Nintendo is now less profitable than SONY. Sony made 6x Nintendo's profit FY12

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo is now less profitable than SONY. Sony made 6x Nintendo's profit FY12
3 years ago#1
http://www.zdnet.com/nintendo-misses-fy2013-profit-forecast-by-50-percent-7000014493/

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/10/business/global/10iht-sony10.html?_r=0

Nintendo: $71 million
Sony: $435 million

Is it time to start worrying about Sony's future?
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
3 years ago#2
If this is true, you are going to have some really upset fanboys attacking you in this topic.
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
3 years ago#3
That's the entire company
3 years ago#4
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
If this is true, you are going to have some really upset fanboys attacking you in this topic.

I provided sources. This is no joke post.
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
3 years ago#5
Is that just Sony''s game division or all their products, TV shows, TV's, Movies etc. combined.
3 years ago#6
Because the only way Sony turned a profit is selling HQs, laying off thousands, and cutting exec bonuses. Nintendo paid money to build a new building, which would count as an expense.
Not changing this sig until I have enough time, incentive, and attention span large enough to change this sig.
3 years ago#7
Amazingly enough, having multiple revenue sources is far better than having one revenue source. For this same reason, it is more of an impact when you fail to make a profit because that means multiple sources in your company are failing to make good.

Can we get some trolls that actually put effort into their attempts, please?
Aries- The look on your face will be priceless when you find that forty pound watermelon in you colon. -Weird Al
3 years ago#8
geoffreyAX posted...
Is that just Sony''s game division or all their products, TV shows, TV's, Movies etc. combined.

Yeah because Sony is after all an electronics company.
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
3 years ago#9
My stance on the situation is completely neutral but it's worth noting that Sony's earnings included the entire company, not just their gaming division.

I hope they both do well in the future!
3 years ago#10
It's ok. Nintendo has a gajabazillion dollars in their bank account just sitting there! Doing nothing! And no debt!

Sony probably sold like 50 buildings to make that profit anyway.

AMIDOINGITRITE?!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo is now less profitable than SONY. Sony made 6x Nintendo's profit FY12

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived