You guys are taking what Activision said the wrong way

#31DiscostewSMPosted 5/9/2013 11:14:10 AM
You can thank the trolls for focusing only on the Wii U in their statement to make it look worse than it really is.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#32Xtreme-VoidPosted 5/10/2013 7:01:37 AM
DiscostewSM posted...
You can thank the trolls for focusing only on the Wii U in their statement to make it look worse than it really is.

so are you saying Activision is the troll?
---
PC Gaming Rigs, PS3, XBOX 360, PS VITA, PSP, 3DS
Universal Gamer
#33gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 7:15:47 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
DiscostewSM posted...

so are you saying Activision is the troll?

I think he is saying you are...

Literally anyone who reads that article and comes away thinking that Activision is doing bad right now and they're blaming the Wii U for it is seriously slow. They are saying that game sales, console sales, and the gaming industry is in a bit of a decline right now. They mention the Wii U as an example of this trend...not the cause. If a person can't understand that, then I feel sorry for them...and if they can and just decide to take it out of context and troll with it, well then...**** them.
---
("+[__]::") = love
#34nonexistingheroPosted 5/10/2013 7:18:59 AM
zender1999 posted...
we are in a gaming crash, to many similar games, too many microtransactions, too much abusing the gamers
gamers are speaking with their wallets, the publishers and companies that ralize this and change for the better will survive, the ones that keep going down the same route will fail bad

It's actually going much like how our governments are managed (most 1st world countries, at least). Rather than really thinking things through, making smart investments, focusing on future proofing and especially... working efficiently, they just try picking easy solutions with little thought behind it. Rather than using some effort to truly turn it around, they keep coming up with more schemes to save money and nickle & dime it from consumers/citicizens... not realizing that this is costing them A LOT more money in the long run.

I think this is pretty stupid too, because there's been a ton of research about how to work well and efficiently, but none of the most powerful companies actually seems to be using any of it, because the higher ups are more concerned about filling their own pockes with money than they are with doing their job.

The gaming industry grew because developers were passionate about developing games and really wanted to give consumers the best experience. These days, other factors overwhelm that most important factor so much that it severely hurts the gaming experience.

Oh well, at least when the gaming industry is going down, Nintendo will still hold up. They seem to be the only console company that's still passionate about developing good games (despite not always succeeding).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#35PigfartsPosted 5/10/2013 7:22:39 AM
Xtreme-Void posted...
gameG3ni3 posted...
Xtreme-Void posted...
Insecure assurance topic

Did you even read the article??? You'd have to read it upside down and backwards to extrapalate that Activision is blaming the Wii U for anything. They even talked about WoW losing revenue riight now. Lol, name me a game on Wii U Activision has LOST money on.

Reassurance troll posting is a thing too....the other companies are going to feel this too...all the graphical power in the world can't stop time

are you trolling me?

of course I did, and Wii U is specifically doomed.

for you to realize, assurance topic like this won't save Nintendo

and Nintendo should keep their fate to themselves.

First off its Nintendooooooooom, and second of all its Wiissurance. The post as you wrote it makes absolutely no sense. Edit your post and try again.
---
If you don't like the smell of pigfarts, stay out of the pigpen.
#36nonexistingheroPosted 5/10/2013 7:25:06 AM
excitebike64 posted...
lt519 posted...
excitebike64 posted...
Yeah, that's what they were saying.

They only mentioned WiiU as an example.

The thing is, the WiiU still is a viable product. To point out the WIiU as an example means investors are demanding the same amount of sales for next gen as on current gen... within three months out the door.

Totally unrealistic for anybody right now. Investors are acting like consoles are smart phones... totally ignoring how even basic blu-ray took time.

The console market is still pretty strong. But it will face real problems if products start to get rushed.

I think the market for consoles is in big trouble. All they are doing is releasing PCs at this point and as soon as consumers get smart to that fact they will migrate to Steam. While it is more expensive to build a PC than buy a console, the games are much much cheaper on Steam to make up for that difference. Steam already has all the features being touted by the PS4. I have mine plugged into my TV with a Xbox 360 controller, viola a console that won't be outdated. Exclusives are the only thing that will save them and they know that, hence Microsoft not releasing their big hitters for PC.

Fortunately for me I have a good job and can be a terrible consumer and just buy everything for their exclusives. But other people, they will soon learn that the new consoles are just PCs (for crying out loud the PS4 event had all demos running on PCs).

It will be about exclusives, like always. And despite how people are downing 720 vs PS4 on gamefaqs, I see 720 getting more support. A good media package and then Halo will sell despite how much i never plan to get one.

Sony has a good shot too. And actually, the flow of once PC only games coming to console still means AAA gaming on PC may face problems first.

For steam to stay popular, long term, the so called steambox has to do well.
The line is blurring in gaming. And if MS continues their route and the steambox, I see the old PC vs console argument getting grayer and grayer.

In fact, the only positive for PC, the only reason it still has one is because companies need money right now. So that need may mean GTAV will go to PC, just to squeeze out that last little bit of money. But it will still be making much more money on current gen consoles.

You have it the other way around. PC gaming has been on a rise for a while now. Building a gaming PC isn't even expensive, unless you want truly top-of-the-line. Otherwise, around $500 should be sufficient to build a machine right now, that is more capable than the PS4 and upcoming Xbox. Games on PC are much cheaper than on consoles, especially with the insane Steam sales. They are more customizable, you can download and use mods for many games (free of any charge).

On top of this all, hooking up your PC to your TV is very easy these days. You can also easily play wirelessly. Basically, all of the advantages the XBox 360 and PS3 offered at the start of the 7th generation have disappeared. Hell, even most PS3 and 360 games are coming out on the PC and the PC gets more exclusives than both of them put together. Unless you really want PS3 and/360 exclusives... and it will be the same for the PS4 and Xbox 3... there's literally no reason to get a console above a desktop PC for gaming.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#37NamcoMuseum2Posted 5/10/2013 7:30:26 AM
I don't like Activision, but pulling Wii U support would be the smartest thing they've ever done.
---
RobJ23 (the ultimate Nintendo apologist) = defeated
Here's why: http://s16.postimg.org/szvsebqw5/Rob_J23_exposed.jpg
#38Neo_HeartlessPosted 5/10/2013 7:34:01 AM
NamcoMuseum2 posted...
I don't like Activision, but pulling Wii U support would be the smartest thing they've ever done.

How so?
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#39gameG3ni3(Topic Creator)Posted 5/10/2013 7:48:14 AM
Neo_Heartless posted...
NamcoMuseum2 posted...

How so?

Because he personally doesn't like Nintendo. Which is funny coming from a Namco fan...but what ever.
---
("+[__]::") = love
#40CyricsServantPosted 5/10/2013 8:00:14 AM
Jobocan posted...
They're right to be worried too. That 22% drop in revenue in 2012 (for the industry as a whole) is nothing to scoff at, and that's, IIRC, following another drop in 2011. Things are going down and companies aren't adapting to the change.

Personally, I think lack of originality is definitely a factor.

Just take a look at Dead Space 3. EA wanted to move at least 5 million units to keep the series viable, but recent reports indicate it sold a little worse than DS2. The latest Gears of War and God of War prequels have "underperformed" as well, but they're also perceived by gamers as being rehashed and by-the-books. Gamers are suffering from sequel fatigue.

However, it seems like indie developers and smaller developers who are willing to take risks are making bank. Hotline Miami, FTL: Faster Than Light, Thomas Was Alone, Lone Survivor, etc.

What the market needs (imo) is originality. Sure, those games are going to sell less units than a lot of these under-performing AAA behemoths, but so what? Scale your budget accordingly and you might even end up making more of a profit. Who knows?