Currently #4 On the Wii boards..,

#11CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/9/2013 9:18:35 AM
DBPanterA posted...

GE had more game sales and is still #1 on the Wii boards.

Yeah, but its all talk.
Hardly any of it is people playing the game anymore...

Otherwise CON2 wouldn't be nearly tied with it in online play time per user!

http://www.coffeewithgames.com/2013/05/fps-friday-conduit-2-has-been-played.html

As for sales, Con2 sold out fast, and that's saying a lot considering the game had ZERO advertising.
They just never bothered to print more copies.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#12CHAINMAILLEKIDPosted 5/9/2013 9:19:36 AM
B05S_Brennan posted...
DTY3 posted...
DBPanterA posted...
GE >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conduit 2

Guys... This has nothing to do with GE. No need to turn it into a "Conduit vs. GE" thread.

Why not?
This has been a long time in coming.
---
NS_CHAIN 2666-2862-7656
#13papermonkey21Posted 5/9/2013 9:21:43 AM
Conduit was bad and the sequel managed to be even worse
---
Cause if you step to Ruth on the mic I'll fan your fancy bike and all.
YERRR OUT! With three strikes, and just one ball.
#14TheRedneck14Posted 5/9/2013 11:46:51 AM
I thought Conduit 1 was better
---
Supreme Overlord of the Generation 90's board http://i.imgur.com/WELMvY7.png
Please call me Joe, I dislike my username on here.
#15Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 12:46:41 PM
MasterPoker posted...
DBPanterA posted...
GE >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Conduit 2

GE's ADS Snap even puts Call of Duty's auto-aim to shame. Add in a progression system that actually gives huge buffs to your loadout as you level up, giving veterans a severe advantage...no, I'll pass.

Conduit 2 had some nifty ideas, but the progression system was, again, garbage. The good news is that the game did get a number of balance patches, and the progression could easily be hacked with a +credits hack, allowing you to buy nearly everything that wasn't cosmetic. Not sure if anyone got around to making a hack anyone on Homebrew could use, but from personal experience it took all of five minutes for me to make one myself. It just wasn't a basic "set my money to X" hack because Conduit 2 did have crude anti-hack coding.

EDIT: Due to currently being trolled on another board, I want to make it clear that I never played Conduit 2 online. I did briefly play GE online, but it wasn't release-week when I went on and I quickly got fed up between ADS Snap, proxies everywhere, and the Masterton.

Ah, I see.

From what I understand what sucks people into CoD and GE is unlocks and ranking. While Conduit 2 keep you occupied with just it's gameplay. And those games doe all the aiming for you? I haven't gotten to play GE, yet, but it seems more like an RPG than an FPS.

ADS snap does help the game get initial users. But hurts it in the long run, as players will soon feel they have hit the skill roof, and can't possibly get any better.
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#16TrueBlue91Posted 5/9/2013 12:54:36 PM
I'm curious, what's so good about Conduit 2's online multiplayer?
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#17Derppopotamus(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 1:33:39 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...

It's something original. Goldeneye on the Wii is Call of Duty with a couple interesting gamemodes. Call of Duty is... Call of Duty, the same game they push out every year but with new maps and some tweaks to the previous game. I suppose there are a couple other Multiplayer Shooters on the Wii, but none that still have a lot of players.

The weapons are fun and interesting. Alongside the line up of weapons that are in every shooter (Assualt Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, et cetra) It has the Alien weapons that are all alive and they sort of squirm around shoot in a way that feels organic. And then there's the weapons made by "The Trust" who are a secret organization and tend to have the "futuristic" weapons. They set themselves apart from the normal human weapons not only in the way they look, but in the way you can use them. ^__^

Surprisingly enough, the weapons outside the human set are still viable. Ever since launch the Conduit 2 board have constantly changed what weapons they saw as "over used." Sometimes You'll see a bunch of guys with just a shotgun, next match there may be one guy with a gun that shoots wasps, and another guy catching the projectiles from that gun in his.

I apologize for making a wall of text. I could say so much more, but I don't want to drown you in all the good stuff it has to offer and get your hopes up for a game that has some issues with hit detection and lag.
---
The Conduit 2 chat room is now up and running again.
http://mibbit.com/?channel=%23conduit2&server=irc.web.gamesurge.net
#18Hawke0Posted 5/9/2013 2:34:59 PM
TrueBlue91 posted...

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/conduit_2/b/user_reviews/archive/2013/03/05/conduit-2-review.aspx

@TC I'd buy it.
---
Armstrong/Monsoon 2016
#19TrueBlue91Posted 5/9/2013 2:46:30 PM
Derppopotamus posted...
TrueBlue91 posted...

It's something original. Goldeneye on the Wii is Call of Duty with a couple interesting gamemodes. Call of Duty is... Call of Duty, the same game they push out every year but with new maps and some tweaks to the previous game. I suppose there are a couple other Multiplayer Shooters on the Wii, but none that still have a lot of players.

The weapons are fun and interesting. Alongside the line up of weapons that are in every shooter (Assualt Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, et cetra) It has the Alien weapons that are all alive and they sort of squirm around shoot in a way that feels organic. And then there's the weapons made by "The Trust" who are a secret organization and tend to have the "futuristic" weapons. They set themselves apart from the normal human weapons not only in the way they look, but in the way you can use them. ^__^

Surprisingly enough, the weapons outside the human set are still viable. Ever since launch the Conduit 2 board have constantly changed what weapons they saw as "over used." Sometimes You'll see a bunch of guys with just a shotgun, next match there may be one guy with a gun that shoots wasps, and another guy catching the projectiles from that gun in his.

I apologize for making a wall of text. I could say so much more, but I don't want to drown you in all the good stuff it has to offer and get your hopes up for a game that has some issues with hit detection and lag.

Sounds interesting.

Also, seems like the dev team were pretty good but restricted to low budget or something.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#20mjc0961Posted 5/9/2013 2:50:03 PM
Who cares? This is the Wii U board, not the Wii board, and the Conduit franchise sucks ass.
---
sirtonne posted...
This topic is so stupid I had to slap my wife.