Nintendo could launch a Super Computer Console and they would still get trolled.

#21STN79Posted 5/9/2013 10:36:13 AM(edited)
@ TalentedM

Sorry but PS1 outsold N64 by a huge margin. Let's not forget the fact that Playstation's library was also huge in comparison. Snes was in all actuality better than Genesis. That's not me being fanboy. It's a damn proven fact. Only thing N64 had over Sony during that time was Ocarina of time and other first party titles. Third party developers started migrating to other companies because of N64 so no they were not on top during that era.
#22Lupin the 4thPosted 5/9/2013 10:34:38 AM
HungoverHero777 posted...
bigdaddydmac posted...
Ultima_D_Strike posted...
Well we dont really know since Nintendo has never launched a more powerful console than the competition.

nice try troll

Snes> Sega genesis
N64>ps1
Gamecube>ps2

SNES>Genesis - OK I'll give you this one, but there were titles that performed better on Sega.
N64>PS1 - LOL! Sure, it was more powerful, but handicapped by cartridges rather than CDROM. 3rd party titles left in a hurry!
Gamecube>PS2 - again, handicapped by storage media. Those GC discs were so cute! Try and fit GTA San Andreas on one!

Annnd.... Nintendo never recovered any decent 3rd party support after the SNES. Mostly due to idiotic hardware decisions.

Major 3rd party titles lost over the years...
Final Fantasy main titles gone after SNES
Castlevania (the N64 and 3ds games suck, no main titles)
Resident Evil (GC titles rocked, no numbered titles, Revelations is garbage)
Metal Gear (Twin Snakes,a cameo on SSB, and a bad mgs3 3ds port)
Street Fighter (gone on any Nintendo home console since SNES)

And so with one particularly putrid "opinion as fact" line, your entire post is void.

Also, I coulda swore I played SFIV on my 3DS. Must be my imagination. And if RE: Rev is sooo terrible, why exactly are they porting it to all three current consoles?
---
The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again! Ha Ha Ha!)
-Lupin III: Stealing jewels and schooling fools since 1967-
#23Enigma149Posted 5/9/2013 10:37:36 AM
TalentedM posted...
The only thing worse than the troll posts are the posts that need to talk about the troll posts.

You're forgetting the troll posts about the people that talk about troll posts.
---
3DS: 4897-5935-1924; NNID: CrimsonEnigma; Steam: CrimsonEnigma
''If you think a system will make you look mature, you ain't mature'' -squatch22
#24SuichimoPosted 5/9/2013 10:44:50 AM
STN79 posted...
@ TalentedM

Sorry but PS1 outsold N64 by a huge margin. Let's not forget the fact that Playstation's library was also huge in comparison. Snes was in all actuality better than Genesis. That's not me being fanboy. It's a damn proven fact. Only thing N64 had over Sony during that time was Ocarina of time and other first party titles. Third party developers started migrating to other companies because of N64 so no they were not on top during that era.

He SPECIFICALLY said he was talking about specs. He is correct the N64 was a stronger machine than the Playstation. Was it hampered by the media its games were on? Yes, even if they did have the upside of virtually no load times.

The N64 lost support because they could finally get out from underneath Yamauchi's thumb.
---
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
#25FayeLadyPosted 5/9/2013 10:45:56 AM
Suichimo posted...
STN79 posted...
@ TalentedM

He SPECIFICALLY said he was talking about specs. He is correct the N64 was a stronger machine than the Playstation. Was it hampered by the media its games were on? Yes, even if they did have the upside of virtually no load times.

^Same could really be said for the Gamecube
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.