Just curious guys...

#11shinra35800Posted 5/8/2013 6:21:09 PM
I only play 1 or 2 games a month. I'm in the same boat as punchout1116. But I'm still playing gen6 and below :P
#12SocranPosted 5/8/2013 6:37:47 PM
I don't have much choice. I own a Wii, Wii U, 3DS, PS3, and 360, and I am damn lucky if I manage to find a quality game suited to my taste every month. And they have a high tendency to be on Nintendo systems. I haven't touched my PS3 yet this year, and I haven't touched my 360 this decade.

In a sea of what I call "Hollywood games", the Wii U is like an oasis in the desert. People never take that into consideration. It's like the old saying, "Water, water, everywhere, and not a drop to drink." Focusing more on what the largest crowd wants, dancing to the same tune as the other consoles, means starving out the people who don't want those games just so they can gorge the people who have taken over.

This is why a lot of devs say "our games don't sell on Nintendo systems". It's like trying to sell saltwater to a freshwater fish, and when you can't do that, you instead taunt him by talking about how much bigger the ocean is. Well, yes, I am starved for games. I'm starved for them on my PS3, and starved for them on my 360, and all evidence suggests I'll still be starved for them on the PS4 and Nextbox. Let Nintendo keep doing what they're doing, because they're the only ones who will. Let them "fail to keep up with current trends" so we can preserve what was good about gaming in the past.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#13PUNCHOUT1116Posted 5/8/2013 6:39:16 PM
PancakesRock15 posted...
PUNCHOUT1116 posted...
To be fair, I'm 32.

I have neither the time nor funds for multiple games in a month. In fact, theres plenty I need to catch up on :(

Used game stores ;) lol I'm so lucky I have one right near my house that sells tons of games for 30 and under. I can honestly say I've bought 3 new games in my life out of my 100+ games. Although nothing I can do for your lack of time :P.

Lol yeah by the time I get around to them, they've usually had a nice price drop
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ, have accepted Him as your Lord and Savior, and are 100% proud of it, put this in your sig.
#14Darkstorm16Posted 5/8/2013 6:40:38 PM
Only reason I can't binge game is I need something called "sleep" and i also have other crap that needs to get done then I game for 3 hours.
---
Own a Vita, you're a troll, own a 3ds, you're a fanboy, own an IOS device, you have no opinion...tis the curse on these boards.
#15Faceman_Posted 5/8/2013 11:45:35 PM
Hmm... Binge gaming... Sounds a little pathetic, TC.
#16TalentedMPosted 5/8/2013 11:53:21 PM(edited)
The first year of many systems is plagued with problems, to be fair there wasn't a lot to offer up the first year of PS3 or 360 and the only reason you are seeing a few games trickle out onto the systems is because the developers are still used to making them for it.

As it stands, yeah I am ok with it. I have a pretty busy life being 28 and on my own I don't get a lot of time out of my consoles, so to sit down for a few hours to play a game every other day or so is a luxury to me. I am still just in the fledgling stages of MH3U and almost done with NSMBU.

I am always welcome to more games coming out and getting my attention and I am not exactly HAPPY with it, but I am ok with it. It isn't a huge deal but I do hope that the future holds more games for the system.

PancakesRock15 posted...
I seriously don't see any reason to buy a Wii U.

Are you here just to ask questions because you are interested, because if not I don't see why you care about our answers at all and judging by your post, you already have it in your mind that there is no reason and you don't seem to care about it in general.

Perhaps you should give it more time and wait for games to come out and hopefully once the ball gets rolling people decide that staying the same and not moving on can be pretty boring.
---
Since this game rely on micro transaction when people leave for mop this game will be I survive. - MageGuyInfinity
#17PancakesRock15(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 3:38:28 PM
Faceman_ posted...
Hmm... Binge gaming... Sounds a little pathetic, TC.

Pathetic? Well if you were to ask almost anyone 18 and over, who have lives and jobs, and who can't play throughout the week, they would say they themselves "binge game". Playing alot all at once is much more convenient then playing alot spread throughout the week. That's also why netflix is doing so good.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[Red ||||||||||||||| Green ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] Blue.
Can't wait til PS4. PSN:Ultimatepancake
#18lifelackPosted 5/10/2013 3:46:11 PM
TBH I don't have much time to play anyway so a game a month that please me is enough.
And I find them mostly with Nintendo. Haven't touched my Ps3 in a looooong time.
#19ChipChippersonPosted 5/10/2013 3:58:54 PM(edited)
I read more than game so it's no unusual for me to go a few months without buying or really getting into a game. The release schedule is fine for me.
---
As long as you're in my house, you'll do what I do, and believe what I believe. So butter your bacon... and bacon up that sausage, boy.
#20MotiJrPosted 5/10/2013 4:21:39 PM(edited)
I'm content. The fact is, while you may have time to 'binge' game, not everyone else does. I try to squeeze in some gaming when I can but even two games a month is too much for me. I think this is the problem though. People get carried away gaming and excessively play, then complain there aren't enough games. The obvious solution is to find another hobby and split your time with that, assuming you have a job, social life, responsibilities etc.

EDIT: My post is not directed to you specifically btw, because you seem to take offense easily. Also, while I am busy etc. I don't binge game. I merely play short bursts once a day or less. Binge gaming does sound kinda pathetic though. (In the name) Bit unhealthy too.
---
Turns out I have one of Sony's lap dogs following me around on gamefaqs. If you see him, don't feed him. He has a bad temper and is easily upset :D