probably be the only game I own on the system as all the others (big name ports) i could get on the PS3, like why buy ME3 for Wii U when I can transfer my PS3 character over their ME3.

No. You calm down. Do it. Now. Smash Bros was never even mentioned for the launch. Not even once. Never. Not even an iota of it was announced for a launch.
---
The Official Odin of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
"You know how confusing the whole good-evil concept is for me."
#10ZBug_Posted 5/8/2013 5:40:00 PM
LightHawKnight posted...
biggy204 posted...
LightHawKnight posted...
biggy204 posted...

No. You calm down. Do it. Now. Smash Bros was never even mentioned for the launch. Not even once. Never. Not even an iota of it was announced for a launch.

This. If anything, 2014 actually seem EARLY for the next Smash Bros. I wasn't expecting anything until 2015-2016
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
3DS FC 3995-6522-2067 (PM me so I can add you back)