Would you like to see a Kid Icarus Wii U game?

#1metroid02Posted 5/8/2013 11:47:03 PM
Would you? - Results (58 votes)
Yes
84.48% (49 votes)
No
15.52% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I vote yes! I mean, as far as I can tell the only issue people had with the 3DS one were the controls. Even though I found the controls of the KIU to be great Nintendo could appeal to the crowd that didnt like them due to all the control options with the Wii U; you could play the game using either Stylus, Dual Analog, Wii U Pro Controller or the Wii mote. Also, seeing as what the team behind the 3DS version could pull out of the 3DS graphics wise it would be very interesting to see what they could do with the Wii Us hardware.

KIU is one of my favorite 3DS games and Im sure this game would work really well on the Wii U.

What are your thoughts?
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#2SocranPosted 5/9/2013 12:20:05 AM
For the record, dual analogue controls wouldn't work in Kid Icarus Uprising without changing other facets of the game. It was designed specifically for the level of speed and precision that could only be managed with the controls it had. Of course, a Wii U sequel could instead be designed with dual analogue in mind, especially since the gamepad can't be expected to be held with one hand that long anyway... But my point is that "the same game except with dual analogue" was never an option.

That said, however they do the controls, I would love to see a game in the style of Kid Icarus Uprising on the Wii U. In particular, the way the characters and humor was handled had "Nintendo style" written all over it, and was pulled off excellently. It's the way I'd hope they'd treat the stories in lots of other Nintendo games, because it's such a perfect fit. Hell, despite the constant references to the NES game, it still felt like a brand new IP, what with the huge cast of new characters and the fact that even the old ones never had a personality to begin with. I'm-a smack anyone who says that game is another example of Nintendo "relying on old franchises", because it was the absolute perfect blend of old and new.
---
Socran's Razor: "Never attribute to massive stupidity by someone else, what could be explained by a tiny bit of stupidity on your own part."
#3metroid02(Topic Creator)Posted 5/9/2013 2:11:56 AM
Socran posted...
For the record, dual analogue controls wouldn't work in Kid Icarus Uprising without changing other facets of the game. It was designed specifically for the level of speed and precision that could only be managed with the controls it had. Of course, a Wii U sequel could instead be designed with dual analogue in mind, especially since the gamepad can't be expected to be held with one hand that long anyway... But my point is that "the same game except with dual analogue" was never an option.

That said, however they do the controls, I would love to see a game in the style of Kid Icarus Uprising on the Wii U. In particular, the way the characters and humor was handled had "Nintendo style" written all over it, and was pulled off excellently. It's the way I'd hope they'd treat the stories in lots of other Nintendo games, because it's such a perfect fit. Hell, despite the constant references to the NES game, it still felt like a brand new IP, what with the huge cast of new characters and the fact that even the old ones never had a personality to begin with. I'm-a smack anyone who says that game is another example of Nintendo "relying on old franchises", because it was the absolute perfect blend of old and new.

Fully agree with you there, there was too much reliance on the touch screen to make DA a viable option. And as you mentioned, you would just be way to slow with DA. However, I believe they could (to a certain degree) make it work on teh Wii U. You could map all the specials to the ABXY buttons (and the second set of triggers). Of course, you would (online) always be at a disatvantage against people using the stylus (or wii mote) but an easy filtering option would make matches fair.
---
"Crysis missed the mark visually. I mean come on, there is an island full of Koreans, but NONE of them are playing Starcraft???" -themerchant8
#4pokemonfreak97Posted 5/9/2013 5:43:49 AM
As a major fan of Uprising, yes. It was a good game on the 3DS, and I hope that they can do even better on the Wii U; the touch screen stuff from Uprising didn't respond to any prompts visible on the touch screen, so the GamePad could essentially serve the role that the bottom half of the 3DS did, with the TV screen doing the job of the upper screen. Controls might need to be tweaked a bit for the GamePad, and obviously I'd prefer a new game over a port/remake, but this game seems like it was made with the Wii U in mind, even though it was made before the thing was even announced.
---
For those of you starting topics about the PS4, there's a PS4 board:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4
#5SadLinkPosted 5/9/2013 5:47:24 AM
The 3DS game was unplayable for me due to the controls.
Even the circle pad pro doesnt fix the problem.
My hands were in pain.
However a Wii U version would certainly fix that and I always did want to be able to play the game properly so...
If even a port came I think I would buy it.
---
Playing:
Tomb Raider (not impressed), Luigi's Mansion 2
#6oq7sterPosted 5/9/2013 5:55:37 AM
Funny even the name of the game seems like it had been selected for a WiiU game "Kid Icarus: Uprising". Now, even though the gamepad would be great, this game is more suited for a Wii remote+ nunchuk control scheme.
---
3DS: 1805-3478-2204; NNID: oq7ster
I was addicted to Oblivion. Then Skyrim burned my gpu.
#7SadLinkPosted 5/9/2013 6:16:48 AM
oq7ster posted...
Funny even the name of the game seems like it had been selected for a WiiU game "Kid Icarus: Uprising". Now, even though the gamepad would be great, this game is more suited for a Wii remote+ nunchuk control scheme.

agrees
---
Playing:
Tomb Raider (not impressed), Luigi's Mansion 2
#8FenDieselLivesPosted 5/9/2013 6:21:10 AM
I'm loving this game and would pay good money for a sequel on WiiU. I think this is now one of my fav Nintendo franchises thanks to the fun characters.
---
PSN and Xbox 360: FenDiesel