Nintendo is now less profitable than SONY. Sony made 6x Nintendo's profit FY12

#421xChaosLordxPosted 5/11/2013 12:35:24 AM
Downsizing and cutting losses is all part of business. It just means Sony is going to be leaner and meaner as a company. They trimmed down the fat and did a vigorous workout routine and have 6 pack abs now.

I don't care how you look at it or what other excuses you want to make, but the fact of the matter is Sony is more profitable than Nintendo.
#422Baha05Posted 5/11/2013 12:35:52 AM
tyrolzall posted...
Looks at all the Nintendo reassurance replies!

The fact still remains that Sony is way more profitable than Nintendo. One thing Sony knows how to do is cut their losses. Something Nintendo should also learn how to do.

Fact is though it's kind of expected of Sony to be more profitable, but you can't in all fairness or reality compare Sony as a whole to Nintendo.
---
"I think there will be a price drop at the latest by E3. I'd even bet my account on it." Icecreamdunwich on the Wii U
#423DiscostewSMPosted 5/11/2013 12:40:20 AM
tyrolzall posted...
Looks at all the Nintendo reassurance replies!

The fact still remains that Sony is way more profitable than Nintendo. One thing Sony knows how to do is cut their losses. Something Nintendo should also learn how to do.

You might be right about Nintendo needing to learn to cut their losses.....but they need to be in a scenario where it's required first.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#424squatch22Posted 5/11/2013 12:50:48 AM
xChaosLordx posted...
Downsizing and cutting losses is all part of business. It just means Sony is going to be leaner and meaner as a company. They trimmed down the fat and did a vigorous workout routine and have 6 pack abs now.

I don't care how you look at it or what other excuses you want to make, but the fact of the matter is Sony is more profitable than Nintendo.

Sony is bigger so they SHOULD be making more profits. ..
---
Doggy:100 is not 1/3 of 300
http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/1/9/b/gfs_75574_2_16.jpg
#425shaunmePosted 5/11/2013 1:01:21 AM
squatch22 posted...
xChaosLordx posted...

Sony is bigger so they SHOULD be making more profits. ..

finally, he gets it

Sony= massive
Nintendo = small
---
MY Wii u IS a next gen console!!
It just has LAST gen hardware. NNID:shaunme
#426thundercat2600(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:47:50 AM
Buretsu posted...
Trolls:

- Complain when someone brings up Sony in a discussion about Nintendo
- Make topics about Sony on a message board about Nintendo

Shine on, you delusional nutjobs.

Nintendo fans:

- change the subject to Sony every time someone questions Nintendo's bad decisions
- whine that "this is a NINTENDO board" when positive Sony news comes up

*sigh* remember the good old days, when "success" didn't mean "not failing as badly as your competitor"?

If ever there were an industry that deserves to crash, this is it.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#427thundercat2600(Topic Creator)Posted 5/11/2013 4:59:51 AM
MrYon posted...
Aware of how Nintendo fanboys gloat themselves with how much money Nintendo have and how big their profits are as excuse for anything wrong about them, this is a BIG KICK in their nuts.

Yup! Especially since Nintendo suffered their first loss since entering the video game market in FY2011.

Then last year they suffered a $366 million operating loss. They only made a tiny profit on paper because the yen dropped in value (meaning their foreign assets effectively gained in value when measured in yen).

You'd think think this would be a wake up call, that what worked for Nintendo isn't working anymore. But no, Nintendo fans would rather sit here and circle jerk about how Sony is doing even worse.
---
they have the PC version of Darksiders 2 running on WiiU in 1080 native at 60 fps and full graphics options on. Neither 360 or PS3 can come close
-darkjedilink
#428msunshinePosted 5/11/2013 5:17:41 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
MrYon posted...
Aware of how Nintendo fanboys gloat themselves with how much money Nintendo have and how big their profits are as excuse for anything wrong about them, this is a BIG KICK in their nuts.

Yup! Especially since Nintendo suffered their first loss since entering the video game market in FY2011.

Then last year they suffered a $366 million operating loss. They only made a tiny profit on paper because the yen dropped in value (meaning their foreign assets effectively gained in value when measured in yen).

You'd think think this would be a wake up call, that what worked for Nintendo isn't working anymore. But no, Nintendo fans would rather sit here and circle jerk about how Sony is doing even worse.

Because sony is doing MuCH worse. Next year they will make a loss again because of the ps 4.
---
Current playthrough: 95stars. Demondog pulls numbers and facts out of his ***.
The wii U board is improving! bye MS,GFR, OUCH!
#429Ryan-06Posted 5/11/2013 5:29:39 AM
Wii Dead =(
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth.
http://i.minus.com/ipHqzgSb9E2MY.gif
#430icarus231Posted 5/11/2013 5:30:02 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Buretsu posted...
Trolls:

- Complain when someone brings up Sony in a discussion about Nintendo
- Make topics about Sony on a message board about Nintendo

Shine on, you delusional nutjobs.

Nintendo fans:

- change the subject to Sony every time someone questions Nintendo's bad decisions
- whine that "this is a NINTENDO board" when positive Sony news comes up

*sigh* remember the good old days, when "success" didn't mean "not failing as badly as your competitor"?

If ever there were an industry that deserves to crash, this is it.

Dont cry because your trolling topic got turn around and pointed out sony sucks