Nintendo sent me an email that I should get my mom a Wii U for Mother's Day

#1flipwitsPosted 5/8/2013 8:53:46 PM
This seems like a very strange advertisement campaign, and one that would lead my mom to call me self-centered and cancel my credit card.
---
Ska Punk's Not Dead!
#2Beatperson14Posted 5/8/2013 8:58:50 PM
Lmao I hope this is true
#3DiscostewSMPosted 5/8/2013 9:14:57 PM
They sent me an email saying that for Mother's Day, they are giving me a free copy of Super Metroid on Wii U VC in appreciation for Mother Brain.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#4AhnoldDoodPosted 5/8/2013 9:16:47 PM
Beatperson14 posted...
Lmao I hope this is true

And why do you want it to be? Are you this sad?
#5flipwits(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 9:18:11 PM
The subject header is "Make Mom's Day about fun"

And then inside it says "A Mom's Day gift the whole family will love... Bring the family together with Wii U. Play games and enjoy TV in a whole new way! See why moms love it"

I can just imagine some Cartman-esque kid playing New Super Mario Bros on his "Mom's" Wii U while she cries quietly in the other room and contemplates giving the dad custody.
---
Ska Punk's Not Dead!
#6pokemega32Posted 5/8/2013 9:18:43 PM
inb4NintendoIsDesperateBecauseThey'reAdvertising
---
When life gives you melons, you know you're dyslexic.
#7AwayFromHerePosted 5/8/2013 9:21:21 PM
It's more they're desperate for trying to go after the same market that made the Wii a success, but we all know that isn't going to happen.
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#8flipwits(Topic Creator)Posted 5/8/2013 9:24:44 PM
Yeah I feel as though the market of moms that would genuinely appreciate getting this as a Mother's Day present is about the same size as moms that would genuinely appreciate an All Terrain Vehicle.. That's not to say that it doesn't exist. But it definitely isn't big enough for a remotely understandable ad campaign.
---
Ska Punk's Not Dead!
#9zoogelioPosted 5/8/2013 9:37:36 PM
So... Wiill U?